One

Longing

            Suho helped Kyungsoo make their lunch after taking out his clothes from his luggage and put them in the closet. They had chosen their room so they were gathering in the living room, except TaoHun and KyungHo. The maknaes were shopping. In fact, Sehun just accompanied Tao with a half of his heart since the older threatened him that he would not stop whining before the younger granted his wish.

            “Hyung, is there anything I can help?” Chen popped his head on the threshold of the kitchen. He was bored just watching tv with the others.

            “No, Chenie, thank you,” Suho answered while slicing the onion. “But you can set the table with the others.”

            Chen nodded then went back to the living room and dragged Lay and Xiumin to the dining room to help him. They were bickering while setting up the table. Xiumin even made fun with the dish. He used it as if it was a turning table, which made Chen and Lay burst into laugh.

            “Guys, can you just set the table in silent?” asked Kyungsoo in a half shout. He needed to cook in peace but the three trolls over there just pissed him off. “You shouldn’t ask Chenie hyung to set the table. They’re so noisy!” he blamed at Suho as he stirred the spaghetti on the pan.

            “Well, I didn’t know they would be like that,” Suho said. “Should I check them out?”

            Kyungsoo nodded. “Please, make them quiet,” he asked before Suho left the kitchen.

            “Have you finished setting up the table?” Suho asked when he came into the dining table.

            “Almost,” Chen, Xiumin, and Lay answered in unison and pretended being busy doing their job. Chen cleaned up the dishes while Xiumin putting them on the table and Lay cleaned up the forks and spoons.

            “Please, work in silent okay? Kyungsoo can’t cook in noise. You don’t want to eat something not tasty, do you?” Suho asked and then the three of the boys shook their head in unison. “Good!” Before he could continue his words, his cellphone rang. He took it out from his jean pocket and frowned to see the caller’s name.

 

***

 

            “We’re home!” exclaimed TaoHun in unison but in different tone. Tao said it happily, but Sehun said it nonchalantly. Both of them went in to the living room and found Kai and Chanyeol watching tv and Luhan and Baekhyun reading magazine. Sehun sat between Kai and Chanyeol and started a chat with Kai. He did not bother with Tao anymore.

            “Where’s my mom?” Tao asked Luhan as he took a sit next to him.

            “He’s in the kitchen, helping Kyungsoo cooking our lunch,” Luhan replied then peeked into one of Tao’s shopping bags. “Did you buy something for me, panda?”

            Tao nodded excitedly then took out a box from the shopping bag and gave it to Luhan. “I bet you’ll love it, Lu-ge,” he said as he saw the older opened it. “I thought of you when the first time I saw them.”

            “Really?” and Luhan gasped when he found a pair of socks in the box. His eyes were sparkling seeing his favorite character printed on them. “Hello kitty socks! Panda, you’re my favorite. I love you!” he gave Tao a tight hug.

            “Did you buy something for me too, Tao yah?” asked Baekhyun in hope.

            “Of course~ here it is, your favorite eyeliner!” Tao replied as he took out the eyeliner from the shopping bag and gave it to Baekhyun, who acted like Luhan when he accepted his socks. “Okay, I’m going to see my mom now.” He got up from the couch then walked in to the kitchen, but he found no Suho there. There was only Kyungsoo who was busy cooking. “Kyungsoo yah, where’s my mom?” he asked then took a small slice of baked tuna.

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widened seeing Tao’s action then he slapped his hand. “Don’t you dare eat that! It’s not ready,” he grumbled.

            “But it’s good and cooked,” Tao replied as he rubbed the hand that was got slap by Kyungsoo. “Where’s my mom?” he asked again.

            “He’s in the dining room, controlling the trio trolls,” Kyungsoo answered without bothering to face the-tallest-but-younger-brother’s face. He started busy decorating the food.

            Without saying a word, Tao left the kitchen then went in to the dining room. He found Chen, Lay, and Xiumin playing around and laughing at no one knew but them. He still could not find his mommy and also his favorite older brother, Suho. “Hyung, ge, do you know where my mom is?” he asked.

            “I’m not sure. Maybe he’s in your room,” Lay answered. “He left us when his cellphone was ringing.”

            “Did you see his face?” asked Chen in a sudden to Lay and Xiumin. “He looked like seeing a ghost when he looked at his cellphone! I wonder who called him and why he was so surprised.”

            “Yeah! And he didn’t pick it up at the first ring. It took a long time until he picked it up then left us,” said Xiumin.

            Tao frowned seeing them discussing about Suho. He did not want to join them so he walked out of the room and walked upstairs to see his roommate in their room. “Mom, are you here?” he asked as he entered the room. He was about to leave the room before his eyes stopped at the door of balcony that was opened and he could see Suho standing there, giving his back faced him.

            Tao jogged in to the balcony and when he was about to call Suho, he stopped his step after the older called someone on the other line. His heart felt like to stop beating and he even could not move. He was frozen for a while.

            “How many times I’ve told you not to call me anymore!” Tao heard Suho’s half shout on his cellphone. “Kris-ge, it’s a lie if I don’t hate you for leaving us. For making me struggle with the boys. You’re sorry, but it’s too late.”

            It seems like he is mad at him now. No wonder, Tao thought. He sighed heavily then he decided to leave the room in heavy steps and faced down. He canceled to tell Suho about the new shirts he had bought. So that’s why he was so surprised when he got a call from him, he thought as he walked downstairs.

 

***

 

            Sehun saw Tao walked downstairs in a slow pace and looked so sad. He frowned because he found it strange. Was he fighting with Suho hyung? He thought then shook his head. Both of them never fought before. It’s impossible! “Tao-ssi, have you shown him your new clothes?” Sehun asked when the older passed him.

            Tao shook his head then walked straight to the backyard. He even did not bother about Sehun’s reaction after seeing his answer. He just wanted to be alone now and the backyard was the right place to go. His hyungs were not in there so he could be alone. He sat on the bench and hugged his knees as he watched the fish swimming in the pond. He felt the urge to cry so he cried silently without holding his feeling anymore. He was alone. No one would see him cry.

            But he was wrong. There was Sehun watching him cried from the window. The younger was surprised with what he had seen. Well, it was not strange to see Tao cried because he would be like that when he did not get what he wanted, but it made him more surprised because he cried silently and did not want to be caught by anyone. Sehun sighed heavily. He did not know that watching Tao cried could make him worry this much. He must have a serious problem, he thought. He left the place he was standing to the upstairs. He needed to find out what problem Tao had and he should start at Suho. He met the leader who just came out of the room.

            “Oh! Sehunie, you’ve arrived,” Suho said in surprise. “Where’s my baby?”

            “Did you fight with him?” Sehun asked to the point. He did not bother to answer Suho’s question because he did not want to waste any time.

            Suho frowned in confused. “With him? With whom?”

            Sehun rolled his eyes. “Your baby panda, duh! Who else?”

            The frown on his forehead became more after hearing Sehun’s answer. “Why should I fight with my baby? I didn’t. What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing, but did you meet him in your room earlier? Because I thought he was going to your room to meet you.”

            Suho shook his head, still frowned. “I didn’t meet him. Where’s he? What’s wrong with my baby?”

            So, it’s not about Suho, Sehun thought as he looked fixedly at the leader then shook his head. He did not want to tell him about Tao’s swinging mood. He just did not want the leader rushed into the tallest maknae and bothered him. “Hyung, Kyungsoo hyung just has done cooking. Let’s help him put the food on the table.”

 

***