Chapter 9 (The Beach Part 2 of 2)

Being only friends can hurt, but being more than that, can hurt us more.

Tae Kyung's POV

I waited for Mi Nyu for a few minutes, until she finally came out.

"C'mon! Everybody is already down-"

I stopped my sentence and looked at what she was wearing. It was a white one piece swim suit. She looked beautiful, but I didn't like the amount of skin she was showing.

"Tae Kyung hyung-ssi? Umm...let's go," she said as she tugged on my arm.

"No. You are not going down there while wearing that," I said.

"What? This is the only one I brought and plus, why would you care? It's not a big deal," she snapped.

I rolled my eyes,
"Fine."

She smirked and walked off ahead of me. I just followed her and about half way there, she started to talk,
"Hey, hyung-ssi."

Before she continued, I decided to tell her something,
"Hey Mi Nyu, you aren't pretending to be part of the group anymore, just called me oppa."

~Finally. I said it.~

I never really liked her calling my hyung-ssi even when she was covering up for her brother while she was in the group. After what happened, she got discovered and decided to be a singer.

"Umm...okay, I guess. Oppa," she started.

I couldn't help but smile at the way she says oppa, ahahaha.

She stood still and looked out at the sea, maybe watching Yonghwa and Seohyun playing in the water.

WAIT! What are those two doing!?

She hesitated at first, but asked,
"Do you think Yonghwa likes Seohyun?"

I was surprised by her question. Why would she ask that?

"Why?" I asked.

"I asked a question first," she replied and turned her head to me, expecting me to say something.

"Yeah, and maybe Seohyun likes him too," I replied.

"Hmm...I see," She said.

She continued walking down the beach and I followed her. We reached where Mi Nam and Jeremy were getting the food ready.

"Hey guys," Mi Nyu kneeled down in the sand and started to help.

I decided to help them and within a few minutes we were almost finished.

"Ow!" I heard Mi Nyu cried.

I noticed her left finger bleeding and I shouted,
"Gah! Mi Nyu! Damn it!"

I quickly went through her bag and grabbed the first aid kit she always carries around and cleaned it up.

"Oh, sorry oppa. I was cutting the fruit for the fruit salad. I am so clumsy," she said and started to laugh it out.

I didn't really find it funny because she got hurt.

"Yah! It's not funny! You're lucky you brought a first aid kit, or else...I wouldn't know what was going to happen," I said.

Her laugh quiet down and her face fell.

"Gosh...sorry! You don't have to be so serious all the time OPPA! We are at the beach! Why don't you just loosen up!" Her voice started to rise.

I couldn't take it anymore.

"It's hard to loosen up when I have to take care of a clumsy and careless girl like you!" I shouted.

"Who said you had to take care of me!? Huh? You are not my guardian or my brother, so WHY DO YOU HAVE TO WATCH OVER ME!?" She shouted.

I didn't say a word. I was speechless. Why was I being this way? I care about her, but...why am I being so protective. Ugh...my cold personality can really take over what I really want to do or say...

Mi Nam went between Mi Nyu and I and raised his arms,
Hey! Enough. We are here to have fun, not to get into any fights."

I turned my head towards where the ocean was. I didn't want to look at him in the eyes, then I saw Yonghwa and Seohyun walking up the beach and to where we are.

Yonghwa took a glance at Mi Nyu, who was red and angry. She then ran away.

"Mi Nyu! Come back, will ya!?" I heard Yonghwa shout and he ran after her.

I turned around and looked at everybody, then my eyes fell onto Seohyun.

Her smiling face I saw while she was playing with Yonghwa vanished. She sat down on the picnic blanket, hugged her knees and looked out onto the ocean. She sighed, then finished cutting the fruit Mi Nyu was originally cutting.

I sighed,

~Does Seohyun like Yonghwa?~

I turned around and saw Yonghwa comforting Mi Nyu under the tree I sat while I was waiting for Mi Nyu.

Then, they hugged, she buried her crying face in his chest and all Yonghwa did was hold her.

I heard footsteps behind me and that person passed by me. It was Seohyun.

