.05

Sister
 
 
 
Kyungsoo's already-too-big eyes widened even more.
 
The van broke out in panicked chattering, with Kris and Suho trying to keep the situation under control but ultimately failing. Tao seemed like he was going to burst out in tears any moment and Lay was as pale as a sheet.
 
"KEEP QUIET!" Suho had had enough of us not listening to him and shouted as loud as he possibly could. We all froze in our spots, not daring to make a move and certainly, not daring to say a single word.
 
"It's late now, the hotels in Bucheon don't accept walk-in customers at such a late time. Basically we're going to end up being street hobos for the next three nights until someone comes up with a better idea." Kris explained the situation in his calmest voice possible, not wanting to add fuel to the flame.
 
I saw my brother leaning towards me in my peripheral vision. "Haewon, do you want to offer them a better plan? I think I have one?" I got totally confused for a moment, before saying "a-are you actually suggesting that they-" 
 
Baekhyun cut me off before I could finish my sentence. "Suho hyung, Haewon and I will lend you guys our house for the night." Wait, what? How could twelve guys, one girl and one manager squeeze into a three room house for the night? Baekhyun had gone totally bonkers. 
 
I didn't have the heart to oppose once I saw the look on the guys' face. A look of hope, delightment, and most of all joy. Sighing, I told myself, /it's only for a night.
 
{ B A E K H Y U N ' S  P O V } 
I unlocked the door with Haewon's key and realised that the house was pitch black. Where were our parents? I wanted to meet them even though they probably didn't want to meet me. As if reading my thoughts, Haewon whispered, "They're out on a short notice business trip, to London." My heart sunk. I probably wouldn't see them for a long time, maybe until Chuseok. We weren't given off days very often.
 
Haewon switched on the main light and the guys behind me groaned as the light reached their eyes. We sat down in the living room before deciding that Haewon would sleep in her own room, the guys would share my room and my parents room and manager hyung would sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. I lead Luhan, Tao, Sehun, Xiumin, Kai and Kris to my parents room, placing my hand on the doorknob while asking Sehun if he was hungry. I didn't hear his reply. My attention was all focused in the doorknob which wouldn't budge no matter how I pushed and turned it. . Literally. We're in deep .
 
Someone please tell me how twelve people squeeze in a small room.
 
{ Y O U R  P O V } 
"Uh, I guess I'll lend my room to the guys too," you said softly, since you weren't very comfortable being around so many guys but there was no other choice.  Baekhyun didn't hesitate to say something, as usual. "Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Xiumin, Kris, Tao, Suho, you guys sleep in my room. The rest of you sleep with me and Haewon in her room." Oh my god, that sounded so wrong.
 
You hurried to the kitchen to cook up a huge pot of instant noodles for dinner. The house probably had a hundred packets lying around since you liked to cook ramen for yourself when your parents were not home. Or maybe you were just lazy to walk to the restaurant nearby. Probably the second option. You had to cook at least ten packets to satisfy all of their hunger so you definitely needed a big pot. A really big one.
 
The guys were changing into more comfortable clothes that they had brought along in their bags while you tried to find the biggest pot you could. You filled it up with water from the sink but struggled to carry it up with the stove since there was at least three litres of water in there. Just as the pot was about to fall from your hands, a pair of sturdy arms grabbed them and helped you put in on the stove.
 
You smiled gratefully at the boy for helping you, and since he had already changed out from his stage clothes, he agreed to help you with the rest of the cooking. You grabbed four different flavours from the cabinet, which was close to overflowing with instant noodle packets.
 
"Spicy mushroom, chicken, seafood or curry?"
"Luhan hyung is allergic to seafood, so I guess we'll cross that off the list. Kai really can't take spicy food so no spicy mushroom or curry."
"I guess that leaves us with chicken."
A smirk shot up his face, before leaning in close to me, our face just inches away.

"Or should we make Kai suffer?"
You understood his plan, a similar smirk creeping up your face as you proceeded to open ten packets of spicy mushroom noodles and even chopped up some red chilis for an enhanced effect. 
 
"That sounds like a great idea."
 
 
The soup was a saturated red colour, with the hot smell of curry wafting through the house. Baekhyun walked towards the kitchen, and he immediately knew the plan when he saw both of your faces. "Well, well, Haewon. I can certainly smell mischief brewing in that pot of yours."
 
"I think the noodles are done."
"Oh my god, that is a lot of noodles."
"Should I call my friend over to share? She lives a few blocks away."
"Why not?"

 
You rushed over to the dining table, and called Eunji. You explained to her that you kinda had a little "problem", and you needed her help. She was a big eater so you knew she would be able to help finish the noodles. Just moments later, you heard the bell ring and knew she had already arrived. Wow, that was fast. She must've riden her bike here.
 
"Your house smells great." She could smell the strong aroma of the spicy noodles, and her stomach growled in anticipation just thinking of putting those glorious noodles into her stomach. Ahh, delicious.
 
{ E U N J I ' S  P O V }
I noticed that there were many black bags strewn all over Haewon's house. I counted in my head - twelve. Did...EXO come over or something? Why would they? I'm sure they have some VIP suite all to themselves at a five star hotel. They wouldn't want to all squeeze in some small house, right?
 
Wrong.
 
I saw the backview of a guy walking out of the bathroom, his hair wet and messy, but messy in a y sort of way. His blue and white striped towel was hung lazily over his neck. He was obviously an EXO member, the way he was wearing a hoodie with the word 'EXO' in white bold text in front. The back view read something different, though. Luhan.
 
I  mentally slapped myself. What are you thinking, Park Eunji? 
 
He didn't notice me but instead walked straight into Haewon's room. Oh ho ho, so they're on roomate terms now?
 
"What are they doing at your house? You owe me an explanation, Byun Haewon." I hissed at Haewon. EXO definitely wasn't in the package when she called me over for free noodles.She looked at me awkwardly, not quite knowing how to explain. "They had some problems with the hotel I think. Apparently the hotel didn't book them in so... here they are."
 
I heard a guy's loud and deep voice. "Dinner is ready!"
 
I helped Haewon get bowls and chopsticks to lay the table. I noticed she only prepared thirteen bowls - was she not eating or something? I didn't inquire further but just helped to lay the table. She must have her own reasons. 
 
The EXO guys started sitting down at the table, some using their phones but most of them chatting. Loudly. Really loudly. Apparently, all of them had found out who I was (presumably from either Baekhyun or Haewon) and greeted me. One person wasn't at the table yet, and I could hear the noises of the shower water hitting the floor. He must be bathing. As if Haewon could read my thoughts, she explained, "the one bathing is Kai. We've prepared his favourite meal."
 
I picked up the sarcasm in her tone and took out my phone to record his reaction when he found out that spicy noodles were for dinner. Won't he be delighted? 
 
The bathroom door unlocked with a click anf I could see this 'Kai' guy coming out, his head wrapped in a towel and he seemed to be dancing along to some imaginary music. 
 
Showtime.
 
Kai gagged when he smelt the noodles. He grabbed the towel off his head and immediately used it to cover his nose. "Hyung! You know I don't like spicy noodles!"
 
Baekhyun corrected him. "Kai dear, its not that you dislike them. You can't even eat spicy food."
 
Kai turned redder than he already had. The whole table was in fits of laughter upon seeing his reaction. Kai pouted cutely, before stomping off like a five-year-old to Baekhyun's room. Aw, no wonder Hwayoung likes him so much. He's so cute.
 
Park Eunji has officially gone crazy.
I must be hallucinating.
 
"So, who's genius idea was this?" The cute/y guy/Luhan asked. 
"Who else's? It runs in the blood, you know," Baekhyun said, earning a smack on his head from Suho.
"Fine, fine, I'll tell." 
 
"Of course, Haewon and Chanyeol."