# song + mv review // badkiz - babomba

# le kpop song reviews // AND PROBABLY SPAZZES

badkiz - babomba

 

 

   is this a joke? t-ara much?

    song :

    —    lyrics and melody : what. what the heck. like. like 60% of the three-minute-and-a-half song was " babomba bomba ", what? and it probably doesn't even mean anything, what on earth can it mean anyway? shucks the whole song sounded so t-ara, it resembles number nine so much ftlog, or was countryside life? idc i smell plagiarism in the air and don't hit me it's my personal opinion.

    —    vocals : no high notes, zero special singing skills, boy i'm so surprised *note sarcasm*. there isn't anything i can say about the vocals when the girls are babomba-ing the whole time, and they sounded like screeching during babomba-ing together. i'm sorry i just can't get myself to stand the chorus, no wait, like the whole song was the chorus, oh and there were so little individual parts within the song. and should i talk about the male voices babomba-ing, too? they filled up 20% of the remaining 30% ugh.

    —    rap : rap? did anyone say rap? all i heard was chants ( refer to 0:49 pls ) lol

    —    choreography : ha the choreograhy. so many hair-swishings, feeling dizzy, girls? i do admit that it is smth new and challenging in the industry, but what. they look like total lunatics doing that. i get that idols/groups nowadays especially the rookie ones are trying to seek the major attention but no, not like this, it disgusts me to see such talented girls dance something so amateur aka stupid and eww ( is even eww an adj. ). sure the whole song may sound wacky and all that, but the whole choreography ruins the mv i'm sorry.

    —    concept : idek what concept the girls had. they're sometimes badass whipped cream slappers then cheerleaders then segway schoolgirls in the subway. y? refreshing? diss-y? wacky? so confused rn. this whole unknown concept feels like they're trying to be the second gangnam style or bar bar bar, sorry but no, you're not even on the lim chang jung level.

 

    mv :

    —    members : tbh they look quite old, my eyes couldn't believe my laptop screen that they just debuted in march. another thing, there were these individual scenes of each member, first with them holding up boards with their names and then ones with a plain-colored bg, were they filtered or smth? they look especially yellowish there.

    —    storyline and setting : whipped cream slappers srsly. i don't get the whole mv. idk why are they slapping the men. idk why are they using whipped cream, too. wouldn't a baseball or smth be better? the message i got from the mv was, the girls are slapping the men with whipped cream bc the men are discriminating against ugly women, for example the fat lady on the bench. i really don't understand this, am i too dumb or what. or were the slapped men erts? 

 

    overall :

    the ' gangname style or bar bar bar wannabes ' scare me a lot. like they are working so hard to be the second psy and rise to fame in an instant just like him. no. no. no. and no. stop dreaming and produce something better alright mr. songwriter or whatever. okay this might be a bit more unique the general kpop flow but i swear this looked more like a funny parody than an official comeback mv.

 

    rating : sorry but 4/10.

 

first review on a song + mv i disliked, sorry if i bashed too much. oh and requests are opennnnnn.