Retrieval 2.0

Hood Destitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yo, this is Jeon Jungkook speaking and you’re gonna read some pretty long chapter today! But author-nim just wants to detail everything so that it won’t be too rash or too confusing… we tried hehe. Please take care of us!

 

 

 

No one’s POV

 “Where’s Hyunseung?” Jiyong looked around and saw only strangers in suits lining up to greet them

“He’s gone, G-Dragon, how many times do I have to tell this to you? Hyunseung is gone! Now, will you please listen to the plan?” Junhyung grabbed Jiyong by the shoulders and shook him… the other Beast members behind the rapper were blank and emotionless as the rapper standing in front of Jiyong

“N-no! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF HIM!” Jiyong began to sob, “First Jungkook, now H-Hyunseung… I shouldn’t have let him go. Why is this happening!?”

 

It happened all at once. They were trying to absorb everything, but it seems like Jiyong was the one who couldn’t accept things as they are. He kept asking questions and kept getting even more frustrating to the point where Youngbae had to scold him. They understood that his brain must be in a lot of pressure right now. Most thought it was because of the weapon used on him, but to Jiyong… he thinks he’s gone nuts because he keeps hearing Jungkook out of guilt and it keeps him on the edge because he thinks that Jungkook might be dead. It’s driving him crazy. And now, even before entering the other gang’s lair, he couldn’t help but notice Hyunseung’s absence. He couldn’t help, but worry that it might’ve been his fault as well that he left… because he didn’t protect him like what he did to Jungkook… he’s gone. They both are.

 

Youngbae grabbed Jiyong by the shoulder, turned him around, and slapped him right across the face. The leader soon became silent and embraced Youngbae before he could collapse on the floor.

“I’m sorry for GD’s behavior, he hasn’t been himself lately,” Youngbae bowed and the rest of the younger ones bowed behind him as well

“It’s okay,” Junhyung wiped the corner of his eyes with the back of his hands, “we lost some good people too… I understand,”

“We understand you… Hyunseung was a part of our lives too…” Youngbae bit his lower lip, “But please go on,”

Junhyung nodded once and took a glance at Jiyong who was still lifelessly hanging unto Youngbae with his back turned against Beast’s rapper before he pointed at a wall that looked centuries old.

 

To describe this place… it would require great imagination. Imagine stepping in a very large temple of a Greek god. Pillar everywhere to hold the place, each pillar had strange drawings and symbols on them. The walls were cracked and some of it are covered in plants, the walls too had strange things written on it, but much different from the pillars. In the middle of the room, the center of the ceiling and the center of the floor had the same drawing… and it was an eye in the middle of circle. The place looked very abandoned, but you could feel as if… the place itself is alive. The people around them wore suits and had emotionless faces. They were very beautiful despite all of them being men.

They had drawings on the back of their hands. Their eyes weren’t just brown. Most of their hair were colored very brightly.

All of them stood in groups. One group stood out from the rest… they were the second tallest and had the eye symbol on their hands like on the ceiling and the floor.

 

Instead of being seeing a statue of a god right across the big double door entrance, there was only a table there. The table looked destroyed and small… like a family of 4 could occupy it. It had no special drawing or color to make it look “special”. Above it, the roof was destroyed so rays of light shone on it.

 

Junhyung and Doojoon were in front of it, just staring at it with blank expression.

 

The B groups did nothing, but stare. They couldn’t look around because they could feel the intimacy and strange pressure from the other groups looking at them.

Youngjae could recognize most of them… there was Teen Top, who were close by UP10TION, one of them had strange black drawings all over his body which looked like tattoos but possibly aren’t; next to them were BTOB, they looked friendlier than the others, the color of their suits were slightly brighter than the others, but you could hint sadness and struggle from them;

Across the room from them, the ones two feet away near the table were VIXX, they were the most notable to have supernatural powers. Half of them had a very cold aura around them… they seem to be missing a member…

Next to them were the tallest among everyone. They had the darkest suits and the most intimidating looks. Youngjae could observe that they were new. He did ask Namjoon who they were, he didn’t expect the other would actually know them. “They’re KNK, half of them used to travel with us before… half of them traveled travelled with Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung before they met you guys, you know. When they finally met and figured that they were different from us… they separated from us all and went on a journey of their own,” Namjoon had said

 

Guarding the gate were another group of men in suit, they were just 3 feet away from them, and look like they were ready to pounce any time soon… as far as his research about the gangs in this damn place, Youngjae knew they were a group called History. They wore traditional tuxedo that was in black and white. Three were tall, and two were shorter and had glasses on. One of the tall ones kept looking at Jiyong.

Youngjae turned to Jiyong who was apparently staring at the back… he was mouthing words that might not be audible to even Youngbae. Youngjae turned his attention at the tall man again… he was kept looking at Jiyong with such intensity… what is going on?

