Unexpected.

The Art of Moving On


                                                       unexpected.

_____________________________________

 

Baekhyun took Taeyeon's hand in his and noticed how soft it felt, his drunk thoughts spiraling in his mind. "Your hands are really cold, are you sure you're okay with walking?" he said, looking at her with his serious eyes. Taeyeon nodded a bit, and although she really needed the warmth of his hand, it felt wrong to be holding a stranger's hand. Suho appeared in her thoughts, and she removed her hand from his grasp, looking at him apologetically.

They finally arrived at a quiet beef restaurant. They were the only ones there apart from a drunk man sitting at the corner alone, mumbling things to himself. This isn't good, Taeyeon thought. I'm with two drunk men in a restaurant heavily scented with beef. "I--i'm a vegetarian." she said softly, looking around. "B-but it's okay, I can find something else to eat here." she smiled as she took a seat and waited for his reply.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think you were the type." he finally voiced, shaking his head as he smiled.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't know", he shrugged. "Based on earlier response, how you slapped me, and how you were very opiniated, I just thought you wouldn't really care about these things."

Taeyeon took a major offense. How could anyone be so disrespectful? Taeyeon gasped and she frowned "I am,-- I am opiniated. And my opinion is, beef is disgusting."

"Do you really think so?" His eyebrow cocked in amusement, teasing her. "It's okay if you think so, that's cool. But I just don't buy it." he smiled. 

She didn't reply, but she gave a very uncertain nod instead. "Now can we talk about something else?"

"No, no." he grinned, taking her hand again semi-consciously, which made Taeyeon jump up in surprise. "Sorry," he smiled and took his hand off hers. "But, really, no, let's continue talking about this, let's talk about you." He took a piece of paper to write their orders, but his eyes didn't leave Taeyeon for even a second, as he was still smiling. "Are you, like, those kind of girls?" he smirked playfully, handing the piece of paper and the pen to the waitress.

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon asked nervously.

"The-- I'm better than everyone, kind of person? The kind of person who would listen to angry songs and wear pink hair extensions and would yell at their parents for ruining their life?" he chuckled. 

Taeyeon again felt offended. This guy was getting way out of line. Taeyeon hated him at that moment. His cheeky smile, his hand-holding habit, his smell of alcohol, his love for meat-- everything about him was disgusting to her. 

"I don't listen to angry songs, I don't yell at my parents, I don't think I am better than everyone." she huffed, rolling her eyes as she tapped her fingers on the wooden table, really hoping they would talk about something else by then. 

"So, the pink hair extensions, then?" He smiles.

"Yeah..."

"You should get a blonde tip too, like an ombre thing. I think it would look good on you." he smiled again. Ugh, what's with his smile, she thought. But this time he smiled like he was a shy six year old boy. "I might be wrong, you know, you can't really trust a drunk guy." he laughed, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

They were silent until their meal came. Meat set for him, and a salad for her. As she took her fork, she looked at him and questioned. "Who's Heeyoung?"

-------------------------------------------

Chanyeol looked around for his best friend. No where to be seen. He was worried of course, but a little offended too that his best friend wouldn't tell him where he was. "Yo, Se." he nudged his friend on the shoulder. Sehun was too occupied in a conversation with a girl and the song was too loud. "YO, SEHUN." he nudged again. As Sehun turned around, Chanyeol could see her. The girl whom he was talking to. Well, Chanyeol could only see half her face but he would notice it anywhere. It was her. Jung Soojung.

"What's up, bro?" Sehun asked, looking at Chanyeol who was already dumbstruck. Chanyeol couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Chanyeol?" she smiled. 

"Soojung." he stuttered, his eyes weren't blinking at all.

"Soojung?" Sehun asked, confused.

"Oh, silly Chanyeol." Soojung hid her face with her free hand, as the other hand was holding a glass of wine. She looked around nervously so no one would hear what Chanyeol had said. "People don't call me that anymore. That... that was, what, 12 years ago?" she laughed. Chanyeol noticed how differently she laughed. It wasn't her usual cackle but rather soft, demure, like she wasn't laughing at all. "I'm Krystal." she held out her hand, and Chanyeol shook it, his eyes couldn't leave her. She looked beautiful. Different, but beautiful. Her off-shoulder top showcased her bony but structured shoulder. Her hair was long enough to cascade on it, and she was wearing a mini skirt. 12 years ago she wouldn't have dreamt of wearing something that short. She was so insecure of her legs. 

"You... you look, different." he said.

"Thanks?" she smiles. "Things have changed, you know, after Lisa remarried."

"Lisa?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh" Krystal hit her forehead and laughed again, "My mum... I'm sorry, ha, I forgot you disappeared for twelve years... People call her Lisa now."

"Right, your mum... Lee Ji Ah.... Lisa." he nodded, nervously sliding his hands in his pockets, forgetting how drunk he was when he saw her. "Well... tell her I said congrats."

"I... I will." she smiles and nods.

It was crazy to him how calm she looked, when inside he was feeling all sorts of feelings. Confused,happy, angry. They were childhood friends, when they were five they promised to marry each other. But things took a turn, and he had to move back to Korea and she was left alone in America.

"What did you want to ask? I'm sorry for intruding." She looked at Chanyeol then to Sehun. Sehun was already folding his arms, annoyed at their little 'reunion' 

"No, baby, it's fine." Sehun smiled as he kissed her, then turned back to Chanyeol. "Yeah- what up?" 

"No it's nothing I was just wondering where Baekhyun was." he tried to calm himself. What was that kiss all about? There goes my sleep tonight.

"Haven't seen him for hours, the last time I saw him, he was with a girl."

"A girl?" great, now everyone has a girl except him. He was the one who invited Baekhyun, the guy who couldn't get over his dead girlfriend and now HE gets a girl? If there was one person that deserved to leave with a girl tonight it was HIM. CHANYEOL. NOT. BYUN. BAEKHYUN. He slammed the table angrily.

"A-are you okay?" 

"Yeah. Sorry." Chanyeol felt stupid. Maybe he was just a bit angry after seeing Soojung. or Krystal. or whatever. Usually he would be happy to know his best friend was finally moving on. But he just.... wanted to move on, too. Chanyeol left the conversation, and went out of the cafe. He had enough of the party.

------------------------------------------

Luhan sighed an exasperated sigh as he placed his glass of alcohol onto the table counter. Jessica who was still wiping the table, looked at him and asked if he was okay. "Aren't you enjoying your birthday?"

"--yeah, sure, whatever." he rolled his eyes. He just saw Chanyeol dashing out of the cafe, and earlier that night he saw Baekhyun leaving too. "I don't think any one of these people here actually care about me, yaknow?"

"Arent they your friends?"

Luhan looked at Jessica as if she was dumb "Of course!" he threw his hands in the air. "But look-- over there." he pointed at Chen. "Cool guy, we work together. But I only invited him so he'll keep inviting me to his table during lunch, because he sits at the cool table. and him? Tall guy named Kris? Very nice, except he's my boss and I invited him so he doesn't fire me. Oh, and look at him."  he pointed towards Sehun. "Best friend since college, leaving to America for his girlfriend.... and that leads me to her, the girlfriend. over there." he pointed towards Krystal. "Daughter of David Jung. Multimillionaire. Doesn't care about anything or anyone but herself."

"Hold up hold up. Hold up right there young man." she threw her dirty rag onto Luhan's perfect face. "I'm the daughter of David Jung. The only daughter of David Jung. David Jung, CEO and founder of Blanc Group."

"No, no, no, Krystal Jung. That's her- the only daughter of David Jung and Lisa Lee. David Jung, CEO and founder of Blanc Group."

Jessica held her stomache so she wouldn't throw up. She had never heard of Krystal Jung before. Her dad had some explaining to do.

-----------------------------------

 

a/n ; dont worry sestal will be endgame :P (spoilers)