....because I want you to be happy.

Maybe

CHAPTER SIX

Sehun stood up and stuttered. "I..It's nothing. Just...someone." His heart was pounding so hard that he was starting to wonder if they can hear it too.
Kai bristled and glared at Kris. "Are you acting like you don't know or do you actually not know?" Kyungsoo grabbed his arm but he shook it off. "No, he needs to know." Sehun ran to Kai and grabbed his arm. "Please, Kai. Not now. Please." He looked pleadingly at Kai and whispered. "Tao. I don't know what will happen to him if the truth comes out. I can wait. Really. I'm fine."
Kai looked at him and smirked. "Fine? FINE? You are NOT fine!" He strode to Kris and nudged him in the chest with a finger. "I know what happened five years ago was a trauma. Not just for you, but for your family and Sehun's as well." Kai nudged Kris again, this time, more aggresively. "But that doesn't mean that they don't deserve happiness! Or you for chrissake!"
Kai made a disgusted noise. "What? You want your younger brother to suffer with you? What the kind of broth---" Kris slammed a fist in Kai's face. 
Jaw tight with anger, he spoke slowly and clearly. "Who the are you to talk to me like that?" Kyungsoo rushed to Kai's side and slapped Kai on the back of his head. It would have been funny if the situation was different.
Sehun cleared his throat and managed a weak smile. "Hyung, I'm sorry. It was just a misunderstanding. I think Kai just misunderstood something." Sehun chuckled cautiously. "And I think he drank too much soju today." Kai glared at him and snorted, but thankfully stayed quiet. 
Kris looked at him with sympathy and sighed. He walked to the garden chair where Sehun sat and sat there with his head in his hands. His shoulders dropped and he looked up at Sehun. "I know. About you and Tao. I know." 
Sehun felt his knees buckle and he sat on the grass. He looked quizically at Kris. "But that doesn't make sense. Why didn't you say anything?" 
"Because I want the both of you to be happy." He glared at Kai. "Contrary of what other people say." Kai looked down guiltily and Kyungsoo hit his head again. Kai glared at Kyungsoo, but he smiled and winked at him.
Sehun smiled and watched Kris' reaction to the lovebirds. He was amused, but there was something else in his eyes.....longing. He started to see Kris and his own older brother in a whole different light. He now understood how they must've felt. 
He started to say something when he heard the door open. It was Tao.