The Wedding and Swimming Instructor

Scarlet, Sunshine and Muffins
Please log in to read the full chapter

18th December

Ode to Joy echoed through the halls of Palm and Olive Grand Ball Room.  Guest, friends and relatives were flooding in the ball room as I sat beside my younger sister, Charlotte, the bride. I sighed at the magnificent ballroom covered with gold chandeliers and velvety curtains and chairs. Mosaics covered the walls and ceiling. Charlotte loves the 18th century and everything historical. I sipped the flute of champagne. Grand- Aunt Victoria walked towards Charlotte and patted her cheeks. She then looked at me sideways.

“Scarlet, so nice of you to be the maid-of honour because if I were you, I would be at home all depressed thinking of the reasons why I’m still single and my younger sister is getting married. Well, at least you lost quite a bit of weight. Hopefully, a man would be nice enough to ask your hand in marriage before you wither away from your youth.” I stared at her with my mouth wide opened.

“Granny Aunt, please take a seat now.” Charlotte placed her hands on my shoulders. Grand-Aunt Victoria hissed and walked away.

“She always favoured you, the prettier one. I lost half of my weight and I still feel ugly beside you. Maybe being here is a wrong idea...” I pouted my lips and played with my covered with white lace of gloves.

“Don’t be silly. You’re pretty and intelligent, I love you so much!!You must be beside me on my special day. Ignore her; she’s old and deprived from love making, that’s why she’s being such a hurt.” Charlotte held my hand tightly.

“Really? I thought she has a lot of lovers, old and young?” I eyed Grand-aunt Victoria, whispering to Cousin Jason. Disgusting.

“You were at Korea for years my dear sister, th

Please log in to read the full chapter