Valentine's Day

HimUp Family Drabbles

"I hate Valentine’s Day!" Youngjae shouted and ran onto the couch, slamming his face into the soft cushions.

Jongup walked behind his son with a giggling Junhong in his arms.

 "What’s wrong?”

"Nobody gave me chocolate…" Youngjae sniffed his face was still plastered onto the sofa.

"Was this before or after you put worms in all the kids’ desks?" Jongup asked as he sat down next to his son.

Junhong started to pull on Jongup’s shirt trying to get to his father’s hair.

"BEFORE!" Yougnaje yelled angrily, "They didn’t want my candy...now I have a stupid bag filled of unused cards….THEY DESERVE THOSE WORMS!"

"Nobody wanted your cards Youngjae?" Jongup asked his son again frowning.

They had spent a long time making those cards for his classmates. Youngjae was so excited to get chocolates too, it was his first year celebrating Valentine’s Day.

Youngjae shook his head, “Only my teacher gave me candy….nobody wanted to be my valentine….why does this day exist? It’s so dumb!”

"Youngjae—"

*KNOCK, KNOCK”

"Oh that’s gotta be Yongguk…." Jongup mumbled to himslef, "Hey Youngjae  don’t worry about Valentines Day, I bet you’ll find your valentine soon…"

Jongup smacked his son’s lightly before he got up with Junhong to get the door.

Youngjae just whined and curled up on the couch

"Hey Jongup! OH! HI ZELO!!" Yongguk smiled once Jongup opened the front door.

"Hi hyung!" Jongup smiled and Junhong giggled seeing Yongguk.

"I owe you guys big time." Yongguk laughed happily.

"Yeah you do, we had to cancel our reservations…" Jongup sighed.

Jongup had made reservations  at a hotel in Seoul but had to cancel them since Yongguk needed someone to take care of Daehyun while he was out with Jieun.

"I’m sorry! I promise I’ll make it up!" Yongguk pleaded.

"It’s cool, Himchan already has other plans for the summer, so be prepared to take care the kids for two weeks." Jongup smirked, missing Valentine’s Day turned out better than Jongup had thought it was going to be.

"Wait what?" Yongguk blinked confused.

"Yup! Himchan and I are going to Hawaii." Jongup grinned.

"But— Valentine’s Day is just a day…." Yongguk blinked.

"But it’s Valentines Day. Himchan’s favorite holiday…." Jongup smiled, "but don’t worry the kids are easy to take care of…well scratch that; Junhong is easy to take care of…Youngjae…well…..you’ll be fine!" Jongup laughed evilly and looked down at Daehyun who was hiding behind his father, "Hey Daehyun, Youngjae is inside come in don’t be shy!" Jongup told the younger boy.

"DAEHYUNNIE!?"

All four men heard Youngjae’s shout and soon the little boy was in sight.

"Hi!" Youngjae excitedly waved at the shy boy.

"Hmm…hi!" Daehyun mumbled shyly.

"Daehyun, don’t you have something to give Youngjae?" Yongguk asked his son.

Daehyun nodded shyly, he stepped away from his father, looking down he handed the red bag he was holding towards Youngjae, “here…”

Yougnjae blinked confused, “For me?”

Daehyun bit his lip and nodded furiously, “Happy Valentine’s Day Youngjae…”

Youngjae grabbed the bag slowly still in shock, “Daehyunnie…does that mean you want me to be your Valentine?” Youngjae stuttered nervously.

The older boy whipped his sweaty palms on his dirty grass-stained pants  just stared  at the now smiling Youngjae not knowing how to respond.

Youngjae ran up to Daehyun and hugged him tightly, “I do! I do! I want to be your Valentine Daehyunnie!”

Yongguk laughed at the adorable scene even though his son was nearly having a panic attack and Jongup just sighed in relief seeing his son happy again.

Youngjae pulled Daehyun in his house and led him to the couch in the living room.

Youngjae was a giggling mess when he opened his present which was a huge heart shape chocolate .

The chubby boy squealed in delight and smiled himself onto the boy who was fidgeting next to him, “OH MY——” Youngjae couldn’t finish his sentence since he was busy nuzzling the crook of Daehyun’s neck, making the older boy squirm more.

Finally Youngjae looked up at Daehyun, “THANK YOU! I love it! Thank you Daehyunie I LOVE YOU!” Youngjae jumbled his words, speaking quickly due to the excitement.

"Youngjae is a little….overbearing don’t you think?" Jongup chuckled nervously.

Yongguk grinned and shook his head, “Daehyun is just too shy.”

"I LOVE YOU!" Youngjae shouted as he kissed Daehyun’s cheek and hugged him tightly.

Daehyun yelped, once he was blasted  with millions of pecks on his face, his head felt DIZZYarrow-10x10.png and his vision started to get spotty.

"Daehyunnie I love—-DAEHYUNNIE!?" Youngjae shouted as the boy fell back onto the couch.

"DAEHYUNNIE!" Yougnjae shook the boy, "He fell asleep?"

Yongguk shook his head, “That kid needs to stop fainting every time Youngjae hugs him….”

"MR. BANG WHY IS THERE BLOOD ON DAEHYUNNIE’S NOSE?" Youngjae asked.

Yongguk busted up when he heard the little boy’s innocent question already knowing why Daehyun had a ‘bloody’ nose.

“Don’t worry about it Youngjae….hey Jongup see you tomorrow. Call me if you need anything. Bye Zelo.” 

Jongup waved away awkwardly, not knowing how to feel about the whole situation.

"Bye-Bye!" Junhong waved at Yongguk.

~~~~~

Himchan heaved a sigh as he plopped down on the couch. Jongup shifted closer.

“Finally they are asleep…” Jongup sighed.

HImchan nodded his eyes were half lidded due to the lack of sleep, “I just wish we could of gone out together… it’s Valentine’s Day.”

Jongup wrapped his arm around his lover, “Himchan, it doesn’t matter if we go out or not or if is Valentine’s Day, as long as we are together it will always be a special time for me.”

Himchan snickered and smacked his husband’s chest.

“Why do you have these insightful thoughts when I am trying to complain? Huh?”

Jongup shrugged lightly smiling along with his husband.

”I don’t know it’s just natural for me to try cheering you up when you feel down like how Spring warms up the world after Winter.” Jongup grinned seeing his husband playfully roll his eyes.

After a few playful punches and more cheesy lines the couple finally settled and decided on watching a movie.  Jongup had a hard time staying up, it was past midnight and Himchan was snuggled close to him. 

Jongup sighed and leaned his head onto Himchan. “That dude dies in the end, right?” 

"Shhh! Jongup just watch the movie!" Himchan poked his husband’s chest in a teasing way, "You’ll see what happens."

Jongup grinned mischievously, “How about you tell me what happens so we can go to the room and—”

"Jongup! The kid’s are like a room away! We can’t!" Himchan looked at the hallway that led to the room where the kids were asleep.

"We’ll just be quiet—"

"Like that will ever happen, Jongup you are loud." Himchan snickered.

"Hey!" Jongup lightly blushed, but quickly pinned his husband on the couch.

"Jongu—-" Jongup crashed his lips’ onto his husband’s soft plumps ones. 

Himchan moaned as Jongup nibbled along his bottom lip begging the older to allow him in. As their tongues coaxed noises out of the other, their hands began to roam, heading under shirts and under the back of pants. Jongup groaned as Himchan grabbed his and pulled his hips onto his own. 

Jongup pulled back so he could start nibbling on Himchan’s ear. “Still think this is a bad idea.”

Himchan moaned. “… Jongup… please just—”

"Mr.Moon." A soft voice called out.

Jongup and Himchan quickly pulled apart and tried to straightened out their wrinkly clothes.

Daehyun yawned as he walked to the couple, “Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon.”

Himchan chuckled nervously. “Daehyun it’s late, what’s wrong.”

"I’m hungry." Daehyun yawned loudly not noticing what was going on.

Jongup and Himchan just chuckled at the adorable boy. Himchan picked the boy up and sat him next to him, “Daehyunnie, would you like some cookies and milk?” Himchan asked sweetly.

Himchan ruffled the young boy’s hair before he walked to the kitchen.

Jongup drummed his finger on his thigh and looked at Daehyun, the shy boy looked away from Jongup, it was awkward. For Jongup he didn’t know how to act around the little boy, knowing that probably in the near future that same little boy would take his fluffy son away.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Youngjae groggily ran into the room, "Daehyunnie-hyung is gone!"

Deahyun poked his head from the arm rest, “I’m here…” Daehyun said shyly.

Yougnjae grinned sleepily and ran up to the couch to sat next to Daehyun, “What are we watching?” Youngjae looked at he TV, all his prior tiredness seem to melt away.

Daehyun avoiding all types of contact with the boy next to him just stared straight ahead hoping his food would come soon.

"Youngjae you are suppose to be sleeping…" Jongup reminded his son.

"Not without Daehyunnie!" Youngjae hugged the unsuspecting boy making him squeak.

Himchan walked in the room, “Youngjae  what are you doing up—never mind….” Himchan shook his head laughing lightly of how  clingy the young boy was with his friend.

"Youngjae  let poor Daehyunnie breath you are suffocating him." Himchan places the cookies and milk down on the coffee table.

The second Youngjae let go of Daehyun, the boy turned into a  'cookie monster' and munched all the cookies  before any of them could even tell the boy to SLOWarrow-10x10.png down.

Daehyun shyly looked at the Moons and bowed his head in shame.

“Thank you….” Daehyun mumbled.

Himchan picked up the embarrassed boy and sat him once again and sat him next to Youngjae who quickly snuggled up next to the boy and he took Daehyun’s hands into his chubby ones.

Once the movie was over the young boys were leaning onto each other snoozing.

HImchan’s face was plastered onto Jongup’s lap SNORINGarrow-10x10.png away.

Jongup lifted the controller and turned of the TV, he peered down at his arm watch it was 1:25 am.

Jongup lightly lifted his husband’s head and placed him on the couch. He went to the two boy, easily picked them up and tucked in Youngjae’s bed. Jongup frowned seeing he boys snuggled closer hugging each other in their sleep and placed a teddy bear between the two boys. He couldn’t let Youngjae grow up too fast. Jongup wasn’t sure how he felt about  Youngjae falling in love with Daehyun.  He was just afraid, he didn’t want this son to go through the hardships he had gone through.

Jongup lightly kissed the boy’s forehead and left the room.

Himchan was in the same spot he had left him, his face plastered on the sofa and his limbs sprawled all over the couch. Just like before, Jongup picked up his husband and led him to their shared room.

Delicately, Jongup placed his husband on the bed and  draped their blanket over him. Jongup leaned down and kissed his husband’s forehead. Himchan scrunched his face in disgust in his sleep and rolled on to his side.

Jongup chuckled and laid on the bed, he quickly snuggled next to his husband.

"Good night Channie, I love you." Jongup whispered as he nuzzled his face into Himchan’s back.