CHAPTER TWO

Piano Keys and Paint Brushes

NOT ANOTHER ENCOUNTER


NEXT DAY

Seulmi and Hyerin were in the classroom, sitting by the open door.

“SO! How’d practice go yesterday?” Seulmi tried to start with Hyerin.

Hyerin was dazed. She stared off to nothing, without even acknowledging Seulmi.

“Hellooo? Earth to Hyerin? Is anybody there?” Seulmi knocked on Hyerin’s head.

“Ah Ah!”

“Finally! She responded, ladies and gentlemen!” Seulmi announced.

“Psh, that hurt.”

“Well? What happened yesterday?” Seulmi once again inquired.

“Huh? Oh. Well I practiced.” Hyerin replied absently.

“No, I mean WHAT happened. I can totally sense that you’re hiding something.”

Hyerin blinked quickly and started to worry.

“What?! What are you talking about? I just practiced in the music room. That’s all.”

Seulmi glared at her and turned her back on Hyerin.

“If you’re not going to tell me, then you can forget that we were even friends.” Seulmi threatened.

Seulmi likes to be dramatic sometimes. She likes to have fun with Hyerin when she felt like it.

“Ugh, do you know a guy named Baekhyun?” Hyerin went out and asked.

“Huh? Why? Did you guys meet? Does he like you? Why don’t you ever tell me these things?!”

Hyerin raised an eyebrow and shook her head.

“You know that’s not true. Now, do you? Or don’t you?” Hyerin asked again.

“Hm, he’s the guy everyone’s been talking about. There’s word that he’s in training for an official debut. The girls have done nothing but swoon over him and his good-looking giant of a friend.”

“That’s a lot to take in.” Hyerin blinked.

“So why bring him up?” Seulmi asked.

Hyerin took a deep breath and said, “He heard me singing in the music room yesterday.”

“NO IN’ WAY!”

Hyerin tried to cover Seulmi’s mouth but when she let go, her jaw just hung open.

“Did he get your name?!” Seulmi was instantly excited.

“What? No! I ran away from him.”

“Ahh, so you’re doing this Cinderella type on him huh?”

“Tch, what are you talking about? You know I don’t do well with other people! Let alone with a guy.” Hyerin rested her chin on the palm of her hand.

“So, what are you planning to do? What if he finds you out?”

“Huh? What are you even talking about? Why on earth would he even be looking for the girl he heard singing in the music room?” Hyerin raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t know! Some sort of spur of the moment thing?” Seulmi shrugged.

“Khh, impossible.”

“Hm, whatever.” Seulmi rolled her eyes but something else came to her mind.

“Before we go deeper on this pressing issue, what exactly did he hear you sing?”

“Crap, I knew she’d figure it out.”

“Oh, uh the usual song.” Hyerin tried to deny.

“Hm, what usual song is this you speak of, Hyerin?” Seulmi kept trying to squeeze the answer.

“I-it’s nothing special actually, just my practice song.”

“Hm, what practice song is that, Hyerin?”

“Uh, psh, ugh, ha! Come on.”

“No, I’m serious. What?” Seulmi smiled.

Her smile was so scary and unnatural.

Hyerin took a deep breath and let out the answer.

“Heaven by Ailee.” And she covered her head.

“YAH! You little—“ then Seulmi started whacking Hyerin’s head over and over.

“How could you?! Ugh, you totally sang one of my favorite songs without even telling me!” Seulmi argued.

“Ah! Please stop Seulmi-ah! You’ve heard me sing countless times!” Hyerin was still shielding herself.

“Yeah! But that was totally different!”

Seulmi finally ended the torture.

Poor Hyerin was fixing herself after the row.

Meanwhile

BAEKHYUN’S POV

“What was that girl’s name? Why can’t I get her voice out of my head?” I kept scratching on my already messy hair.

Then wham.

Someone had hit me on the head.

“Dude! What happened yesterday! You didn’t even get me my fish cake!” it was my best friend, Chanyeol.

“What is wrong with you, Yeol!” he gestured hitting his head too.

“I’m just saying. Where were you?”

They both walked towards the campus.

“I told you, I was in the music room to get my sheets.”

“Then?”

“I heard this girl. She was singing.”

“Hyung! Was it a ghost? Was it the ghost girl of the campus! The one they said that committed suicide?!” Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he held my shoulder.

“Anniya!” I shrugged Chanyeol’s hand from his shoulder.

“Oh. Then who was it?” Chanyeol switched right back to normal.

“That’s just it. I don’t know.”

“Why didn’t you ask her? Or was it that what you really heard was the ghost girl?!”

After a whack in Chanyeol’s head…

“No, dude. She ran away from me when YOU called me up about your stupid fish cake. And what is it about you and that campus legend!?”

We were now walking through the corridors of the school onto their next class.

“Bummer. You must’ve scared her away with your face.” Chanyeol said.

“Aiish. What makes you think YOUR face is any better huh?!” I wrestled with my extremely tall best friend.

NARRATOR

Just then, as they were wrestling/walking through the halls, they happened to pass by where Hyerin and Seulmi were.

“Ah! Ah! Ah! Sheesh! Stop it already, Baek!”

Seulmi noticed the two guys rough-housing. “Ooh look! There’s Prince Charming!” she force-turned Hyerin’s head.

“Psh. Come on, we’re gonna be late.” Baekhyun muttered as they were in sight.

“You’re the one causing the delay.” Chanyeol made a face.

“Aah~ How cute.” Seulmi said.

“Tch, whatever Seulmi.” Hyerin rolled her eyes but sneaked a peek of the adorable guy trying to wrestle with who looked like the tallest guy in school.

LATER THAT DAY

“So! Are you going to practice again?” Seulmi hopped next to Hyerin.

“Hm, I guess so. I have to be ready for the school festival. The one you so forcefully dragged me into.” Hyerin tilted her head to Seulmi.

“Haha~ Of course! Hey, you mind if I came with you? I really don’t have anything else planned.”

“Sure.”

They walked through the same way Hyerin did the other way onto the music room.

“You know, I really don’t get the concept of getting your hair dyed. I mean it’s like changing the natural color of your hair just for the fun of it! Do people even think about what it does to their hair It’s li—“ Seulmi was cut off from her monologue because Hyerin had slapped her hand over Seulmi’s mouth.

“What are you doing?!” Seulmi muffled over Hyerin’s hand.

Hyerin dragged Seulmi by the corner, motioned for her to keep quiet and pointed at the two guys who were curiously walking about the music room.

Seulmi’s eyes widened as they stared at the two of them who looked like they were waiting for something or someone.


Okay, that's it for the day. Thank you to the initial subscibers! You guys rock! :D (Ikaw, you know who you are... Tae ka.. Umayos ka talaga...) Anyway, ENJOY/SUBSCRIBE/LEAVE A COMMENT!