Strength.

The Art of Moving On

tumblr_mfami7VCdR1rne9qdo1_500.gif
                                                       Strength.

_________________________________

 

Post #146

Title : Strength.

Written by : Miss Anonymous

What is strength? Does it lie between your teeth when you try to suppress your feelings from pouring from your lips? or is strength trapped inside the drops of tears you finally spilled from years and years of grief? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica fondled with her keys as she stared at it blankly. She didn't know how to feel. She perfectly knew that Suho and Taeyeon were together since forever-- she didn't feel bad about it at all- she was never jealous before. But right when she found out that they were engaged, it felt like her whole world collapsed into a black hole. She didn't understand how it could happen. 

"I'm engaged to Taeyeon. I asked her the other night.... it took her a while to say yes but. Mm." she remembered him saying. "Congratulations." was all that she could reply.

She remembered how when she was fourteen, her first love took her ity and left her on his doorstep the next morning, and how her father was never home and her mother was always drinking. She remembers her next boyfriend that left town just to pursue his dream, -- and she knew that she wasn't his dream. She remembered how she failed her college entrance exam just because her mother was overdosed. And instead of comforting her, her dad bought her a car instead. "You don't have to go to college, sweetie, you've got me."

but she didn't have him, not really. he was always gone.

Maybe that was why she felt jealous of Taeyeon. Despite her parents divorce, at least Taeyeon's parents were still friends. Taeyeon had Sunny as a housemate, and Kyungsoo as a brother. Most of all, Taeyeon had Suho as someone she could turn to. 

Jessica only had Taeyeon.

It was time she made it right. She took her keys and walked out of the door. Minutes later she found herself driving towards the address Luhan gave her. To Krystal's college dorm.

As she arrived, it took her a few minutes for her to take a few deep breaths before knocking on the door. She finally did though, and Krystal finally opened the door with confusion on her face. "May I help you?"

"Krystal Jung... right?"

"Yes, that's me. May I know you...?"

"I'm Jessica Jung. I'm your sister."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or is strength his name you're trying to forget?

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ba..ekhyun, right?" Taeyeon smiled. Baekhyun smiled shyly and nodded. 

"I'm sorry-- about the..."

"No, don't apologise, please."  Taeyeon laughed. "You were drunk. It's understandable." 

They stood in silence for a while, not knowing what else to say to each other. Taeyeon was trying hard not to feel embarrassed or awkward, and he was trying his best not to give her a hug. 

"So... is Mrs. Do your grandmother?" he asked.

"N..no, my step-grandmother. I'm here with my stepbrother Kyungsoo. He'll be here in a few minutes. You're a photographer? I didn't know that."

"Well... I'm an artist, but taking photographs actually pays the bill, so." He nodded. "Speaking of photographs, will you be in the photoshoot today?"

"What? No! I'm here just visiting." Taeyeon blushed again. 

Grandmother Do sighed in frustration. "Stop flirting and let's get to business. Taeyeon, go grab a hanbok. I have plenty of them for you. Go now." she winked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon again, shook her head quickly to avoid any confusion. She was engaged-- she wasn't.. flirting. Not with Baekhyun anyway- he's merely a stranger.

As she walked out of the door in her hanbok, she saw Kyungsoo who was already there, talking to Baekhyun. They both turned their heads in awe. Taeyeon definitely looked good in pastels, especially with having skin as fair as hers. "You look good." Kyungsoo nodded. "But why are you wearing this?" 

"Apparently Mr Photographer wanted me to." Taeyeon said, glaring at Baekhyun playfully. Baekhyun grinned.

"I thought it'd be a nice touch."

They started their photoshoot soon afterwards, and of course, being the jealous boy that he was, Kyungsoo decided to join the photoshoot too. The three of them started to pose with Baekhyun's help. 

Taeyeon's phone began to ring, and it was Suho.

"Hey you. I was thinking maybe we should prepare- you know, wedding stuff today. How does lunch sound?"

"Oh, I... I can't. I'm at the old folks' with Kyungsoo. We sort of have a photoshoot."

"Oh." Suho said in a disappointed tone. "That's fine. We can catch up soon. I love you."

"Me too."

"You okay?" Baekhyun approached with his camera, smiling. 

"Yes. I'm okay." She said, nodding. "I... need to talk to you about something, later, whenever, if you have the time."

"Of course. I'll meet you at the cafe?"

"No, can it be somewhere else?"

"Sure, here's my number--"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does strength have a name?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol waited patiently for his friend Sehun, who insisted that he wanted them to meet. He was early, but only because he wanted to prepare his speech of apology, he sensed something was up, and Sehun probably knew about the time Krystal and Chanyeol were together. He didn't want his friend to be upset.

"Hyung."

"Sehun. You're here."

"Sorry I'm late... and I have to make it short.... Hyung..."

This was it, and Chanyeol knew it. Sehun was going to punch him in the face-- or worse, Sehun might kick him somewhere where it really hurt. But instead, Sehun grabbed Chanyeol's hand and gave him a hug. "I need your help."

"What is it?" Chanyeol asked nervously.

"It's Krystal... she has been sad lately and i know you were her friend. I'll be away for a week and I want you to make sure she's okay... Please? She means a lot to me."

It was weird to see him like this. Sehun was never like this before. Sehun was known for the strings of one night stands. So why her? why now? 

"Okay, I'll do it. For you."

"Thanks hyung I really owe you. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is strength the minutes and seconds of time you pretend you're okay?

----------------------------------------

Yuri locked up the cafe as the night ended. She looked around nervously to make sure no one was around. She'd prefer solitude. It was already 1.26 a.m, and she was already late to go home. She heard nothing but her own footsteps and dogs barking from a far distance. 

She walked towards her car and found that the windows were stained with red spraypaint.

"Murderer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

is strength your facade that you hide from others?

But are you strong enough for that? To hide underneath your own skin and to walk in the Sun knowing you're waiting for it to fall, so you could hide in the dark, because the darkness was where you thought you would belong?

Does strength have a name? Is it your name?

with love,- T