Chapter 5

Paper Heart

"Wow. That was a whole lot of rules." Saera muttered as she tried to wrap her mind around the amount of rules she had to remember. Jongin chuckled.

"There are a lot but most of them are just there since it's very unlikely for anyone to break those rules." He told her and she nodded her head a few times in understanding. All of a sudden, he stopped walking. "We're here." He turned to look at her before smiling. "Good luck." He nodded his head before suddenly disappearing right before her very eyes. Saera gawked at that before clearing softly and stepping into the Great Hall where there were thousands of other students gathered.

-

Soon enough, it was time for students of her age to step forward for the examination.

"Kim Jongin." At that name, Saera tried to get through the crowd to watch him demonstrating his skills to a man seated in the middle of the long table before them. Each time she blinked, he was in a different spot.

"'Pryldec." The man announced and Jongin went to stand with a group of students who had previously displayed mentally-controlled powers such as telekinesis and telepathy.

From what Jongin had told her earlier, the school was divided into six different sections and each section had their own schedules, their own dorms and even their own tables. The only thing the six sections shared together were the classrooms and the homerooms. What was funnier was that each section had their own flags, colors and mascot.

The 'Pryldec' group was the group for people who had mentally-controlled powers. Their color was a light blue with silver ts and their mascot was a surprise, surprise, a blue butterfly.  

The Aileas group was the group who manipulated, shaped and controlled things such as light, electricity, water, air and so on so forth. Their color was a neon green paired with a shade of dark green and their mascot was a dragon.

Another group was Eofrah which was the group who had special enchancements like enchanced intelligence, enchanced speed, enchanced strength, enchanced vision and so on so forth. Their color was yellow with orange and their mascot was a pegasus.

There was also the Astrini group which consisted of people who could manipulate time, manipulate life-forces or pretty much any godly power. They were known to be the strongest group among the six and usually, the members of the group are the type who likes to keep to themselves. Their color was a red with extremely dark grey and their mascot was a pheonix.

The fifth group was the Trald group which consisted of people who had physical powers such as being able to shapeshift. Their color was brown and black and their mascot was a griffin.

The last group, Drex is the group most people would prefer staying away from because they were almost always up to mischief. They consisted of people who had mimicry powers which gave them  the upside for pranking people as they could take on the attributes of specific substances, being or species without going through any physical changes. Their color was orange and white and their mascot was the cunning fox.

"Kim Minseok." At this, Saera snapped out of her thoughts just in time to see a snowball nearly hit the man in his face. The temperature had also dropped quite a bit. "Aileas." 

Soon, there were barely a few people left and Saera was one of the only ones there.

"Yoon Saera." The man called and with shivering hands, she stepped forward. 

"Okay, Saera. You can do this." She breathed as she stood in the middle of the hall, in front of the man who raised an eyebrow.

"Can you hear me?"


Was that how the man tested everyone and anyone who didn't take the initiative to move first? Saera wondered.

"I can hear you." She nodded. The man opened his mouth to speak, possibly to put her into Pryldec as well when she held up her hand and a fireball formed. At that, the whispering students turned silent as the man stared at her in shock. What she did next, almost completely blew them all away. She manipulated gravity and everyone as well as everything started floating until she stopped her power and everyone fell, including herself. She didn't know how and why but as though she always knew, she willed herself to shapeshift into a fox which she did because she found herself surprisingly shorter than before and had a tail along with a snout. She willed herself to change back which she did. Before she could do anything else, the man spoke.

"That's enough." The man ordered. "Wait here until everybody's done." She nodded as she stepped back towards where she previously stood since she wasn't sorted into any of the groups.


"Do you think she's the girl from the prophecy?"

"Perhaps she's the girl who will stop the war going on between our world and the Srammas." 


Saera could only look at them in confusion as she stood there silently, not noticing the slightly worried glance Jongin was sending her.

Sure enough Saera was soon the only one left. 

"Yoon Saera." The man whom she later found out was Professor Im, the school's deputy principal called and she walked over to him. "Come with me." He nodded in her direction before beginning to walk towards the door opposite of the students. She soon found herself standing before yet another man with Professor Im standing next to her.

"I believe.." Professor Im started. "we have found the chosen one." He revealed and Saera could only stare at him as though he was bonkers.

"I'm aware. That was the main reason why she was sent to this school." The man standing before her, otherwise known as Principal Park spoke. "Welcome to Arastea High, chosen one." He smiled mysteriously.