Chaos

The Art of Moving On

Title : Hurricane.
Written

by : Miss Anonymous
Today, I heard that a hurricane was coming. But people don’t know that hurricanes happen all around us every day. It’s funny, how people are so unaware of the chaos around them. Where are the gasps of astonishment, knowing that stars are being born and stars are burning, that stars are dying? Where is the attention that the oceans deserve, mysteries unsolvable with its depth, suffocating what’s left of the earth?


2 weeks later.


“What are you looking at?” Baekhyun’s voice croaked, as he was sitting on his bed eating his horrible hospital soup. He noticed Taeyeon daydreaming at the corner of the room, staring at a painting of a sunflower. 

“Nothing.” Taeyeon whispered softly. “How’s your soup?”

Baekhyun did not answer. “Do you wonder why there’s a painting of a sunflower in each room of this hospital? And yes, I checked all the other rooms too.”

Taeyeon snapped out of her stare and faced Baekhyun who was grinning from ear to ear, excited to talk about his love for art. She nodded slowly.

“It represents happiness. I guess, with how depressing hospitals can get, they want to fill up the room with some sort of happiness. It’s like… a new beginning.”

A new beginning. she thought to herself.

[ flashback ]
“How’s he doing, doctor?” Taeyeon asked. 
“He’s doing alright. He’ll wake up real soon…. But… Miss Kim, I have something to tell you…. Do you think you can get his family here, so I can talk to them?”
“I’ve only known him for a while, I think he had a sister… but she passed away. I don’t know if he has another relative around… But—what is it, doctor?”
Doctor Lee, an old looking man, raised his glasses higher up the bridge of his nose and looked at his file. “He might… I don’t know how to say this. I hope you stay calm but… he severely hit his head on the steering wheel and, if you can see here…” he showed the file to Taeyeon, “he might suffer a minor amnesia. What you can do is to help him slowly.”

---------------------------------------------------
Taeyeon smiled back at Baekhyun. 
“So thank you for being here…. Heeyoung.”
Taeyeon’s smile faded.

----------------------------------------------------
Humans themselves are a 
part of chaos.

Yet we don’t know.

----------------------------------------------------

Yuri sat on her coffee table, wrapped around her blanket and she held her coffee tightly in her hands. She had been sitting there for a while, her coffee was getting cold. 

Buzzing white noise rang in her ear as she tried to remember the night that the incident happened- how she was so drunk then, and things got a little messy. She hated who she was at night, always crying about things that she know nothing about. The only word she could hear was 'murderer' and all she could think of was the colour red, covering her that night with the corpse of the man she once loved. Was she really a killer?

-----------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon was mopping the floor, it was almost seven a.m. and the shop was about to open in an hour, and no one else, not even Yuri was around. She played her favourite instrumental jazz aloud, the sun barely peeking by the glass window. 

She heard a noise, as if someone was fumbling with keys and minutes later a screech from the creaking door. “Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon squinted to see who it was- Jessica. She undid her apron and smiled at her best friend. “Hey, you’re awake.” She laughed. Jessica didn’t laugh with her. “What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked, a hint of worry in her voice. She hurriedly approach the other, embracing her with both her arms.


“Suho….” Jessica sobbed. “He’s gone- he’s missing.”