She took a glance at the two under the tree and walked alongside the ocean. I followed her.

"May I join you?' I asked her once I caught up with her.

"Sure," she replied.

We walked along and I believe we were thinking about the same people: Mi Nyu and Yonghwa.

"Are you okay Tae Kyung oppa?" she asked after we have been walking for a few minutes.

"Not really, how about you?" I asked.

"Meh...I am just confused." she replied.

"About?" I asked.

"Yonghwa oppa. Don't tell anyone Tae Kyung oppa, but I might have feelings for him." She said and looked down as she was walking.

My eyes widened, I can't believe it. It's true that she likes him.

"Hmm...I won't tell anyone, as long as you don't tell anyone about me liking Mi Nyu," I smirked.

She quickly put up her head and gave me a surprised face. She silently nodded. She stopped walking and turned to me.

"Let's head back, I think everybody might be looking for us."

I nodded and we turned around and headed back to where everybody was. When we reached the spot where everybody was quietly eating she bowed to me.

"Thank you oppa, for walking with me. I promise I won't tell anybody your secret," she said with a quiet voice.

"No problem, I won't tell yours either" I said and gave her a wink.

She made a small laugh and sat down next to Jeremy and started to eat some fruit.

Mi Nyu and I made eye-contact a lot, but never exchanged a word throughout the whole day.
 

Mi Nyu's POV

I ran away from Tae Kyung oppa and everybody else. I wanted to slap him for being so annoying. Yet, I questioned why he acts that way towards me and only me. He doesn't do that to Seohyun, and he called me clumsy. What is his problem?

"Mi Nyu!" I heard Yonghwa.

He grabbed my wrist and looked at me. I tried to avoid his eyes, I didn't want him to see me crying.

He didn't say a word, but he hugged me. He didn't have to ask any questions, he saw what happened. All he did was hug me.

"Shh...Mi Nyu, it's going to be okay. Tae Kyung hyung can be a head sometimes, but he really does care," he said as he hugged me.

We stayed like that for a while. My tears finally stopped and he released me from our embrace.

He brushed my hair with his fingers and looked me in the eyes and said,
"Feel a little better?"

I silently nodded.

"Mi Nyu, when you need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me, arraso?" he said.

His words were comforting. I became happier and I held onto his hand.

He wasn't surprised by my gesture and we walked down to where everybody was. Except, not everybody was there. Tae Kyung oppa and Seohyun were gone.

"Jeremy, where is Seohyun?" Yonghwa asked.

"Hm? Oh, she and hyung went for a walk. Don't worry they are still in the beach. Oh! They are coming this way." He pointed at the two who were walking up here.

"Thank you oppa, for walking with me. I promise I won't tell anybody your secret,"  Seohyun said quietly.

"No problem, I won't tell yours either," Tae Kyung oppa said and gave her a wink.

Seohyun laughed and sat next to Jeremy.

I wonder what that secret was, I turned to Yonghwa oppa who looked down at his feet. He sat down next to Seohyun and offered a seat next to him. I nodded and sat there.

Tae Kyung oppa looked at me a lot, but didn't say anything. Yonghwa was my distraction from him and I tried talking to him.

We stayed at the beach when we finished watching the sunset with each other.

While we were watching the sunset I looked at Yonghwa who was facing Seohyun. I didn't hear what he said, but it made Seohyun smile. He held onto her hand and nodded.

I took a glance at Tae Kyung oppa who looked at the ocean. He sighed and he accidently touched my hand.

"Oh sorry," he apologized.

I frowned and silently nodded and he said something else, "Sorry for being an idiot a while ago."

I was shocked by what he just said. I nodded and gave him a gently smile. He nodded and continued watching the sunset.

 

Hai there! Ahahaha, not too bad, right? The beach scene ends with an apology and some confusion. What the heck?
Let's see what made Seohyun smile next chapter and see what Yonghwa thought when he saw Tae Kyung and Seohyun together. LOL
Thanks so much for the 2000+ views and the comments.
Keep commenting and subscribe if you haven't! Thank you so much once again and <3 you guys! :)