Begin.

The Art of Moving On

tumblr_mfami7VCdR1rne9qdo1_500.gif
                                                       Begin.

________________________________

[ recap ]

Here's what you missed on "The Art of Moving On."

Taeyeon's engaged with Suho, Jessica moved in to Taeng's apartment, Yuri begins to work at the cafe, Chanyeol surprised Krystal at her college.

hope you enjoy. xoxo.

-----------

“I—can’t go anywhere, I have class to attend.” Krystal stammered nervously, looking at Chanyeol. Chanyeol was walking straight, ignoring every excuse Krystal had given him. “Chanyeol I—I can’t, I can’t.” what she was most worried about was Sehun, and how she promised she’d wait for him to end his class so they can go to eat ice cream together. It was their 100th day together.

What Chanyeol and Krystal had, was kept between them. It was like, it was their secret. Sure they were separated at the age of twelve, but to him it was more than that. She was the smartest girl he has ever met. She was Soojung, the girl who’s in love with music, planets, and little children. “Can’t you be Soojung just for one day?” he questioned, pulling a tight grip on her tiny wrist.

Krystal pulled her hand away. “It’s not a good idea. We can’t keep doing this.”

“What are we even doing?” Chanyeol threw his hands up in the air in defeat, his smile faded. “I’m just taking you somewhere, why is that such a big deal, soojung?”

Krystal couldn’t take this anymore. Her eyes were welled up with tears, “The name’s Krystal.” She voiced shakily. “For last time. It’s Krystal.”

“Sorry.” Chanyeol said slowly. “I guess I got the wrong person, then.” He continued; “The girl I thought I liked—was Soojung. Sorry, for wasting so much of your time.”

“Yeah, well she died a long time ago.” Krystal turned to leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica appeared in Taeyeon’s room with her bathrobe as she swiftly wrapped her head with a towel. “Hey.” She smiled. Taeyeon turned her chair around from the computer and smiled too. “Sunny called for dinner.”

It felt weird to have both her best friends in the same house, now that Jessica’s temporarily living there. “…yeah, you go ahead first, alright. I still have some work left to do…” Taeyeon scratched her head and smiled sheepishly.

“You’re still writing on that blog?” Jessica peered over Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Sort of. I mean… I just started again. I haven’t written for a while and I just felt like I should start again.” Taeyeon, feeling shy, hid her laptop away from Jessica.

Jessica laughed slightly and sat on the edge of the bed. She didn’t feel bad or offended, she knew how secretive Taeyeon is with her ‘secret projects’, but she wonders if Taeyeon will ever publish her writing. “You write really well, Taeyeon-ah. When are you ever going to get credit for it?”

“I prefer being anonymous.”

“Mmmhm.” Jessica raised a brow and laughed. She looked around the room, trying to scan through and see what she missed out on her best friend. Although they’ve been best friends for years, Taeyeon had never really invited Jessica to her home before, so this was Jessica’s first time seeing her room. “I didn’t know you play piano.”

“That’s uh—a keyboard. I can’t really afford a piano yet.”

“Oh.” Jessica nodded. “Didn’t know you play keyboard.”

“For fun. When no one’s around.”

Jessica laughed again. Taeyeon had always been a bit secretive. “Alright, miss anonymous, get your off your chair and come join us for dinner kay?” she stood up and smiled as she turned her head around to wave at Taeyeon.

“Jessica?”

“mm?” Jessica paused her steps, turning around towards Taeyeon.

“Nothing.”

Nothing? Nothing? Taeyeon mentally kicked herself. When was she ever going to tell Jessica that she’s engaged to Suho? The three of them are best friends—Jessica would be happy to hear the news right? So why was Taeyeon so afraid of telling her? ‘Ugh’, Taeyeon thought. This was harder than she ever expected.

Taeyeon gave up and threw herself on her bed, laying her face flat on it, hoping she’d somehow suffocate around the blankets- suddenly her phone beeped.

From : Bro Kyungsoo

Message : Yo, sis. I know your mum remarried my dad and everything and so this probably has nothing to do with you but would you do the honor of accompanying me to the old folks home to see the old folks aka my grandmother because I miss her a little bit but old people freak me out please sis pleaaaase thanks you’re the best ily. Xoxoxoxo.

Taeyeon laughed and started typing out a message.

