Chapter 3

Paper Heart

Saera sighed as she gazed up at her new school. "There must seriously be some mix-ups. There's no way I could get myself involved with such a grand school." She muttered.

The building before her was gigantic. It had glass windows and an automated front door. Everything was white with gold accents and it's design made it look extremely majestic. If this was just the front building, what would the rest of the school look like? 

Drawing in a deep breath, she stepped inside without knowing what to expect but the very moment she stepped foot into the school, a snowball came hurling at her face causing her eyes to widen in shock as the snowball melted right before it hit her in the face. 

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" A male came running towards her before he bowed multiple times in apology. 

"What.." Saera was stunned. "the hell.." She snapped out of her thoughts. "It's okay. I'm fine." She nodded at him.

"I'm Minseok. I've never seen you around before so you must be a new student!" The male whom she now knew as Minseok introduced himself.

" I'm Saera. Yoon Saera. I.. " She hesitated before continuing. "I am a new student so could you please point me to your school's main office?" She asked and he nodded. 

"Oh yeah sure." He said as he turned towards someone walking pass them and grabbed him by his shoulder. As the male turned, Saera's eyes widened in recognition. It was the male who had watched her back at the incident where she'd accidentally lit a bush on fire. It was obvious that the male recognized her as well from the way his eyes widened slightly. "Jongin, do me a favor and bring her to the main office. I have to go see Yixing." Minseok said and the male, Jongin nodded. With a grin, he pat Jongin on his shoulder before running off.  "Thanks, bro." He shouted as he ran. 

With a sigh, Jongin turned to look at Saera. 

"Well, let's get going." Jongin nodded at her before beginning to walk, not waiting for her.

"Y-Yah!" Saera snapped out of her thoughts as she ran after him. "Wait for me!" 


--

"There must be some sort of misunderstanding." Saera said the moment the secretary turned to look at her. "I did not enroll into this school so why and how did I receive that letter?" At that, Jongin turned to look at Saera in surprise. 

"May I have your name first?" The secretary asked, looking a little annoyed at Saera's way of demanding for answers.

"I'm Yoon Saera." Saera introduced herself. Jongin who was standing next to her, glanced at her.

"So.. Her name is Saera." He thought to himself. That was when he realized he was still standing awkwardly. "Right, uhm I'll get going then." He nodded at Saera before bowing towards the secretary and leaving the office. 

"Ah.. Miss Yoon." The secretary nodded a few times. "There were no misunderstandings. You were chosen as a student for this school due to your unique abilities." She nodded and Saera just stared at her in disbelief. Sighing softly, the secretary lifted her palm and out of nowhere, plasma started shooting out towards a potted plant.

"What the actual-" Saera bit her tongue before she could cuss out loud. "HECK YEAH!" She pumped her fists into the air, surprising the secretary. "I'm not crazy after all!" The secretary coughed and Saera blinked before composing herself. "Sorry.." She muttered. "but.. how did you guys know about my ability?" She asked. 

"We have our ways." The secretary smiled mysteriously before handing Saera a file. "Here are the things you need for your new school year and a pass so that the teacher who's supposed to teach you right now will excuse you for being late." Saera bowed a few times before leaving.

"First class,  homeroom" Saera blinked. "Right. Okay. Starting off with my homeroom isn't too bad." She nodded to herself.