Chapter 6

Horikoshi's Secret Agents (ON-HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tomorrow morning when they were at the cafetaria, Keito told his friends about what he saw and heard yesterday about Ohara. As he expected, his friends’ also confused about Ohara’s act.

 

“Why she talked like that and who was that person she talked with? It’s so strange.” Suzuka mumbled and all of them just silent in thoughtful mode.

 

“As far as I know, Ohara is a kind girl and seems doesn’t have problem or enemy. So for me, it’s strange for her to be like that.” Yuto said and the others agreed.

 

“However, the one that make me thinking for awhile now is yesterday incident about Nakagawa-senpai food poisoning case.” Yuri said. It seems he and Yuto already knew yesterday incident from Ryosuke.

 

“If about that, actually I have my own speculation.” Keito replied and all eyes now turn on him.

 

“What do you mean Keito?” Yuri asked.

 

“I think someone purposely made Nakagawa-senpai eat the poison.” Keito said and his friends listened seriously. “The doctor said the amount of poison on his blood test was small while usually in food poisoning case, it must be larger than that.” He explained.

 

“And, what is your conclusion?” Ryosuke asked seriously.

 

“My hypotesis is, someone purposely did that to weakens Nakagawa-senpai so he couldn’t join the competition tomorrow. Nakagawa Taishi is the three pointers also the MVP on the team. Someone want Horikoshi team to lose and he/she/they did that with get rid of the best player on the team.”

 

Mirai and Suzuka shivered heard that hypotesis. They didn’t expected a sly way was used on the competition.

 

“But, this just a basketball competition. They didn’t need to do that far.” Yuri said, represent the others’ mind.

 

“Hmm..it’s just my hypothesis. This is still uncertain. Maybe there is other purpose that we didn’t know.” Keito replied. The others also thought about Keito’s hypothesis but they couldn’t find the answer.

***

 

On the same time but different place, on a large room, three girls and three boys were gathered to discuss about something. They looked so serious. They sat around a table and a lot of papers scattered in front of them. In the middle, sat a middle aged man that looked like their leader. He just silent while thought about something. The boys and the girls just stared at that man, seems to wait for his decision.

 

“I think this is the right time to tell them.” One girl, with a princess-like said. It seems she wanted to convinced the man.

 

“I think so too. In addition of the strange event lately, it should be now.” A boy with smart and patient look continued. Heard the argument from the boys and girls, finally the leader decided.  

 

“Alright. I think all of you are right. After all the headmaster already give this responsibility to us. So, can I hear the report about them based on all of your observation once again?” the leader said. The boys and the girls nodded and one by one they read their report.

 

“First, Nakajima Yuto. He was on the first position on entrance exam. Good at martial arts and hard worker. His parents already divorced and now he lived with his father that work as employee on small company. He is a quiet person and based on the observation result, he was on the gangster on his junior days but he quit it long time ago.” One of the boys with handsome face said.

 

“Second, Okamoto Keito, the second position on entrance exam. Good at problem analysis, mature and his parents are one of the shareholders on Horikoshi High. Although he is rich, but he isn’t arrogant.” The boy with smart and patient look from earlier said.

 

Their leader nodded and just listened while thought about something. Then, the report continued.

 

“Third, Chinen Yuri, third place on entrance exam. Really good on science. His parents are successfull bussinessman and he is a cheerful boy, kind, good at team work and really famous because of his cute smile and face.” a girl with pretty face and tall figure said.

 

"The fourth, Yamada Ryosuke, the fourth ranking on entrance exam. Good in technology. Lived with his mother and his two brothers. His mother is a director. He is a cheerful person but sometimes can't surpress his own emotion. Also I think we are already familiar with the 'Yamadas'." A boy with indifferent expression said while he took a glance toward his leader. The leader just smiled and nodded his head, a sign for them to continued the report.

 

"The fifth person, Ohgo Suzuka, the fifth ranking on entrance exam. Smart and calm but she is famous and easy to socialize, so it will be easy for her if we asked her information searching. Her parents are famous doctor." A pretty girl with mature expression said.

 

"The last, Shida Mirai, on the sixth ranking of entrance exam. She is also smart and always in high spirit. It seems she isn't get along well with Yamada Ryosuke, but if those two work together, the result will be good. Her father is a famous lawyer that always can solved difficult problem. Shida's leadership really strong and she is good at debate." A girl with sweet and cheerful face said.

 

The boy with smart and mature face from earlier continued, "Moreover, those six people are famous here, especially the boys although they are just on first year."

 

The report ended. All the boys and girls there now looked at their leader. The leader thought for awhile then he nodded. "Okay, all of you tell it to them. It's up to you how to tell them but remember, do it secretly and with a good way so they can accept it easily." He said. All the boys and girls nodded in understanding. The meeting ended then the middle aged man left the room.

 

When the man left the room, one boy that seems the leader of those boys and girls gathered his friends. "Okay, let's make the preparation now." He commanded and his friends immediately started their work.

 

***

 

On the afternoon break, Ryosuke, Keito, Mirai and Suzuka called by the principal. They were questioning about the Nakagawa's incident yesterday because they were council members present at that time and it seems the suspicion of the one that poisoned Nakagawa fell on them because they also voluntereed to organized the food and drink for the team. It had been a hour they were on the principal's office.

 

"So, why Nakagawa-kun could be poisoned if he didn't eat anything during the practice?" Domoto Koichi asked patiently.

 

Those four confused to answer. They just did their job at that time. Then, Keito answered bravely, "We also didn't know sir, It's just coincidence we were there when it happen. Also I think we shouldn't be suspected like this." Keito said a bit angry. He was impatient because he really tired to be suspected like this and interrogated like a criminal.

 

Unexpectedly, Koichi smiled. "I am sorry if I offended you, I didn't have the intention to blame on you." Koichi said calmly. Actually he also confused with this incident, it's the first time happen as far as he remember. Moreover, Nakagawa Taishi's parents came and asked for what actually happen. Maybe because of the pressure, unconsciously he forced his innocent students in front of him.

 

"So, are you believe in us?" Mirai asked hesitantly.

 

"Yes, I believe in you. I asked you to come here to verified once again about what happen yesterday. I apologized if I forced you." Koichi said.

 

Those four sighed in relief because the principal believe in them. Then he dismissed them, but before that he said, "If all of you remember about something important about the case, please tell me immediately." Then, after that all of them left the room.

 

"Uwaah, it's so frustating! We were so long inside." Mirai said after she sighed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter