# song + mv review // spica.s - give your love

# le kpop song reviews // AND PROBABLY SPAZZES

spica.s - give your love

 

 

    so y office ladies eh?

    song :

    —    lyrics and melody :  i swear the " shubirabirababa " was the sole reason why i decided to review this song, okay well maybe i liked spica too but anyways, it's really brainwashing and it was the only thing i could think of last night. it may not totally original but how the lyricst used it in chorus is op y'know, im pretty sure that im not the only one that got brainwashed. spica ftw!

    —    vocals : speaking of the vocals and their singing ability, they won't be as good as boa's and i wouldn't call them powerhouses or smth like that, but their voices do have their own distinguuishing features, a bonus for juhyun singing at around 0:45-ish, i've seen some comments saying that juhyun shouldn't sing and stick to rapping, but hey, she sung her line quite well, i have no idea who in the right mind would bash her singing, it's really good. well too bad this ain't a group song bc it would come out really well if boa had participated, well let's hope they'll make a group ver. and congrats on boa's solo project soon :-)

    —    rap : again, juhyun's rap are awesome. did i ever mention that her voice is somehow different from those female rappers out there? her voice is powerful but soothing at the same time, then again not squeaky like the others, it's a bit husky which is daebak for a rapper.

    —    choreography : idk if i should put this category under 'song' or 'mv' but whatever. frankly speaking i didn't find the choreography special or even outstanding, kpop choreography these days are getting cliche and plain, girlgroups shaking their like there's no tmr and boygroups going the hiphop way, it's the trend i know but it's getting boring to see so similar choreography.

    —    concept : so the y concept again, not that i don't like it, in fact i find the y concept suiting the girls very well, the 'tonight' concept was nice but i prefer this over that. well the bras and lingerie may seem a bit disturbing but as for me, they outline the girls' pretty figure really well and it brings out another effect apart from just trying to get attention like all other girlgroups which go the y way. now let's not forget their long and so slim legs urgh so jelly. i personally loved that scene yep just saying.

 

    mv :

    —    members : every single spica member has the talents, jiwon, juhyun, bohyung, boa and narae, they all possess their own special talents to sing, rap or dance. oh wait and check out the beginning of the mv #swaggggggggggggggggg. the four yeojas posing there like they rule over we peasants omg too good /le spazzes/ wow and about bohyung, at first i couldn't recognize her, idk why but i just couldn't. forgive me that i can only distinguish boa, jiwon and juhyun, but still, it took me quite a long time to find bohyung. there were these scenes where bohyung was sitting on the table with her legs crossed, what first crossed my mind was : woah what is park bom doing here lol.

    —    storyline and setting : getting tired of box mvs seriously thanks to good old sm. i get that small companies will have to use studios to save the expenses but it's really getting on my nerve. about the office setting, it's just an okay for me, there was no storyline just pure dancing i really don't know what to focus on while watching the mv. sure the girls look stunning but really. and the only thing that caught my eye apart from the beginning scene was juhyun leaning on the photocopy machine. like what?

 

    overall :

    i had no idea that spica was debuting a sub-unit until i checked allkpop ( call me lame bc i find allkpop quite nice when most hate it. okay er back to the review ). frankly speaking i was pretty surprised to hear that boa wasn't part of the sub-unit, i really expected to hear her powerful vocals with juhyun's powerful rapping, which is a freaking awesome combination that you wouldn't be tired of. and the song's quite short i would say, only a mere three-minute song is too short for kpop nowadays, even i, myself expects at least a three-minute-and-a-half song from artists.

 

    rating : 7/10? idk. 

 

so my first review's done feel free to bash rlly. requests are open in comments.