At the Hospital

HimUp Family Drabbles

The hospital is an eerie place. Full of death and despair. Jongup hated being there; he didn’t have any nice memories there. Nobody does. Hospitals are places most people don’t come out alive, well that was what Jongup believed and seeing his son on the pale white bed with tubes connecting to his tiny body made him feel sick.

Jongup blamed himself, he should have noticed the bite sooner. He was there, if only he had insisted his son answered his questions. If only Jongup had been made sure he was fine. 

Jongup sighed and looked at his husband who was on his lap who had fallen asleep a couple of minutes ago. Jongup lifted his wrist to look at his watch. It was currently 3:36 am in the morning and Jongup couldn’t sleep.

Himchan sturred his his sleep yearning for the warmth that the cold hospital room lacked. Jongup ran his hands through his husband’s black hair trying to sooth him in his sleep.

Himchan had, like they say, cried himself to sleep. He hated seeing his husband so torn.

They had almost lost their son since Youngjae had an allergic reaction to the bite.The doctor called  his allergic  reaction anaphyla-something along those words. Jongup didn’t understand much of what it really was. But the thing he understood was that it affected the lungs, which made Himchan and himself panic even more since their son was asthmatic as well.

Jongup closed his eyes, out of tiredness. He could hear the nurses rushing outside trying to check on their patients. He could hear Himchan’s low and even snores and the beeping of the machines that were connected to his son.

It was a long night and he just wanted to see his son smiling again, he preferred Youngjae kicking his shins a million times over than seeing him struggling to breath.

The car ride to the hospital was horrible he could still hear his husband chocked sobs as he held their son who could barely breath.

Jongup shook his head, he didn’t want to think of that. They were here now and Youngjae was recuperating.

Jongup wasn’t sure what time it was but his eyes felt heavy. He didn’t want to fall asleep, not until he was sure Youngjae was safe.

Soon snores engulfed the small white room and sun shone through the windows.

 Youngjae sturred in his sleep but felt something  poking his  left forearm. The boy lalzily opened his eyes and panicked noticing he wasn’t in his room.

“Daddy?” Youngjae chocked out since his mouth was dry making him cough.

Youngjae was about to cry from the sheer panic of not knowing where he was when he heard light snores from his right side. The little boy quickly turned and smiled when he saw his parents snoring. Daddy Chan was still on Daddy Uppie’s lap, but Daddy Uppie had his face plastered on the white bed.

Youngjae was about to reach for his dad but that was when he saw a plastic thing  connected to his forearm that was connected with a long tub. Youngjae curiously looked at it and poked it not knowing what it was. The area was sore, and Youngjae was in awe.

'Am I robot?’ Youngjae thought seeing that it was connected with a clear liquid.

‘Is that my robot food?’ Youngjae nodded to himself, ‘I knew it.’

His nose felt itchy and stuffed.

Youngjae was about to pick his nose when he crushed his stubby finger on more tubing.

Youngjae blinked confused now realizing there was tubing on his nose that released air, Yougnjae’s eyes grew wide and yanked the tubing off his face. He inspected the tube liking how the air tickled his fingers as he traced his chubby fingers along the two openings.

His chest started to hurt and breathing was difficult, the boy rubbed his aching chest.

“Daddy…” Youngjae called out again and this time Daddy Uppie moved a little.

“Daddy, wake up.” Youngjae reached out and pulled on his father’s hair.

“Hmmmm…..” Jongup mumbled, slowly opening his eyes.

“Daddy’s you’re not snorlax! Get up!

Jongup sprang up wide eyed, “YOUNGJAE?”

Youngjae clapped his hands giggling slightly but started to cough from the lack of air.

Jongup seeing the oxygen tubing was removed quickly placed it back on his nose’s nose.

“Daddy it is itchy!” Youngjae complained pouting.

Jongup smiled sweetly at his son, “Youngjae you need it to breathe.”

“Why?” Youngjae pouted more puckering his lips.

Jongup chuckled and ruffled his son’s hair, “Because Youngjae, you are sick and that will help you get better.”

“So I’m not a robot?” Youngjae sighed in disappointment.

“What?” Jongup scratched his head confused.

Himchan sturred and mummbled, “Jonguppie what time is it….”

“It’s time to get up! UP! UP! UP! UP!” Youngjae shouted loudly and cheerfully.

Much like Jongup Himchan sprang up nearly hitting Jongup in the process.

“My baby!” Himchan shouted and hugged his son tightly, “Don’t you ever do that again okay?”

Youngjae nodded enthusiastically, “Daddy I’m hungry.”

Himchan pecked his son “They will bring breakfast for you soon, let me get the doctor to check on you, okay?”

~~~~

“How are you feeling, Youngjae?” The doctor asked the blinking boy.

His parents were at his sides still worried for their son.

“Hungry.” Youngjae answered.

The doctor chuckled and nodded, “Haven’t had breakfast yet?”

The young boy shook his head and looked at his parents who gave him reassuring smiles.

The doctor smiled again and checked his vital signs, making sure everything was well. The doctor  took out blood from the plastic tub that was already connected to Youngjae arm. Everyone was shocked that the boy just looked curiously as the doctor pulled blood from a  needle.

Youngjae made no fuss just asked questions.

Jongup and Himchan sighed, knowing that Younjgae’s curiosity was a good thing as it was a bad thing. The boy was smart always asking questions about things he didn’t understand but also went out to find the things he was curious about like the huge spider.

Himchan held tightly on Jongup’s hand. He was relieved  that the doctor told them they could take Youngjae home in a couple of days.

Jongup pecked his husband cheek smiling at his disheveled husband, “You look beautiful Channie.”

Himchan eyed his husband, “Shut up Jongup. I look horrible,  I haven’t showered, I probably have horrible bags under my eyes and no make-up—-“

“And pimples!” Youngjae added.

Himchan screeched and ran to the bathroom connected to the room.

Youngjae giggled and clapped his hands.

“Your Daddy doesn’t have pimples Youngjae.” Jongup told his son.

“I know.” Youngjae grinned evilly.

‘There’s our Youngjae…” Jongup shook his head.

Himchan came glaring daggers at his son, “Youngjae lying is bad! Why did you say I had pimples?”

Youngjae shrugged and smiled like an angel, showing his prominent cheekbones.

“Moon Youngjae!” Himchan placed his hands on his hips.

Youngjae  titled his head cutely, “Yes Daddy?”

Himchan sighed and shook his head, his son was too cute , “Nothing Youngjae, just rest okay?”

Youngjae nodded fiddling his thumbs patiently, “Okay….” 

Himchan practically on his husband as he leaned all his weight on him. Jongup didn’t mind and wrapped his arms around him.

“I love you Channie,” Jongup kissed his husband.

Himchan smiled and looked at his husband, “I love yo—“

“Can I play outside already?” Youngjae asked ruining the cute moment.

~~~~~

“Look who is here?” Yongguk deep voice blasted in the small room.

Soon he appeared with Junhong in his hands, giggling excitedly as he saw his parents.

“Zelo had fun with us, he should sleep over more!” Yongguk said as he pass the boy to Himchan.

“Zelo? Who’s Zelo?” Himchan rose a brow.

“Oh, his name now is Zelo.” Yongguk smiled.

“No, it’s Junhong.” Himchan corrected.

“No, it’s Zelo, nam’ sayin?” Yongguk grinned.

“Nam’ sayin?” Junhong mimicked smiling.

Himchan screeched, “YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CHILD!”

Jieun came in the room with Daehyun holding her hand, and flowers in the other, shyly looking around the room.

Jongup smiled, “I like the nickname, that way Youngjae doesn’t stuggle saying Junhong.”

Himchan glared at his husband, “It’s not happening!”

“Jello?” Youngjae questioned not understanding why they were talking about food.

“See Youngjae likes it!” Yongguk grinned.

“No, I want Jello….strawberry flavor please!” Youngjae smiled.

“AH! HA!” Himchan pointed at Yongguk, “He just wants gelatin, your stupid nickname !"

“It ?” Youngjae questioned again, “What ? Mr. Bangs ?”

Jongup laughed, “Himchan stop teaching Youngjae bad things.”

Himchan glared at his husband, “Youngjae can say what he wants.”

“Then why can’t Zelo ?” Yongguk asked.

“Nam’ sayin!” Junhong giggled.

“NOOO!” Himchan smacked Yongguk. “That is the last time I let you take care of Junnie!”

Jieun walked by them, ignoring all the arguing, to the white bed where Youngjae laid, “Hi Youngjae how are you feeling?”

“Hungry!” Youngjae answered the pretty lady.

Jieun giggled, “Oh, we can bring you something.”

Youngjae grinned and nodded.

“Daehyunnie say hi.” Jieun pulled her son towards the bed.

“Hmmm…” Daehyun looked down at the yellow flowers he held on his tiny hand.

“Here!” Daehyun the flowers towards Youngjae.

Youngjae smiled showing his fluffy cheeks, “Pretty…”

Daehyun blushed and hid behind the flowers, “I….I hope…you get…..better…..soon.”

Youngjae scooted to the side, “Hyung sit with me!”

“Wh-at?” Daehyun flushed more.

“Oh! That’s a good idea!” Jieun giggled and picked up her boy and placed him next to Youngjae.

Daehyun fidgeted nervously and looked at the flowers he still was holding on.

Youngjae grinned, “Hyunggie~”

Daehyun slowly turned to face the cute boy next to him.

“We’re friends?” Youngjae asked a little nervous.

Daehyun dumfounded could only nodded.

“YAY!” Youngjae shouted and hugged his new friend, “I love you already hyunggie!”

Daehyun felt his face going redder and hotter and his vision started showing spots, he swore he could see stars.

"Daehyunnie~~" Youngjae cooed.

That was the last straw, Daehyun couldn’t handle the cute squishy boy.

*SMACK*

"Daehyunniee your heavy!" Youngjae whined trying to push the weight off him not realizing that the older boy had fainted.

"Daehyunnie?" Youngjae looked at the cute cinnamon colored boy  finally realizing that the boy was not awake

"Daddy, Daehyunnie is sleeping on me!" Youngjae said in confusion, "Does he think I’m a pillow?"


And here is another one!

Comment please! I would love to see your reactions also it lets me know how I am doing :)

Oh and if you have any resquests for this story visit the blog and put an ask and I'll try to write asap~