To: Bro Kyungsoo

Message: Sure, but you’ll owe me big time.

Minutes later, she received another message from Kyungsoo, saying how thankful he was to have her as his sister. She smiled at this and checked her social networking sites.

Sooyoung broke up with his boyfriend? Again? Taeyeon shook her head as she scrolled down her twitter feed.

@BaekBoyy : where are you, café girl?

Flashbacks flashed through her memory as she remembered how she accidentally clicked follow when she was researching about him and Heeyoung. Oh no… oh, no no no.

At least I won’t have to ever meet him again… right?

It was a one time thing… right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica hummed with the music as she rearranged a few blossoms in the vase near the window of the café. They were really pretty, she thought, she picked them up at the flower shop herself this morning. 

“Well, that’s beautiful.” Yuri exclaimed, smiling from the bar as she prepared some coffee. The shop was about to open soon and it was her first day of work.

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled. “You’re Yuri right?”

“Yeah. I just moved here.” She said as she turned off the coffee maker, and placed the cup slowly on the bar table.

Jessica nodded. “Let me guess, searching for a better job?”

“S-something like that…” Yuri looked down and nodded. “W—where’s Taeyeon?”

“She had some lame grandmother visiting thing. Ugh, lemme tell ya, if I would’ve known that she could slack off just because she’s dating the boss, I would’ve sacked Suho to myself sooner.” Jessica laughed.

“I didn’t know you would.” Suho entered the room and laughed as he overheard what Jessica said. 

Yuri smiled awkwardly and noticed the tension, leaving the room for the both of them to talk.

“Not really, loser.” Jessica smacked his face with a damp cloth.

“You did not just do that.” Suho grinned mischievously, grabbing a sponge from Jessica’s tray and wiped her face with it, which made Jessica squeal, it was both disgusting but fun.

“Stop oh my god Suho stop.” Jessica tried covering her face whilst laughing, reaching for the sponge. “I forfeit, I forfeit. I shall now admit to you, your highness that I shall take your hand in marriage if I had known life would be simpler.” Jessica wiped her face with her hand, smiling slightly.

“Well, you’re a bit too late, princess.” Suho smiled too. “I don’t know if you have heard, I’m sort of—engaged.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked, nudging Taeyeon’s elbow. He noticed how Taeyeon hadn’t been talking a lot for the past hour. He got worried. “Something bothering you?”

“Nah, it’s nothing, I just got engaged two days ago.”

“Oh my god, congratulations!” Kyungsoo automatically wrapped his arms around Taeyeon, shaking her a little. “I mean… it’s good right? Unless… wait, are you pregnant? Is it Suho?”

“No, dummy- i. Yes, it’s with Suho.” Taeyeon forced a laugh. “He just asked and I didn’t know what to say, and I know he wanted me to say yes.”

“Well, what did you want to say?”

“I—I don’t know. I like him, I do. But I just, haven’t really thought about it, you know? I can’t even decide on these flowers…” Taeyeon sighed, they’ve been at the florist for ages already and yet she still couldn’t decide what Kyungsoo’s grandmother would like best. Carnations? Daisies? Roses? Lilies? “If I can’t even decide on flowers how would I even decide on husbands? Or—about what I really want? And you know, the worst part is Jessica’s always been the one who’s good at choosing flowers… or what’s best for me, but I still haven’t told her.”

“Calm down.” Kyungsoo smiled. “Look, sis, you’re gonna get through this. Okay? Just one flower at a time. One decision at a time. I’d choose a flower for you, but that’s not even gonna help. You have to learn how to make your own decision. Just think of what you think is best. And don’t worry, anyway, there’s this photographer coming to the Old Folk’s Home- apparently he comes every week, just to check up on ‘em, and sometimes he paints too, for them.”

“Fancy.”

After finally deciding on what kind of flowers to buy for grandmother, they arrived at the old folks home. Taeyeon somehow liked going there, it smelled strongly of talcum and old books, and everyone seemed to be happy whenever visitors arrived. As they approached the big media room (where they were allowed to watch tv – mostly soap operas), Taeyeon hugged grandmother. Kyungsoo’s grandmother had always been like her own, especially since she doesn’t get to visit hers that often.

“You’re here! Good timing, Taeyeon ah, you need to help make me look pretty.”