 

A sudden sound coming from the table made most of the B groups jump… it sounded like a lighting was in the room. It almost blinded Youngjae. After Youngjae rubbed his eyes, there was a clear bubble that was as big as a basketball floated on top of the table soon it pastel blue was consuming its inside. The B groups were mesmerized by the beauty and how soothing the color was. It grew bigger until it was taller than the men of KNK.

 

The groups with them, the non-B groups weren’t so new to this. Youngjae patted JB by the shoulder and quietly asked him, “Are you guys always around them? You guys don’t seem to be surprised by whatever is happening here,”

“It’s hard not to run into one of them, and we have UP10TION with us all the time, some of them can do magic especially to heal some of us,” JB looked at VIXX and then at BTOB, “these two groups especially… GOT7 is close with them, they do stranger things than this,”

“What’s happening anyway? What are we supposed to do here? Jinhoo just sent us here without any further words, and then poof… this happens,” Youngjae asked

“That, my friend, I have no answer to,” JB smirked, “it’s not like we’re gonna be surprised or anything… we have been through deep already, especially them,”

 

Youngjae nodded and patted his back again, “What a wonderful world we live in…”

 

Junhyung whispered something to Doojoon. Doojoon nodded once and called for Yoseob to help him with the bubble.

Junhyung stepped down bowed towards Youngbae, Namjoon, and Yongguk then proceeded to stand in front of Jiho.

“Jiho,” Junhyung called Block B’s leader who was busy staring at the bubble

“Woo Jiho!” Junhyung lightly shoved the leader, Jiho snapped out from his daze and raised his eyebrow

“Like what we said to UP10TION’s Jinhoo… we’re going to help you find Jungkook, but for one huge favor… if you don’t do this then deals off, Jungkook will stay by Big B forever and you guys will stay here with us under this damned reality of ours,” Junhyung said bluntly

“What is it?” Jiho asked

“These boys around me are good people… we’re slowly losing some of our sanity here, we already lost Hyunseung… and other groups who once joined us… sooner or later maybe Beast will be far gone from our sanity as well and I don’t want to see these boys get to the level where we are… I care for them… so I’m asking you if… if…” Junhyung sighed and scratched his head while looking down

“Spill it, man,” Jiho hit the other’s shoulder

“If you could make us come to your other world,” Junhyung said firmly

Jiho knew how serious this man is. He looked at Youngbae then exchanged looks with Yongguk and Namjoon who clearly heard Junhyung.

“Would you consider that favor? I care for these boys, and I don’t want anyone to leave anymore… I want to make music like you…” Junhyung continued

“You’ve been stalking us?” Jiho laughed

“You’re making me sound desperate here,” Junhyung shoved the other

“Fine, fine,” Jiho continued laughing, “I know what you mean, I’ve seen your other self in the other world… you’re the chilliest man I know aside from me, of course,”

“Cut to the chase, Jiho,” Junhyung finally cracked a smile, “Can we come with you?”

“Wow, you’re still ugly even after smiling for the first time in ages,” Jiho placed his hand in front of him as if he was really shocked

Junhyung raised his eyebrow and gave him a glare. Jiho laughed and patted his shoulder again, he looked at Youngbae and the others and asked, “Can he come?”

“I see no harm,” Youngbae gave one of his bright eye smile

“I think it would be cool to find other groups to communicate with in the other world,” Yongguk had his gummy smile on

“It’s the least we could do, we will try our best, absolutely,” Namjoon gave a thumbs up

“See? We’re cool? You didn’t have to ask,” Jiho did aegyo

Junhyung shoved him again, “You never change do you?”

“That’s why everyone loves me,” Jiho said sarcastically

“Love… huh, my ,” Kyung rolled his eyes behind Jiho

Jiho grabbed Kyung by the neck and gave him one of Jiyong’s famous arm lock

 

“Our plan is to destroy Big B’s lair, retrieve VIXX’s Hyuk,” Doojoon looked at VIXX’s direction, one of the members… the shortest one more likely, placed his hands together above his chest and looked like he was begging Doojoon with his eyes, “We’ll do whatever we could to save your maknae, N,” Doojoon gave him a reassuring smile

“BTS’ Jungkook, and kill that attention-, Big B once and for all, save the kids in the building no matter what, will there be any more suggestions, Taeyang?” Doojoon looked at Youngbae

Youngbae was still holding Jiyong… Jiyong wouldn’t let him go, but at least he was standing on his own. Youngbae didn’t have to ask Jiyong this time, “Seventeen and UP10TION together are our best defense, Monsta X and GOT7 are our best offense, you can place BTS anywhere since they can do everything you ask them to do like hit men, B.A.P are our brains and I could guarantee you that they will solve any code you give them, Block B are strong to defend the important people –they’re the muscle after all, Big Bang…” Youngbae looked at all their members, “we can control all of them for you, what do you need us to do?”

 

Doojoon smiled, he was very impressed on how strongly bonded their gang of misfits are like theirs. He looked at his group men and nodded once. “My men will go in first and try to control everyone’s minds and build a force field before anymore of Big B’s men will go in. I believe that they captured VIXX’s Hyuk in order to use his brain to control most of his troops… who knows how Big B achieved that level of knowledge, but I won’t stand around to watch. As far as we have observed, Jungkook is kept way inside his building. His mind is blocked and is Hyuk’s, we can’t reach both of them, so –”

 

“We have no time for short stories now, we have to move before Yoseob could hold it off unnoticed in the other world. We’re going to teleport there. There are three levels or walls. The third wall which covers all the entrance and exit, we’ll cover that and the second wall guarding the most protected tower of that lair, that’s where you guys come in, are you ready for this commitment?” Junhyung asked

“This is like Attack of Titans… but… we’re the ones breaching the whole place. THIS IS SO AWESOME!” Taehyung jumped around from behind Jiho

“We get the concept, let’s roll,” Jiho smirked

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook’s POV

This is bull. Why am I stuck in this high tower like Rapunzel all alone? If only I could show you how this place looks like. It’s so cliché. Does Big B watch Attack on Titan? What is this? Attack on Titan meets Rapunzel? I sighed and looked around the room. There’s no exit from here, and I’M AT HE MOST HIGHEST LEVEL OF THIS PLACE. Like I’m serious when I told you that I feel like I’m Rapunzel right here. I got here because Big B ordered Hyuk hyung to teleport me here. Why couldn’t Hyunseung hyung give me the power to fly as well?

I looked down from the only entrance and exit from here… the window, I saw guards pacing back and forth without rest. Their eyes look like they’re very sleepy and are about to drop anytime now, but they aren’t. They’ve been patrolling since dawn, it’s like night time now and they haven’t eaten anything. Speaking of food… I haven’t eaten as well… Oh! If only I could eat Seokjin hyung’s food right about now.

I know my hyungs are going to save me. I keep reaching Jiyong hyung, but he seems like he can’t reply to me straight… he kept telling me that he’s sorry and he thinks he’s gone insane. I guess it is hard to adjust to this power thingy hoo-ha.

Big B’s plan is to get me and Hyuk hyung to lure in our hyungs because he knows they will try to save us. Once they get inside, they’ll capture all of them and inject the same drugs Emy made in the other world in order to mind control them. Then Big B will have the greatest army to keep this world to himself then he’ll take care of the other world. I have no idea why he does all these. All that power for what? The thrill of seeing people dead and kneeling down in front of you?

 

I’m happy I was raised under my hyungs’ supervision.

 

“THE THIRD WALL WAS BEEN BREACHED! REPORT! REPORT! THE THIRD WALL HAS BEEN BREACHED!” All the guards ran towards the inside of the buildings and shelters around the tower which I was standing on. Are the cowering away?

 

“WHERE ARE YOU!? WE’RE BEING KILLED ONE BY ONE HERE! WE NEED SUPPLIES! HURRY! REPORT! REPORT! IS ANYBODY THERE!?” the man holding the radio down below was covering his ears while keeping his knees close to his chest

What the actual ? They won’t help their fellow troops? I know my hyungs are the ones attacking… who else would Big B prepare for? But seriously, you cannot just abandon your men!

“Hey, you ing cowards! Too afraid to deal with the big bad rogues!?” I shouted from my room

None of them even looked at me. All except one, the one near the radio who was cowering a while ago shouted back, “SHUT THE UP BEFORE I SHOOT YOUR HEAD, LITTLE BOY!”

“Oh, I’m so scared! Come and get me, you coward!” I smirked

He took his gun and aimlessly hit the corner of the window. He was shaking in fear when another message came through, “THEY ENTERED THE THIRD LEVEL AND HEADING TOWARDS THE SECOND WALL! WHERE ARE YOU, -HEADS!?”

 

I could hear bombing and gun fire even from here. The troops below became even more ridiculous. They were gathering all the resources for the soldiers of the outside and kept them in their bags as they tried to make some sort of wall. I felt the back of my head being too hot and started to feel pain at the back of my head as if I was being hit by a laser. I looked behind me to find a source, and found a very… very creepy Hyuk hyung.

The only thing he could say to me was… “Our time has come”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Located outside the walls of the Big B’s lair, Big Bang had gathered up their best men. Jiyong seemed to be saner compared to before. He looks quite emotionless and less likely to talk though. He looks at Seungri and nodded at him once after the first wave of groups coming from Beast went in.

“FORMATION IS OUR HOME, BOYS! Once we break this then we’re all better off dead. Seventeen and UP10TION are in charge of circ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter