Little Bundle of Joy

HimUp Family Drabbles

 

 The cellphone’s blaring ringtone roused Yongguk from his deep slumber. He groaned when he realized it was his and mentally cursed at whoever it was waking him up one of his rare days off. His eyes were still closed as he removed one of his arms from around Jieun’s waist and patted the nightstand until his hand found the annoying disturbance. With half open eyes he glanced at the caller id before hitting the green button.

            “Kang?” Yongguk’s sleepy voice made him sound like he was ready to kill someone.

            “Of course, you would still be sleeping.” Kang sighed. “Look Bang, I know you retired from the rapper scene but you still have fans who watch your every move.”

            “Yeah, we’ve gone over this before when I switched to being the company’s main song producer. Why bring this up now?” Yongguk rubbed his tired eyes.

            “Did I not tell you that you had to be careful about posting things online?” Kang said irritably.

            “I’m sure you did, but I’m just too tired right now. Daehyun snuck into the fridge last night and grabbed more cake so he was up for hours.” Yongguk groaned as he remembered how hyper their sweet tooth child was.

            Jieun whined and shifted in her sleep. Yongguk slowly extracted himself from around her and sat on the edge of the bed. “Can you just tell me what this is about so I can go back to sleep?”

            “What this is about? Bang, are you really not concerned about the video you posted last night?” Kang asked astonished.

            Yongguk’s eyes shot open. “What video?”

            “What video? What video?! The one you shot last night! Why did you upload it?”

            “I didn’t upload anything last night.” Yongguk said a little louder than intended.

            “Baby, what’s wrong?” Jieun asked still half-asleep.

            Kang sighed. “Are you telling me that you accidentally uploaded that birthday video last night onto your instagram? This is even worse than I thought… I’ll be over in about a half hour to talk to you and Jieun.”

            Yongguk slowly dropped the phone to his side after Kang hung up.

            “Guk?” Jieun called again, noticing that something was wrong.

            Yongguk turned around slowly. “One of the videos we filmed last night got posted onto Instagram.”

            Jieun immediately was wide awake. “What?! Which one?! How did this happen?!”

            Yongguk shook his head slowly. “I… I don’t know.”

            Jieun exhaled and flattened her hair, sure she had bed hair. “Okay… okay we can handle this. Let’s first see which video it was.”

            “Already on it.” Yongguk said as he opened the application on his phone.

            He held the small screen up so both he and his wife could see.

            “Happy Birthday, Daehyun!” Jieun said smiling widely at the little boy. Daehyun was mesmerized by the candles on his cake.

            Jieun giggled and looked up at the person holding the camera. “He is adorable; you are filming this, right?”

            Yongguk’s deep laugh could be heard. “Yes, I am. Happy third birthday, Daehyun. Blow out the candles and make a wish!”

            Daehyun blinked up at his father in confusion. “Wif?”

            Jieun lovingly smiled down at her son. ”A wish. Think of something you want and then blow out the candles.” Jieun demonstrated the blowing part.

            Daehyun clapped his hands together as he smiled. “I want cake!”

            “So simple!” Yongguk said with a laugh in his voice. He moved positions so that he could be in the shot with his family. “Blow out the candles Daehyun!”

            Daehyun blew but nothing happened. He tried again and when still nothing happened. He pouted. “The candles hate me.”

            Jieun laughed. “Blow harder! Dad and I will help you too.”

            Daehyun closed his eyes inhaled deeply, puffing his cheeks out to their fullest capacity before once again trying to put out his candles. From the sides Yongguk and Jieun gently helped Daehyun extinguish the tiny flames. With a face almost turning blue, little Daehyun finally gasped for air and looked at his cake. Seeing smoke coming off the candles instead of fire, the toddler laughed and started clapping his hands.

            “Cake time! Cake time!”

            Yongguk laughed. “Is there anything else you think of besides cake, little man?”

            Daehyun grinned up at his papa. “No.”

            “Shoot, I forgot the plates. Watch him while I go grab them?” Jieun asked.

            “Of course. Oh, but first.” Yongguk used his free hand to lift his wife’s chin so he could press a loving kiss on her lips. “I love you, Bang Jieun.”

            Jieun chuckled. “I love you too, Bang Yongguk.”

            “I want cake!” Daehyun said before reaching his hand out towards the cake.

            “Oh, wait little man!” Yongguk reached out to stop the toddler.

            The video came to an end and the married couple sat there stunned.

            “That… that was so personal.” Jieun finally said. “How did that get out?”

            Yongguk wiped his face. “Daehyun was messing with my phone last night. He must have hit the buttons correctly. Here, look at the caption.”

            Jieun would have laughed at the random letters if it wasn’t for the situation they were in. “How much hate mail do you think we’ve gotten already?”

            Yongguk dropped his phone and the bed so he could pull his wife close. “No matter what happens, I love you and I won’t let it destroy us.”

            Jieun started softly crying onto Yongguk’s bare chest. “We were just about to sign Daehyun up for Preschool. What if the other kids pick on him now, or the teachers treat him differently because they know who you are?”

            Yongguk rubbed Jieun’s back and held her tightly as he shushed her. “We don’t know how bad it is yet. We can’t worry yet. Kang will be here and then we will talk about it.

            Jieun sniffled. “When is he coming over?”

            “He said he would be here in 30 minutes.” Jieun stilled in Yongguk’s arms. He frowned and pulled back so he could see her face. “What’s wrong?”

            “He’s going to be here in thirty minutes?! Less now since we’ve been talking. I only have 20 minutes to clean up and make the house not look like a disaster.” Jieun jumped off the bed and ran for the closet.

            “Honey, it isn’t that bad.” Yongguk tried to calm her down.

            Jieun poked her head out from the house and glared. “Did you clean up the cake Daehyun threw at the wall?”

            Yongguk immediately scrambled off the bed. He tried putting on his pajama pants as he ran towards the door. “Why in the world did that kid think I would be able to eat cake flying in the air?” Yongguk grumbled.

            “He’s your son!” Jieun called out.

            Yongguk smiled even as he looked upon the messy living room. “And not a day goes by I’m not happy to have him.”

            The married couple hustled around the house trying to clean things up the best they could before Kang got there. The entire time they tossed ideas back and forth about how they could fix the mess they had gotten themselves into. When the doorbell rang, the living room was put back together and both were dressed in casual clothes.

            Yongguk opened the door with a nervous smile. “Kang.”

            Kang sighed and walked inside. “Where are Jieun and Daehyun?”

            “Right here.” Jieun said walking into the room, holding a cranky toddler. “Sorry, he just now woke up.”

            Kang chuckled. “Don’t worry. Get him his food, and we can talk at the table.”

            “Can I get you anything to drink?” Yongguk offered politely as the two men sat down at the table.

            “No, I’m fine.” Kang laid out folders on the table and Yongguk gulped nervously. He looked over at Jieun who was walking over to the table with Daehyun on her hip and a plate with buttered toast in her free hand.

            “So,” Yongguk rubbed his hands together. “What was the damage?”

            Kang sighed. “What are your feelings on Daehyun being on a television show?”

            Jieun and Yongguk exchanged confused glances. “I’m sorry?” Jieun prompted.

            “Do you know how many offers we have had for your family to appear on tv?” Kang tapped the folders.

            “Wait? So, you aren’t here to tell us bad news?” Yongguk asked.

            “Fangirls aren’t going crazy over Yongguk kissing me?” Jieun asked skeptically.

            “What? No! Quite the opposite actually!” Kang laughed. “Did you think I was coming over to deliver bad news?”

            Yongguk slumped back in his chair. “Why didn’t you say so originally? You made it sound like a bad thing!”

            Kang laughed. “Go easy on me would you? I’ve been taking calls all morning asking about how real the video was. When I tell the producers it was an accident then they want you even more because of how perfect you guys look as a family.”

            “So the fans…” Jieun was shocked.

            “The fans love how amazing you both are as parents.” Kang smiled and opened a folder. “So, the CEO really thinks Yongguk and Daehyun should go on ‘Dad, Where Are We Going?’” Kang passed over the file.

            “Wow.” Yongguk looked at the offer. “I’m sorry, I still can’t believe that fans aren’t going crazy over our mistake.”

            Jieun peeked at the folder before wiping crumbs off of Daehyun’s face. “I’m not sure how I feel about Daehyun going on television.”

            Yongguk nodded in agreement before pushing the folder back. “I don’t think we should expose Daehyun to the celebrity world. Jieun and I want him to have a normal life.”

            “As much as possible.” Jieun added seeing that Kang was about to tell them, normal would be impossible for the son of the superstar couple.

            Kang hummed as he flipped through the folders. “How about this commercial at least? It’s to promote family time.”

            Yongguk held the folder up so both he and Jieun could read it. “This one doesn’t sound so bad.”

            “No it doesn’t…” Jieun bit her lip in thought.

            Kang smiled. “Why don’t you both take the day to think it over?”

            “Leaving already?” Jieun asked in surprise as Kang stood up.

            “Yeah, there is a new band debuting soon so I need to look after them. Ah, Yongguk how is their debut song coming along?”

            “Should be done soon.” Yongguk said smiling. Yongguk’s phone vibrated and he smiled apologetically as he answered. “Hello?”

            “HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STEAL MY DAY AWAY FROM ME!” Yongguk flinched in pain from his best friend’s voice.

            Jieun laughed as she rolled her eyes. “I’ll see you out, Kang.”

            He laughed. “Thank you, I’ll see you later Bang.”

            Yongguk waved and slowly brought the phone back to his ear. “How did I steal your day, Himchan?”

            “Today is the day Jongup and I go to pick up our two boys, yet you just so happen to release an adorable family video.” Himchan mocked. “Are you trying to one-up me?! Soon Jongup and I will be making our own videos!”

            Yongguk’s lips twitched into a smile. “But not many people will care since you weren’t an idol.”

            Himchan screeched. “My videos will be so cute that my children will be more famous than yours!”

            Yongguk laughed. “You can try, but my Daehyun is going to be in a commercial.”

            Himchan gasped. “That’s cheating.”

            “You might as well not even compete.” Yongguk’s smile faltered when he heard Himchan tell Jongup he would be out in a minute and then silence. “Himchan, are you okay?”

            “We just got to the orphanage…”

            “Then why are you still on the phone with me?” Yongguk chuckled.

            “What if… what if I’m not a good father? What if they don’t like me?” Himchan said slowly let his insecurities show.

            Yongguk sighed. “Himchan, you are the most caring and loving man I know. You are going to be an amazing father.”

            “You really think so?” Himchan asked nervously.

            “Yes, but never as amazing as me because I’m already known as the greatest dad after that video from last night.”

            “Bang Yongguk!” Himchan shouted.

            Yongguk laughed. “Relax. I’ll talk to you later!”

            “Did you tell Himchan that we were taking the commercial?” Jieun smirked as she sat back down between Yongguk and Daehyun.

            Yongguk smiled as he stood up to walk over to his family. “Maybe, but that doesn’t mean we have to.”

            “I think it might be a good idea and you can brag about it to Himchan later.” Jieun cleaned Daehyun’s face again.

            Yongguk chuckled. “Have I ever told you how much I love you?”

            Jieun pretended to think about it. “I think so.. but you can always remind me.”

            Yongguk kissed her lips gently before smiling at her. “I love you Jieun, more than words can describe, but oh how I’ve tried. I would give up everything and do anything just to see you smile, and nothing will ever change that.”


SimplyStrange wrote this one since and made it fit into

my HimUp Drabbles world lol THANK YOU SENPAI! <3

These are all asks ppl have asked me in  Tumblr  so visit our blog

and ask for more ->http://bapficsforlife.tumblr.com

COMMENTS ARE  LIKE COOKIES FOR ME ! COMMENT AWAY!