.01

Sister

 

I wake up to an empty house, as usual. My parents are always gone so early in the morning, and they come back so late at night , I barely see them except on weekends. My brother's either on tour or too lazy to come home. I'm pretty sure he sleeps in the dorm eighty percent of the time. Make that ninety. It's like I'm living with ghosts sometimes.

I take out my phone and text my best friend. Eunji. Probably the only sane girl in my school besides me who's not all gaga over EXO. Don't get me wrong, I love EXO. I mean, why wouldn't I? My brother's in it and there are eleven other hot-as-hell guys. I just control my inner fangirl well, you know? 

We've been best friends since the fourth grade, when she scolded my brother for leaving his socks on the floor. My brother's four years my senior, and even I wouldn't dare to scold him. Eunji's got guts and she's a clean freak. Her desk is the literally the neatest thing in the world, while mine? Looks like a terrible replica of Mount Fuji. She's the only one who wants to actually be my friend because of who I am, and not because of my brother. 

I walk into school, my shoulders drooped. It's a Monday. The "seagulls" surround me, all chattering loudly and boisterously at once. I can't hear a thing.

"Can I get Baekhyun's autograph?"
"When will he next be home?"

Seriously. What's wrong with all of you, why can't you just leave me alone for once. God, I really hate my brother at times like this. He should just hold a meet and greet session at my school and satisfy the "seagulls" so they won't bother me at school anymore. 

I finally free myself from the crowd and see Eunji using her phone whilst opening her locker at the same time. Well, she's not really opening her locker. Her hand's on the lock randomly twisting and turning it but all her attention's on her phone.

I watch her curiously as I walk towards her. She seemed to shrug a few times before actually turning her attention back to the locker and opening it.

"You know, Eunji, you should really stop staring at your phone all the time but instead help me from the seagulls."
"Good morning to you too, Miss Byun Haewon."

I roll my eyes mockingly at her sarcasm before turning back the topic to what I was curious about.

"Sooooooo, what were you looking at on your phone just now?"
"EXO's having a new tour. Concept's to visit their hometowns. You know that the seagulls will definitely go crazy." 
"Definitely. I can't even imagine what school will be like when they leave."
"Aww, all the seagulls will be after you again, won't they?"

By lunch time, everyone had heard about EXO's new hometown tour. The cafeteria was filled with animated chattering, and not-so-soft whispering about me. I heard the things they said; it wasn't nice. The truth was, I just wanted to see my brother for the first time in a month or more since I was really close to him before pre-debut but rarely got to talk to him now.

"When's the tour?" The popular mean girl, or simply, , Hwayoung was crazy over EXO, especially Kai. Her group of friends shared her obsession and one of them, Minhye, was self-proclaimed "Baekhyun's wifey". I knew my brother well enough to know he'd never fall for a girl like her.

"It starts...." Minhye was scrolling through her phone, trying to find the information that her leader requested. "This Friday."

That soon, on such a short notice? I'll have to call my brother up tonight and ask him if there's some kind of hidden plan in this. I'm sure there is. SM wouldn't be so careless with them.  Unless there's a very special reason for this very special tour.