“Halmeoni.” Kyungsoo whined. “Not even gonna hug your real grandson?”

“Oh quit whining, you old bag, and hurry up, help me grab my pearl earrings right over there.” Halmeoni laughed, moving forward with her wheelchair so she’d be closer to Taeyeon. Taeyeon laughed and began brushing halmeoni’s hair.

“What’s the special event? Why isn’t anyone in here?” Taeyeon looked around the empty room.

“Some have gone home… Some are in their rooms preparing for tonight. It’s almost lunar new year so we’ll be taking pictures with our hanboks.” She smiled. “I haven’t done this in a long time. We’ll have a professional camera man and everything, well, he comes here every week, sometimes he’s a professional cameraman and sometimes he’s a mailman, and sometimes he’s even a painter.”

Taeyeon smiled. Halmeoni looked amazing. “He sounds great.”

“Are you still dating Suho, my dear? Should I hook you up with him?”

“Halmeoni!” Taeyeon blushed, covering her face as she laughed. “Yes, yes, I am still dating him… in fact… oh my goodness, halmeoni I can’t even begin to tell you this but I’m enga—“

“Mrs. Do.” They heard a knock.

“Come in, come in…. now where’s that Kyungsoo with my earrings…” she grumbled. “Ah there you are Baekhyun! You’re here early!”

“Good morning, Mrs. Do, you look amazing.” He smiled, unaware of Taeyeon’s presence. He was wearing a black oversized coat and underneath he had a big white shirt, his camera slung on his shoulder like a bag.

Taeyeon blushed again as she scanned her own outfit. A weird navy sweater with some white jeans and she tied her hair, too, to make her look less messy… she looked somewhat okay, but as she finished scanning herself, she wondered why she even bothered. Why was I worried about impressing him?

“Taeyeon ah, meet Baekhyun. He’s the camera man.”

“—Café girl.”

“Oh—hi.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mr. Jo inquired as Yuri appeared at the backroom. He was still rearranging the new stocks of coffee beans and he was about to ask her for help, but nw that Yuri was there (sighing to herself), he began to worry.

"Do you think it was a bad idea? To run away and to lie?"

"Yuri, you know you can't help it.... If you want to go back to your old life, be my guest, but it wasn't me who came over to my apartment crying with blood all over the clothes."

"Don't remind me, please."

"I'm just saying.... do you want to get caught?"

"No..."

"Then this is the best choice you'll ever get, Yuri. This is your life now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re late, hey what’s wrong, baby?” Sehun asked his girlfriend, tucking a strand of hair behind her ears and pulling her into a hug.

“Nothing.” Krystal sighed as she buried her head on his chest. “I’m sorry I’m late, I had something going on.”

“You know you can tell me everything right?” Sehun asked, pulling her closer.

Sehun pulled two chairs and gently puller her down to sit beside him. Krystal looked down to the floor as she began playing with her fingers again, an old habit she used to have when she was four. “Sehun… do you ever just, feel like… you’re not who you are anymore?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…” Krystal sighed, looking for a way to explain to him. “I’m not really, who I am anymore.”

“Were you a guy?”

“Oh my god, what?” Krystal laughed, hitting sehun on the shoulder. Only Sehun would make her laugh even when she was angry. “No, no.”

“Well, madam, I have to check to be sure. Take off your clothes.”

“Don’t be silly.” Krystal laughed, pushing him lightly.

"Do you still love me?" Sehun asked.

"Of course I do."

"Then I don't care about the old you. I care about now." Sehun smiled. "Happy 100th day, Krystal Jung."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #145

Title : Taking Risks.

Written by : Miss Anonymous.

People change. Sometimes it’s for the good, and sometimes it’s for the bad. You’re never really who you are, but even now, you’re not you. You're always changing. There's never a second of yourself that you're ever going to get back.  You’re made of stars, distant, burning and flashing and dying. It’s okay if you constantly change, it’s okay if you’re still figuring out who you are, or who you want to be. What sets you apart from who you are now and who you were before-- is just your set of choices. You get to decide who you want to be, or who you want to be with.

I’m in the middle of it all, the distance, the burning, the flashing, and the dying.

We're like a garden of flowers. There are so many of us, and we're all different, but most of us don't know that even with our differences, we're still beautiful.

with love, T.