Brooding & Moping

Letting Go & Holding On

 

Aaaaaawh thank you very much for the upvotes, subs, comments, and basically taking your precious time to read this fic <3 

I'm thankful :) 

 

 


 

 

Tiffany’s

           

            She didn’t come back. The morning came and she didn’t come back. Where did she sleep last night? I knew she didn’t bring her cellphone or wallet since she literally stormed out without grabbing anything.

            I sent texts to Sooyung and Hyomin asking if she spend the night at their places. They replied with a ‘no’ and a ‘why?’. I didn’t reply them back and started to worry a little bit.

            Did she go back to her hometown? But she didn’t bring any money with her, did she?

            Hyomin sent me another text, asking what’s going on but I ignored it also.

            I sat on the couch, pulling my knees close to me and just stared ahead, not knowing what to do.

            My cellphone was ringing, indicating an incoming call. It was Sooyoung. I considered rejecting the call, but ended up tapping the green icon.

            “Fany-ah? What’s wrong? Why did you ask me if Taeyeon is here or not?

            I cleared my throat, “Because I don’t know where she is.”

            “What?” she asked in confusion, “How come you don’t know where she is? Weren’t you guys together yesterday?

            It stabbed me a little bit.

            “I had an urgent meeting yesterday.” I said softly.

            I heard her letting out a sigh, “So you didn’t spend the day with her?

            “No.”

            “And then what happened?

            “We got into a huge fight and she left.”

            She let out another sigh, “Did you try calling her?

            “She didn’t bring her cellphone.”

            She was quiet for a moment before she finally spoke again, “I’ll try asking our colleagues then.”

            “Thanks, Sooyoung-ah.”

            “Don’t mention it. I’ll call you again later.”

            “Wait! Can I ask you something, Soo?”

            “What is it?

            “Did she tell you about..... how busy I am lately?”

            She didn’t answer me right away although I kind of knew what her answer would be, “Yes. She couldn’t stop complaining how busy you are these days.

            “Why didn’t she tell me about it?”

            “She said you already had a lot on your mind.” Sooyoung answered.

            “Oh.”

            “Look, that kid loves you too much, Fany-ah. She won’t leave you for real. She just needs time to clear her mind I think. So don’t worry, okay?

            I nodded absentmindedly, “Okay.”

            “I’ll call you as soon as I know where she is.

            “Thanks again, Sooyoung-ah.”

            I hang up the cellphone.

            I did neglect her because of my job, didn’t I?

 

 

Taeyeon’s               

           

            I woke up in an unfamiliar couch. I stretched and yawned before I sat up. I was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

            “Noona, you’re awake?”

            I saw Kibum in his pajamas, with messy hair, looking very different from the way he looked at the office. 

            I smiled teasingly, “Who knew the dandy Kibum could look like this as well.”

            He made a face, “You’re not so much of a sleeping beauty either, Noona.” He retorted and went to his kitchen.

            He was meeting up with his friend near my neighborhood when we suddenly met at the train station last night.

            I asked him if I could crash on his place and he’s a little bit taken aback by it. But nevertheless he said I could and even offered me his bed. I declined since letting me stay here was already enough. Thankfully he didn’t pry and asked why the sudden sleep over. It’s pretty late last night when we met so we didn’t talk much and went to sleep immediately.

            I got up from the couch and folded the blanket and put it on top of the pillow Kibum lends me. After that I went to the bathroom to do my morning business. Kibum had prepared a small towel and new toothbrush for me to use. I was so grateful to meet him last night.

            I went to the kitchen after I did my morning business to find the sleepy looking Kibum eating his cereal with cellphone on one hand.

            “Kibum-ah, thank you very much for letting me crash here last night.”

            “No problem, Noona. Do you want some cereal? Sorry I don’t have anything else for breakfast.”

            “It’s fine. I love cereal.”

            He got up to take a bowl from the cabinet and pour cereals with milk on it.

            We sat across each other and he held his cellphone again.

            “Sooyoung Noona asked me if I saw you last night.” He said while munching on his cereal.

            “What did you say to her?”

            “I haven’t reply to her.” He showed me his cellphone.

            “You can tell her.” I said and began eating my cereal.

            “Okay.”

            Did Sooyoung ask Kibum because Tiffany’s looking for me?

            We ate our breakfast in silence after Kibum sent a reply to Sooyung.

            “So, do you want to talk about it, Noona?” Kibum asked hesitantly.

            “Talk about what?” I asked back nonchalantly.

            “Why you’re here on a Sunday morning? Crashing on my couch and not on your girlfriend’s bed?”

            “I’m fine, Kibum-ah. I just need to.... clear my mind a bit.” I gave him a small smile.

            He looked at me unsurely. I diverted my gaze to my bowl and continued eating.

            “Okay. But, you know you can tell me anything, right Noona? I’m here for you.” I looked up at him again and he said it in all earnestly.

            I smiled more sincerely this time, “Thank you, Kibum-ah.”

            We resumed our breakfast with him telling me about his shopping spree yesterday and he met up with his friend afterwards near my neighborhood. That’s why he’s at the station that late last night.

            After we finished our breakfast, I decided to go to Sooyoung’s because I didn’t want to disturb Kibum anymore than I should. I called her from Kibum’s cellphone and she sounded worried. Thankfully she didn’t have any plan for today. So I borrowed some money from Kibum before I left his apartment and headed off to Sooyoung’s.

            My mind was still in a haze and my heart was still in rage so ‘home’ was not really the best option to go to right now.

           

                                      

Tiffany’s

 

            She didn’t come home for two nights. Sooyung told me yesterday that Taeyeon came to her place and stayed there. She said that Taeyeon just needed some time to clear her mind.

            She needed time away from me, didn’t she?

            It hurt to know that your loved one actually needed time without you around. It hurt.

            I spent Sunday with brooding over what happened and I couldn’t deny that it’s my fault. I neglected her. I didn’t even notice that she missed me and those two nights she spent not in our apartment made me realized that I missed her too. I was too focus on my work that I began to take her for granted.

            Nevertheless, she didn’t have to blow up and left like that. She could’ve just told me about it. She shouldn’t have left. She shouldn’t.

            The train came to a halt and it snapped me out from my thoughts. I got out from the train and walked to my office building. As much as I want to curl up on my bed and brood again, unfortunately I had an important meeting today. I honestly wanted to call in sick, but the CEO himself sent me a text, reminding me of today’s morning meeting and telling me to be ready for it.

            The meeting came and went just like that. Thankfully I could focus enough to answer the questions directed to me. But my thoughts were definitely not in there today. It went to the possibility and fear of Taeyeon would never return.

            I stayed until past office hour, but this time, I did it not because I had work to do. I just didn’t want to come back to an empty apartment.

            A knock suddenly heard from the glass door. I could see the CEO’s head and he opened the door.

            “Still here, Miss Hwang?” he asked with a smile and went inside my room.

            “Yeah.” I gave him a stiff smile back, “Need anything, Sir?”

            He stared at me and didn’t say anything.

            “Sir?”

            “Are you okay?” 

            “Huh? I’m okay.” I answered amidst my confusion.

            “You didn’t seem like yourself at today’s meeting.” He said and I got embarrassed. I should’ve act more professional.

            “I’m sorry, Sir. I shouldn’t get distracted. I promise I won’t be like that again.” I couldn’t believe that I let personal things affect my work.

            “What? No, no! You were great, Miss Hwang. Even the higher ups told me that they like you. It’s just to me, you seemed a little bit off. Are you sick?”

            “No, Sir. I’m perfectly healthy.”

            “That’s good. But I know something’s bothering you, Tiffany.” He used my first name to show his sincerity. “So why don’t you go home early tonight? I bet your work for today is done and honestly speaking, you don’t need to work overtime every day.”

            He smiled again and I didn’t know what to say.

            “I care about my subordinates, Miss Hwang. And I’m grateful that you put so much effort for this company, but seriously, you need to cut back on work.” He chuckled, “Weird to hear that from a CEO, huh?”

            I couldn’t help to smile, “You’re one great CEO, Oppa.”

            “Why, thank you.” He stopped and smiled before he opened his mouth again, “Well I don’t want to see you go home after me. I’m the last person to go home from this office, Miss Hwang.” He pointed to himself and tried to look stern.

            I smiled, “Sir, yes, Sir.”

            “So go home now. You hear me? I’ll see you tomorrow, Fany-ah.”

            “Okay, Oppa.”

            He went out from my room after that and I let out a sigh. My smile was gone. Just when I needed to avoid home........

 

            I came to yet an empty apartment. I hated this. Nights before, when I came home and Taeyeon already went to bed, I could still snuck inside her bed and held her in my arms. But now.......

            I went to her room and stood at the door. I observed her room and noticed her bag was not where she usually put it. Did she come home to take her stuff while I’m at the office?!

            I instantly went to her wardrobe and opened it.

            Her clothes were still there. I looked around again, and realized nothing’s missing.

            She’s not leaving me for good.

           

           

            Well not yet at least.

            I sat on her bed and the fear of her never coming home gnawed at me again.