Chapter 3

Being only friends can hurt, but being more than that, can hurt us more.

Seohyun’s POV

          Yonghwa oppa walked me home after we all got ice cream. We were just talking about the day and how it seems like Jeremy-ssi always gets what he wants. I started to laugh, but once I turned to Yonghwa oppa, he looked a little sad. I decided to lighten the mood by doing what we always do when it got suddenly quiet; I poked him. He looked at me and poked me back and gave me a small smile.

 “What’s wrong? Is it Mi Nyu again?” I asked.

He nodded yes and I sighed,
 “You really like her oppa, why don’t you say something?”

Yonghwa oppa is a very fun person and he is a very sweet guy, but when it came to love; he seemed so confused and helpless, like a dog lost in the rain. We started walking the same pace, side by side.

He put his hands in his pockets and sighed,
“I’m afraid Tae Kyung might like her. He is not his normal self when he is around her.”

Well, that’s true. Tae Kyung Hyung-ssi can usually keep his posture and is either calm or really angry when people make the smallest mistake. When he is with Mi Nyu unni, he can never keep his posture and his mood changes constantly…

I looked up at the orangey sky, then at my watch; 7:50 pm. I turned to Yonghwa oppa and found him looking at me, as if he was expecting me to have some kind of response.

I put my hand on his shoulder while we kept walking,
“Think positive thoughts, oppa. Have some hope.”

We reached my house after I just said that. I opened the gate and before I went inside I turned to Yonghwa oppa.
His head was down and he was kicking the ground. I smiled at the cute sight and I walked forward to him. He looked up and gave me a solemn smile.
I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.

After a few seconds, I broke the warm hug, brushed his hair through my fingers and said,
“If you really like her, stop being so distant and learn how to be more comfortable with her.”

His lonely eyes brightened and he nodded,
“ Okay, thanks Seohyun.”

I smiled,

~His mood can change a lot too~

He walked away and then he turned around to see me again and smiled. He waved goodbye and I waved back.

          I went inside my house, went straight to the kitchen, washed my hands and grabbed a bottle of water. I went to my bedroom. The small amount of light that was left from the day still made the lavender colored walls show. I the lights and threw my bag at the side of my bed and lay down. I looked around to see posters of my favorite bands and pictures of my friends and family. I noticed how many photos had Yonghwa oppa in them, maybe not by himself, but usually with me and him.

~This is the second time he has fallen in love. I hope he gets what he wants this time~

I remembered what happened last time he was in love; we were in our 2ndyear of high school and he really liked this girl named Andrea. She was from America, but her Korean was wonderful. After a few months of being really good friends with her, he finally got to ask her out.
She rejected him and told him she couldn’t because she liked someone else.
He was crushed, he seemed depressed for the next few weeks and he didn’t talk to me as often as he used too.

*Flashback*
 On a rainy spring day, I got the courage to go up to him and say something about the problem. She found him sitting on the bench in the rain, at the park near the high school without an umbrella.

~Good thing I have an umbrella! ~

I ran to him and became angry,
“Oppa! What are you doing here!? Do you want to get sick?”

I placed my blue umbrella above us and he looked up to see me. I saw his sad eyes and I couldn’t help, but start crying. He was so sad and helpless, I just couldn’t take it.

Yonghwa oppa noticed me starting to cry and he instantly stood up and hugged me under the umbrella,

“Don’t cry! Please, don’t cry. I am not worth crying for, don’t feel sorry for me! I can’t stand seeing you cry.”
He held me tighter and I dropped my umbrella, but we were too distracted to even notice.

I started to breath heavily, because I was choking on my sobs,
“Oppa…you…now know how I feel, when I see you sad. Please, that girl isn’t worth it! There is one girl I know that will never leave you, and you can trust her, okay?”

He loosened his grip, but was still holding onto my shoulders and looked at me with a confused face,
“Who is she?”

“Oppa,” I said, and I wiped my tears with my sleeves and continued, “That girl is me.”
And without having a hint of doubt, I embraced him again and he hugged me back.

“Seohyun, I…thank you. I don’t know what to do without you. Do you promise you will never leave me?”

I buried my face in his shoulder and nodded.

We stayed like that for a while, it felt as if we stayed like that for days, but really, it was just a few minutes.

*End of Flashback*


Ever since that day, we have never had fights, we were always helping each other and we couldn’t last a day without talking to each other because we always missed each other so much.

I laid down on my bed, looked up at the ceiling and my heart started to race. I put my hand over my heart and worried.

~ Why? Is my heart racing? ~

When I realized this was actually happening, I started to blush, but then grabbed a pillow and threw it across the room.

“GAH!!!! I AM UNBELIEVABLE! I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

“What’s wrong!? Seohyun! Are you in your room?” A voice hollered. Then I heard quick footsteps growing louder as it got closer.
My eyes widened and I face palmed myself,

~Crap, Jessica-unni is home. And she heard me! ~

Unni, without knocking, slammed the door open and panicked. I guess, I should tell her, besides; I can’t lie to my best friend.


Yonghwa's POV

After walking Seohyun home, I went straight to my dorm that Tae Kyung, Jeremy and Mi Nam live in. Without greeting anyone, I quietly went straight to my room and went to the bathroom. I looked down to the sink and held onto it and looked up to the bathroom mirror and saw my reflection and started to talk to myself,
"Seohyun is right, I need to become more comfortable with Mi Nyu or else she will never know my true feelings."

Then something came to my mind,
~What if I get so comfortable with Mi Nyu that, I won't have time with Seohyun. I like Mi Nyu a lot, but I don't want Seohyun to feel like she has been replaced. ~

Then I nodded my head no, I care about Seohyun, but why did this suddenly turn up. She is the one who told me I should do this.
Another thought came through my mind; I miss Seohyun.

I took out my phone and texted her,
"Hey Seohyun!"

I waited for her reply, but she didn't respond. I was confused,

~ Maybe she is taking a shower or something. I will check it out later.~

I sighed and took a hot shower and changed to some clean clothes and went straight to the kitchen. After a few minutes of searching, I found the one thing I was looking for; sweet potatoes.

I suddenly missed Seohyun again and my stomach also growled. I looked at the sweet potato and sighed,

~Seohyun...~


END OF CHAPTER 3 


Wow! Dramatic moment in this one! Yea, I know, it's all Seohyun and Yonghwa, but hey! We need some more back story with the two! LOL
I hope you liked that small Yongseo chapter (sort of, kind of...), I know it was bad, but I guess it's better than nothing. Oh yeah, and the Jessica I mentioned is the Jessica from SNSD. Don't worry, next chapter, should be better, because this one :P
Anyways! Thanks for reading! I hope you comment and subscribe. Advice, helpful hints and anything really, will be gladly accepted :)