Trust me.

The Art of Moving On

           

 

trust me
 

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   

 

Her name was Heeyoung. It means eternal. And just like her name, she is eternal. Baekhyun took his last piece of biscuit from his tiny plate reserved only for his mother's cookies, and shoved it into his mouth. It had been two years since her passing and he was still not over her. How could he be? She was perfect. She had perfect black hair cascading her bony shoulders and a smile that could light up the whole town. Baekhyun slowly took his empty plate and realised he felt empty, too.

He met Heeyoung through his older sister, Hana, whom he loved very much. Heeyoung was his sister's best friend. The Hana & Heeyoung, they would call themselves, inseparable since middle school. Baekhyun never noticed her before, as did she. She had only seen him as someone younger- immature. Things took a different turn when Baekhyun saved her from drowning when the four of them (including Baekhyun's best friend Chanyeol) went on a vacation together at a beach in Busan. From then on, they started showing a romantic interest towards each other, and Baekhyun proved her was not just a little boy anymore. She trusted him.

Heeyoung and Hana died a painful death two years ago, their car crashed and fell into a river while Baekhyun was in college. He swore he would never forgive himself for not saving her and his sister this time around.

"You'll have to cheer up soon." Chanyeol snatched the plate away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun blinked- more confused than shocked. "It has been two years." Chanyeol reminded, washing the plate for him. 

"It's not as easy as you think." Baekhyun said. He knew what Chanyeol meant. "I'm not sad anymore, if that's what you think." he retorted, his face started to gloom. "I just feel numb. I think Heeyoung and I did too much, said too much, felt too much, because now i just feel so empty." he slowly said. "I'm not making sense am I? I must be crazy."

Chanyeol was kept silent. "You lost your sister too. It must feel tragic." It's not like Chanyeol was insensitive, he was. But he missed his best friend. His best friend who wouldn't be sad, ever... until the accident happened. "It's not crazy. You're not crazy."

Baekhyun could tell Chanyeol felt really bad for bringing the subject up. "How's Luhan doing?"

"Well, I guess."

"Is he still head over heels for the girl?" 

"I'm not too sure, I guess we'll have to wait to see until his birthday party comes up."

Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow, "by we you mean you?"

"Oh come on, Baek!" Chanyeol leaned his head backwards and groaned, he couldn't just go to parties without his best friend. That would just be boring. "This is literally the 30th party you have said no to. Come on! This is Luhan we're talking about here. It used to be the three of us in high school."

"It's just the two of us now." Baekhyun said matter-of-factly. "Until America happened to him."

"You need to move on, Baekhyun. That was five years ago." Chanyeol shookbaekhyun's shoulders aggressively, looking directly into his eyes. "He thought he was in love, and he was wrong. We all make mistakes." Chanyeol's voice softened as he took his hands away fromBaekhyun's shoulders. "please come. trust me."


 

____________________________________________________________________________________
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo." Taeyeon bowed cheerfully. Her gleaming eyes showed off her excitement. She had just dyed her hair black again, but this time with pink streaks. She looked at her reflection on the window and squealed. "I've been wanting this hairstyle for ages." 

"It looks like you've got a pink crayonstuck in your hair." Jessica snorted. Taeyeon gave a playful glare. Jessica laughed and changed the subject quickly to please her best friend. "Is it permanent?"

"The black hair... yes, but the pink streaks are just extensions."Taeyeon took off her pink streaks bitterly. She looked around and whispered secretively, "don't tell my parents okay?"

"You're twenty five. You should be able to do whatever you want."Jessica insisted. "But fine- if it means that much to you, then I won't tell anyone." she nodded. Jessica will always listen to whatever Taeyeon demands her to. Not just because Taeyeon is slightly older but also because Jessica cherishesTaeyeon very much. Taeyeon is the only friend she has.Well,there is Suho. But Suho is complicated.

"You girls better get to work." snapped a man with a beard- named Mr. Jo. "You're late again Taeyeon." he passed to her a small cloth and her apron.

Jessica, who was previously filing her nails looking bored as usual, this time gives Mr Jo an annoyed sigh. "Why do we have to work anyway?" Jessica whined. She already had all the money in the world, and Taeyeon herself is pretty wealthy. "Oh right, because our parents think we're a pair of rebellious teen with nothing else better to do. We don't smoke, wedon't do drugs and half of us isn't even dating! I demand some freedom!" 

Taeyeon laughed at her best friend. Usually Taeyeon would see her daily complaint as an excuse because Jessica was always lazy, but this time Taeyeon agreed. They do need a little bit of freedom. They are old enough after all. She began tying her apron around her and walked over towardsthe bar table and scrubbed it gently, until she realised her fiance walking into the room. She wasn't surprised- as it was his bar after all. 

"scrub it good darling." he grinned, reaching for her hand and kissing her cheek gently. 

"you're here early." Taeyeon said- she wasn't sure if she meant it as a question or a statement. She continued wiping the tables.

"There will be a party held here this weekend so I'll need to work things out to make it perfect." He nodded. He greeted a smile towards Jessica and she responded with a nod. "You two will be working on that late night shift okay?"

Jessica groaned, which made Suho laugh.

"It won't be that bad, I promise you." Suho said again. "Trust me."

 


 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

 

Hey guys! This is just a short introduction of all the characters that you will see most often. I hopeyou like it so far. I kinda need to writea few more to finally get used to this story but i hope i'll loosen up! hehehe. Also please upvote and subscribe! andcomment which other SNSD + EXO pairings you like, i might consider them. Thank you! Ps please excuse the errors. Its prety late nd im tired.
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )