Four

Longing

            Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, and Chen played fetching the freesbee while Lay, Xiumin, Kyungsoo, and Luhan taking a lot of photos of themselves with the lake as the background. They looked so happy and they even did not realize that TaoHun were not with them.

            “Yah! Throw it right, can you?” asked Chen in annoyance at Chanyeol who stuck out his tongue at him nonchalantly. He pouted to see the rapper’s response then took the freesbee. “Try to take it, Kai yah!” he said then threw it.

            Baekhyun, Kai, and Chanyeol were amazed with Chen’s skill. The freesbee was flying so high in the sky then landed on the ground, which was quite far from them.

            “Hyung, you shouldn’t throw it that far!” grumbled Kai who should take the fetch back. He walked to the fetch and when he was about to go back to the others, his eyes stopped at the people who looked familiar standing under the tree. Are they Tao hyung and Sehun and… wait! I’m not dreaming, am I? He rubbed his eyes quite hard and he even pinched his hand to make sure that he was not dreaming. He winched in pain. This is real! Instead of going back, Kai went to the place where TaoHun and Kris were.

            “What’s wrong with that guy?” asked Baekhyun who saw Kai walked to somewhere. He looked at the place Kai went and his eyes widened to find the familiar people there. “Gosh! Is that Kris hyung?!” shouted Baekhyun.

            “Kris hyung? Where?” asked Chen then he followed Baekhyun’s index finger, which was pointing at a direction. His mouth was agape when he saw Kris hugging the crying Tao. “What did he do to our panda?!”

            “Guys, we better go there now and check what’s happened,” said Chanyeol. “And remember to show you best attitude, okay? Chenie, can you call Luhan hyung, Lay hyung, Xiumin hyung, and Kyungsoo to get along with us?”

            Chen nodded then left Chanyeol and Baekhyun alone then both of them walked toward HunTaoRis’s place. Baekhyun frowned at Chanyeol as they walked side by side. “Yeol ah, you sounded so different when you asked Chenie to do your command,” he said.

            Chanyeol frowned and looked at Baekhyun confusedly. “Really?” he asked curiously.

            Baekhyun nodded. “You sounded like the other person. Not like Park Chanyeol I used to know,” he replied. “You sounded so steady and firm. What’s wrong with you?”

            Chanyeol was silent for a moment then shook his head. He did not want Baekhyun to know he was a bit nervous that they would meet Kris again, that he would meet his ex-close-friend. He did not even know what to say to the older besides saying hi at him. His reverie was broken when he heard Baekhyun screamed Kai’s name. Chanyeol looked at the tan boy who was about to punch Kris. He and Baekhyun ran toward them, followed by Chen, Xiumin, Lay, Kyungsoo, and Luhan behind.

            “Kai yah, stop it!” exclaimed Sehun who tried to drag Kai away from Kris. He was about to lose from the visual’s power before Chanyeol and Xiumin came to help him. He sighed in relief that Kai did not punch Kris.

            “What did you do to Tao hyung, you brat?! Why were you making him cry?” shouted Kai angrily as he tried to release himself from Chanyeol and Xiumin. “Hyung, let me punch that brat! Let go of me! Why are you holding me up?!”

            “No, Kai yah. Kris-ge did not do anything to me,” Tao said. He stood in front of Kris, trying to protect him. “I cried because I was happy to meet him,” he admitted then looked down at his shoes. “You guys don’t know but I missed him so much that I couldn’t even sleep at night lately.” Tao started sobbing then he lifted his head up to hold back the tears and he chuckled in a sudden, which made the others look at him confusedly. “Why I never can stop crying?” he mumbled. For the first time, he felt ashamed when his brothers saw him cried.

            “Why are you here?” asked Lay in a flat tone to Kris.

            Kris looked at Lay before answering his question and even smiled a bit even though the younger only looked at him coldly. “I just want to meet you guys,” he said then looked at his ex-band-mates one by one.

            “Why do you want to meet us?” Luhan asked with the same expression as Lay.

            Kris sighed heavily. He was afraid that they would not believe with his answer later but he should be honest of himself. “Because I miss you guys. I miss you guys so much.”

            “If you miss us, why did you leave us, you brat?!” asked Kyungsoo who could not hold up his anger. He felt Chanyeol gave a sign at him to show his respect to Kris but he did not care about that. “You made us struggle! You left Suho hyung alone to take care of us! I wondered why they chose you to be our leader in the past. You’re even not better than a useless person, don’t you know that?”

            “Hyung, can you show your respect to Kris hyung?” cut Sehun who felt uneasy with the situation. He did not like when Kyungsoo got mad. There was no worst thing in this world but angry Kyungsoo.

            “How can I? He doesn’t deserve it, Hunie!” shouted Kyungsoo still in anger. “And stop backing him up! Don’t you feel disappointed by his leaving?!”

            Before Sehun could answer Kyungsoo’s question, Kris put his hand up in the air, told the maknae to be silent. He looked at Kyungsoo whose face was all red because of his anger. “Kyungsoo yah, I’m so sorry.,” he said. “I didn’t mean to make you hate me that much with my leaving and I regret it now. I’m so sorry, guys,” then he bowed at them. Inside of him, he was about to cry loudly but he forced himself not to do so in front of them. He did not want them to pity on him so he could be forgiven easily. No. He wanted them forgive him by their heart.

            “You heard that, guys. He’s said sorry. Why don’t we forgive him?” Chanyeol suggested which made all of them look at him with a considered look. “Honestly, I missed Kris hyung too. He used to be by my side in our official pose so how couldn’t I feel the emptiness since his leaving? It’s true that I was mad at him but then I thought it only wasting my time and will not change anything in my life, our life, if I keep on hating him, so yeah… I already forgave you, hyung.” Chanyeol smiled broadly at Kris then walked toward him and gave him a tight hug. “I’m happy I can meet you again,” he whispered to the taller boy’s ear before he broke the hug.

            Kris smiled more broadly at Chanyeol and he could feel the heat on his eyes. He was so touched with the younger boy’s words and he never expected that much from Chanyeol. “I’m happy to meet you too, Yeol ah,” he said.

            “So, guys, what are you waiting for?” asked Sehun to his brothers that only looked at KrisYeol. “I know you guys missed him too even though you did not show it off. Let’s end this hatred and start to forgive each other! Let’s make a better relationship than before! Can we?”

            All of them were still silent for minutes before Luhan walked toward Kris and gave him a hug then followed by Xiumin, Chen, Lay, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol, and Kai. It was a very touching moment. Everyone was in tears as they hugged each other. Without their knowledge, there was someone who watching over them. He hid himself behind the tree and cried too seeing that scenery. Am I really a worst person in the world that I can’t forgive him? I event don’t want to meet him. Yah, Kim Joonmyun, you’re a real brat, don’t you know that?

            Suho left the place he standing with his face looked down and still sobbed. He was asking Chanyeol where the meeting would take place before the boys went there and he secretly followed them behind with the taxi he had booked before. Now he wanted to left them and go home. He should be there before the others went home anyway.

 

***

 

            After having a long talk with each other, the boys decided to go home since the day was getting dark. Kris offered everyone to join in his car and Tao, Lay and Chanyeol were so glad about that so they got in Kris’s car while Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyung, and Kai getting in another car and Xiumin, Chen, and Luhan in the other.

            “Sehunie, how could you get that idea?” asked Baekhyun. “You should tell us first that we would see Kris hyung again. You know, we won’t be that surprised and Kai won’t almost punch him and…”

            “I just wanted to make a surprise to you guys,” Sehun cut Baekhyun’s word. “I don’t know how I could get that idea. It came to my mind in a sudden.” He was silent for a while and then he smiled when he thought of Tao’s smile after meeting Kris. “Well, I’m happy we’re good with Kris hyung now,” he smiled broadly at the eyeliner boy who sat next to him.

            “I wished Suho hyung could meet Kris hyung too,” said Kyungsoo who sat next to Kai who was driving. “It was a hard time to me to forgive him but after I forgave him my heart became lighter than before and my hatred for him was all gone. Suho hyung should forgive him too so he shouldn’t keep his hatred forever.”

            “But it’s impossible, isn’t it?” said Kai. “Suho hyung is really mad at him since Kris hyung left us. I’m not sure he could forgive him easily even though he’s a nice guy. I’m pretty sure he would punch him instead like I wanted to do so before the first time he saw Kris hyung in front of him.”

            Baekhyun’s eyes widened when he realized something in a sudden. “But Kris hyung will meet him! I mean, he taking the boys home and he will meet Suho hyung there. Plus, he lives at the mansion not too far from our place. What if he knows about that later? What should we do now? I don’t want to see Suho hyung mad. It’s scary!” he said in worry.

            Kyungsoo slapped his forehead after hearing Baekhyun’s word. He thought the same and he was upset to himself that he just realized it at the time. “Hunie, should we tell Kris hyung not to come to our place so he doesn’t need to face Suho hyung?”

            “He’s driving right now. He won’t pick up his cellphone,” answered Sehun. “Guys, don’t you remember that Kris hyung said he missed Suho hyung so badly? So let him meet our guardian.”

            “You don’t understand do you? He will…”

            “Don’t think negatively,” cut Sehun calmly. “Maybe Suho hyung will be really mad at Kris hyung but we don’t know what will happen right? Let’s hope he’ll be fine with Kris hyung.” He was not sure with his own words but he wanted them to calm down. Suho’s angry face on last night came into his mind in a sudden and made him shiver. He was so scary indeed…

            All of them were silent after Sehun finished his words. They agreed with Sehun and they started to pray that their leader would not be mad at Kris and it would be better if Suho wanted to forgive him so they could be friends again.

 

***