Two Moons

The Star

       Was it possible to die from happiness? When I felt Baekhyun's arms around me, I swear my soul left my body and my heart may or may not have stopped. Sadly my happiness was short-lived, he quickly let go his ears reddening,
"sorry" he muttered. I was still a little dead so I just smiled and waved it off.
"Where are we? And how did you do that?" Suho looked at me with frightened eyes.
"are you kidnapping us right now"
"what? Kidnapping you?" I laughed
"it's a nice thought, but no I'm not."
"you guys are still safe at home in your dorm" I reassured them
"it's Astral Projection. Your body is in a sleeplike state, and your 'astral body' or non physical body is transported elsewhere, completely safe. Don't worry"
I smiled at them trying to put them at ease, but they all looked pretty worried
"You can look around if you want, it's pretty cool"
No one moved a muscle. Shaking my head I walk over and grab Kris by the arm
"here watch you'll love this!" he looks over at the other boys, eyes begging for help
"don't let her take me" he whimpered.
"You're soo dramatic, just come on" I roll my eyes, pulling him to the glass doors leading to my balcony. I push them open and walk out dragging him behind me.

He gasps loudly walking tentatively to the balcony railing. I go to stand next to him, looking out at the infinite expanse of space, the milky way, the Earth, moons, and all the other stars lighting up the otherwise dark abyss. It was still amazing to me, even though it's was my home.
"WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Kris yells suddenly, scaring the crap out of me. He throws his fists in the air, a big goofy grin on his face.
"I belong here…GALAXY I'm home!! Hyungs get out here it's amazing!" he beckons the others over excitedly. He dances around as he's joined by the rest. Everyone starts to get over their initial shock and begin to chat animatedly to each, pointing at nearby planets and star clusters, and laughing at Kris and Chanyeol rapping Two Moons.
Luhan comes over to stand by me.
"This is really cool Shira, I know I should be really freaked out bu-"
"Nashira!" he's cut off by a loud voice. Everyone goes quiet as they turn towards the voice. Standing in the doorway was my sister Giedi.
She strides over to me and reaches to grab my wrist, only for her hand to go straight through. She lets out a sob as she sinks to her knees.
"I knew it was to good to be true." she wipes her tears, collects herself, and stands raising her chin.
"why are you here?" I can't meet her eyes, a sharp pang of guilt shoots through me.
"they didn't believe me when I told them who and what I was, so I had Miri project us here"
"Humans aren't supposed to know of our existence. Or are you to dumb to remember that"
"I had no choice! How was I supposed to explain where I'm from or why I have these stupid wings?" I yell back
Giedi looks at me surprised
"you have wings"
"Yeah I have wings." I turn around angrily and my wings spread open fully, flapping once before settling back down against my back.
"And I have no idea why. I need to somehow get in touch with Hydrus And ask him about this"
Giedi laughed coldly
"Hydrus. Do not think he is your ally, sister. He just used you."
She turned her back to me.
"If you want to talk to him follow me, he turned himself in after sending you to Earth, He said he 'wanted a front row seat to the chaos that's to come'"
"What's that mean" I asked but she ignored me and continued walking. I turn to the boys beckoning them to follow.

They speedwalk to catch up to us. Baekhyun reached my side. He touched my arm. "Hey what was that all about? Who's that" he whispered.
"That’s the Alpha star, my sister Giedi."
She lightly turns her head at the mention of her name, acknowledging Baekhyun with a slight nod of her head. He bowed back and slowed down to tell the others.
Giedi took us down the big spiral staircase leading to the prisoner's chambers. She scanned her hand on the wall and a door appeared in front of her. We walk passed rows of empty frosted glass jail cells until we get to the last one. there were two guards on duty,
"you may leave for the time being" they bow and head towards the door.
"He's all yours." Geidi crossed her arms as the frosted glass cleared revealing Hydrus.
He smiled at me, flashing those sharp teeth. His cloak having been replaced with the white jumper prisoners were required to wear,

I could see his face clearly. He was frightening, his face was covered in scales that gave off an iridescent shine. He had sunken yellow eyes and vertical slit pupils.
"Gamma it's so nice to see you again. I see you rescued your little…humans" he smiled wider, it really did meet his ears. Tao whimpered a bit hiding behind Chen.
"yeah, I did thank you."
"Oh nooo, thank YOU"
"What do you mean by that?" I ask. Fear began to creep inside me. He just continued smiling at me, not blinking.
"Answer me!" he laughed
"I'm sure your Alpha can fill you in on the important parts" I looked over at her and she nodded in a grim line.
"Ok what about these wings" I point to my back.
"what you don't like my little surprise? I thought it was only fitting for my little angel of death"
"your sick" Giedi spat out she was seething you could see her hands slightly glowing
"Don't worry they'll go away they are only temporary. They were just a little initiative for them to bring you inside. If not they probably would have left you out there."
"what are you talking about?! How do I get back!?" I was getting frustrated instead of giving me answers he was only making me more confused
"Now what would be the fun in that if I just told you everything, There is a way, you just have to figure it out on your own. You're smart I'm sure you'll figure it out." the way he said it sounded like he was mocking me, I've had enough.
"I'm done talking to you. Enjoy rotting here" I my heel, walking towards the door.
"Good luck little Gamma, you better hurry times ticking." He continued laughing as Giedi hid him from view.

Exo followed me out and back up the stairs
"That was so scary" Tao said pouting when we got back to my room. "I just want to go home"
I nodded
"ok just a second let me talk to my sister real fast and we can go back." Giedi was waiting for me outside my door.
I closed the door behind me
"So why did he thank me for rescuing Exo?"
"He wasn't thanking you for rescuing them. He was thanking you for leaving." she cleared
"Our constellation is collapsing, when you left the link between all of us and the other stars was weakened, it's slowly breaking down we don't have the strength to keep it intact without you." Giedi looked down wiping the tears from her eyes.
My legs gave out, I sunk to my knees, tears welling in my eyes
"I-I didn't know I swear! I'm so sorry I didn't know" I covered my face with my hands sobbing.
My sister knelt down beside me, she tried to wrap her arms around me but her hands just passed through me.
I started crying harder, I was so selfish, I only thought about myself. Never thinking of the consequences, I still didn't regret going though, which me feel worse.
"Shhh, it's ok Shira We'll find a way to get you back. I promise we'll find a way. Just go back to Earth with Exo and enjoy your time while you can because you won't get another chance" she laughed as she tried to wipe my tears with no success
"I keep forgetting, it's so weird not having you here. Just remember that I love you and I'll see you soon. Now go, I'll be in touch"
"I Love you too" I wiped my face taking a deep breath. She was right we'd find a way, We had to. I stood up and went back into my room.
"Alright, you guys ready?" I could tell they knew I had been crying, they nodded solemnly. I pulled out myP.C.C
"Miri take us back please"

 

 

 

 

 

A/N*

another chapter down! wooo :) Aaanndd I narrowed down who I think will be the love interest so yay for that! Also to give you kind of an image of what Shira's world is like everything is basically white and silver, opal, crystal, diamonds, iridescent stuff like that lol.
anyways thanks for reading!