Chapter 10

Being only friends can hurt, but being more than that, can hurt us more.

Yonghwa's POV

I had a lot of fun with Seohyun yesterday. We played around in the water, but the fun was interrupted when Jeremy had to call us. We found Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung hyung arguing. Hyung was being a cold person again and made Mi Nyu cry. I had to comfort her, she's a friend.

Wow, I just said she's a friend.

My brain wants to say Mi Nyu, but only Seohyun could make my heart beat fast. I want to deny this feeling. I don't want to fall in love with my best friend because I don't want to ruin our friendship. I tried to remove her from my dreams. I tried to control myself, but every time I tried, she was always in front of me and my heart wouldn't stop pounding against my chest as if it was going to burst open.

I don't know if Seohyun likes me or she only finds us as best friends. I found her walking with hyung and they were talking and walking side by side on the beach.

Then, they mentioned a secret. What is this secret? I wish I knew. After she sat down and started to eat, I sat next to her.

"Hey Seohyun," I greeted her.

"Hello oppa," She greeted me back.

"Seohyun, I have to ask-" I started, but I was cut off.

Jeremy started to jump around and shouted with glee,
"Guys! The sunset! Let's watch! Please!"

Seohyun smiled and agreed with Jeremy,
"C'mon guys!"

She sat up, cleaned off the sand from her pants and grabbed my hand.

I felt the electricity when we touched as she held my hand and led the way as went nearer to the ocean.

We sat down next to each other with Jeremy, Mi Nam, Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung hyung sitting at the other ends.

She was staring at the ocean and I took this oppurtunity to ask her,
"Seohyun, what was that secret that hyung and you shared?"

She turned her head and said,
"Well, it's a secret. I promised him I can't tell anybody."

"Well, how about yours? He said he won't share your secret. Do I already know this secret?" I asked.

"Hmm...I can't lie to you oppa, so no, you don't know this secret," she replied.

I became nervous and a little jealous. Why would she tell hyung a secret before telling me?

"Aww...tell me, please?" I begged.

She shook her head and I pouted, why won't she tell me?

She started to giggle and said,
"Oppa, I can't tell you, yet. When the time is right, I might just tell you."

"You promise? Pinky promise?" I asked and pulled out my pinky.

"I promise," she said and  we pinky promised.

We both smiled, knowing that pinky promising can be so childish, but we didn't care. We've been pinky promising ever since we were kids.

I placed my hand on her knee and she rested her head on my shoulder and continued watching the sunset.

If only we could do this more often.

The Next Day...

Seohyun's POV

I had practice with SNSD and I felt energized after the beach. Sure, there was an argument with Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung oppa, but it was nice to end the day with everybody smiling and enjoying themselves. But what I told Yonghwa oppa, I felt a little bit worried. I promised him I would tell him that secret yesterday. I told him that I will tell him some day, but when is someday? Tomorrow? Next week, next month? I have no clue.

"Seohyun, someone is here to see you!" Tiffany unni called out to me after practice.

"Oh, thank you unni," I bowed and went out of the practice room to find a guy leaning onto the wall and looking outside the practice room.

"Umm, hello?" I said and tapped the man on the shoulder.

He turned around, and smiled at me. He gave me a hug and I realized who this is.

It's Jin Sang ssi!

"Jin Sang ssi? Is it you?" I asked as I was being hugged by him.

"I can't believe you remembered! Seohyun, I miss you!" Jin Sang ssi exclaimed with joy and let go of her.

I haven't seen Kim Jin Sang since high school graduation, he left for America afterwards to study at a university that offered a scholarship for him. Jin Sang is a very a smart person and was always the best on the exams, with me being second.

"Ahaha, Jin Sang-ssi, I miss you! I am finished with practice, so why don't we go grab some coffee at CiCi's Cafe?" I offered.

"Okay, let's go!" Jin Sang agreed happily and dragged me outside the building.

Good thing I was already cleaned up and ready because I was tired and sweaty earlier from so much practice.

Jin Sang and I reached CiCi's Cafe and grabbed a table near the window where you can see the ocean. Ever since high school this place has been Jin Sang's favorite place, especially during the early morning because he would look at the scenery they had and think. Not many people went to the cafe early in the morning, so it was nice and quiet.

"So, what brings you back to Seoul?" I asked him after we ordered their drinks.

"Well, I am on Summer break, and I decided to visit my family and friends here," he replied.

"Oh, I see," Seohyun said and gave him a smile.

"I have seen you and Girl's Generation on the interent a lot. I see that you are successful, but I would have never suspected you getting into the entertainment industry. Do you like it?" he asked.

Before I could answer, a waiter came to our table,
"Here are your coffees, enjoy."

"Thank you," both Jin Sang and I said in unison.

"The waiter gave both of us a smile and walked off.

"Ahahaha, well, I really do like it. I am still in school though, so I have to balance school and performing," I said and took a sip of my coffee.

"Oh, you really are a smart girl and you don't want those smarts to go to waste. But you look tired because of it, even though you try to act like everything is fine. It must be stressful," he said and gave me a worried look.

I appreciated Jin Sang caring for me and I know it's stressful, but I manage anyways.

"I'm fine, Jin Sang ssi, but thank you for caring," I said and gave him a smile.

Brrrr...Brrrr...

I felt my phone vibrate. I checked my phone and saw the caller ID: Oppa.

"Oh, please wait a second Jin Sang ssi," I said.

Jin Sang nodded and quietly sipped his coffee.

Seohyun: Hello oppa
Yonghwa: Hey, where are you? I was going to pick you up after dance practice, but Tiffany told me you left with a guy. Who is it?
Seohyun: Ahaha, don't worry oppa, I am with Jin Sang ssi. Remember him, from high school?
Yonghwa: Yes...what is he doing here?
Seohyun: Oppa! Don't be so rude, meet us at CiCi's Cafe in 5 minutes. Okay?
Yonghwa: Ugh...fine, see you there.
Seohyun: Bye oppa!
Yonghwa: Laters.

~What is his problem? Why does he sound a grumpy?~

"Who's your oppa?" Jin Sang asked, and disrupted my thoughts.

"Oh, I was talking to Yonghwa oppa. Do you remember Jung Yonghwa? He was about 2 years ahead of our grade, but I always hung out with him," I said.

Jin Sang nodded and asked,
"Is he coming?"

I nodded yes and took a sip of my coffee.

"Cool," he said and smiled.

We started to talk about our memories at high school and what was college life like so far while we were waiting for Yonghwa oppa.

Thanks for the views, and comments. Also, thanks for subscribing to my story. I get really encouraged to keep going because of you guys! I love you all!
Thanks for everything <3