Let's End It With Love

Letting Go & Holding On

 

Hi, guys! I want to thank you for reading this story. Furthermore, thank you very much who subscribed, upvoted, and commented :D 

I am forever grateful :) thank you very much and I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!

 

p.s. there will be an epilogue ;) 

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon’s

 

Come home to me?

            Those words made me want to run back to our apartment. I read the message again and felt a pang on my heart. I shouldn’t leave this long. I noticed the time she sent me was last night.

            I my cellphone at work because I left my charger at Sooyoung’s. I just charged it and turned it on when she gave me my charger this morning. I stayed at one of the cheap hotel near the office last night. I knew she said I could stay as long as I want, but it’s getting uncomfortable for me staying at her place for more than 3 nights.

            Sooyoung insisted I stayed with her, but I told her I just needed to be really with myself. She relented after telling me for umpteenth time not to do anything stupid. She and Hyomin kept telling me that and told me to patch things up with Tiffany. Hyomin called me late at night on Wednesday. She told me how miserable Tiffany was. My heart got softer after hearing that, but it was not enough to make me believe that she truly cares.

            Not until that text she sent me. In all honesty, I missed her terribly. I wanted to go home to our apartment every day after work was over. But the one thing that prevented me to do so was the thought of her still being a workaholic and nothing changed. What if I came home and she pretended like nothing happen?

            She did ask my whereabout on Tuesday, but I didn’t really put it into consideration. I thought of it only as a formality. But when Hyomin told me how heartbroken she was and then came that kind of text from her, I truly believe that she knew I left because of something we need to work at.

            So on Friday evening, I went back to our apartment. Once I stepped inside, I inhaled deeply. This was home. I went to my room and saw my bed was a little bit messy not like I left it.

            Did she sleep on my bed?

            I put my stuff away and went to her room. Indeed, her bed looked like it hadn’t been sleep on for nights.

            I started to regret leaving her for days. Was what Sooyoung said true? She was hurting too?

            I went back to my room and took my cellphone from my bag. I reread her last text again and felt stupid. What was I thinking? She must’ve been hurting too. I didn’t even give her chance to say anything that Saturday night. I just left.

            My cellphone suddenly buzzed, indicating an incoming text. I opened it and felt guiltier than ever. It was from Tiffany:

When are you coming home?

            I typed a reply as fast as I can:

I am home.

 

 

Tiffany’s

           

            I got a reply instantly and I almost choked. She was home? I read the text over and over again, making sure it was really from her and the context was real.

            The subway couldn’t be any faster, could they? I was very anxious and still couldn’t believe she reply to my text like that. She’s really home? Home as in our apartment, right? Or maybe she mistook my question. Maybe she thought I meant her family home in her hometown?

            I suppress the urge to send another text and just waited until I got home to see if she’s really there or not.

            I almost broke into a run when the subway stopped at the station. My heart beat faster when I arrived at my apartment building. I jabbed the elevator button repeatedly.

            I calmed myself down on the elevator and tried to fix my hair a little bit. I walked as calmly as I could when the elevator door opened on my floor. I entered the passcode to our apartment and went inside.

            The light was already on. She’s really home.    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            As soon as she stepped inside the living room, their gaze met. For a whole minute, neither said anything or even move from their spot. One was standing awkwardly and one was sitting uptight on the couch.

            "Hi...." the girl on the couch finally broke the silence albeit said it awkwardly.

            Tiffany tried to keep her emotion at bay and took a seat at the end of the couch, trying to create distance. Both didn't know what to say and they didn't look at each other. They stared at the black screen of the TV instead.

            "I'm.... so.... mad at you." Tiffany was the one who finally took the initiative to speak and she couldn't seem to keep it together much longer.

            Taeyeon turned her head to look at her guiltily and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

            But Tiffany kept her eyes forward, "I hate you for leaving like that. I'm so mad at you." Tears were starting to brim on her eyes, "but..... it was my fault after all and... I.... I miss you so much."

            "Fany-ah..."

            The sound of her name from Taeyeon’s mouth sounded so gentle that she couldn’t take it anymore. She finally turned around to face her and tears started to spill.

            "I'm s-sorry. I'm sorry for neglecting you, and... and taking you f-for granted." she wiped her wet cheeks, "I'm sorry for putting my job before you. I'm.. I'm r-really sorry."

            Taeyeon scooted closer and put her palms on her cheeks, wiping away the remaining tears with her thumbs. But the gesture made Tiffany cried harder.

            Taeyeon grabbed a tissuebox from the table and gave it to the crying girl who took it and wiped her wet cheeks.  

            "I'm the one who should apologize.” She started to speak once Tiffany calmed down, “It’s very childish of me. I should've understood you better and talk about it rather than being angry at you like that.” She paused, “And about your boss. I know you don’t have any feelings towards him. I trust you. But I was..... I was missing you too much and add jealousy to that.....” she heaved a sigh, “I'm really really sorry and I'm also sorry for leaving, but I just... needed some time to think."

            Tiffany sniffed, "What... what's the conclusion of your thinking then?" she asked.

            She looked at her again, "The conclusion is... my life without you. Even if I could only see you for 5 seconds every day, it's way better than not being able to see you at all. So......... I........ well... I know your job is important-"

            She cut her off, "No, you're more important to me than my job! I’m sorry I made you think otherwise. I'm really sorry. I'm-" she started to cry again.

            "Hey, hey, why are you crying again? Don't cry." She took a tissue and wiped away the tears that started to spill on her face.

            "I... I just.. don't want.... you to leave again.” She stopped speaking to calm herself down. Once she did, she started to speak again, “I love you so much. You know that, right?"

            "I know. I love you too. Very very much." she smiled, "I'm just saying that from now on, I'll be more understanding towards you."

            "You won't leave?"

            "I won't. Ever again."

            "Promise?" she held up her pinky.

            She chuckled at the cute sight, "Promise." she intertwined it.

            "Good. Then I promise not to be a workaholic anymore."

            "Good." she lowered their intertwined pinkies but didn't let go.

            They looked at each other. Taeyeon put her free hand on Tiffany’s cheek, caressing it with her thumb, “I shouldn’t leave like that. I’m sorry again.”

            “Apology accepted. Can we just kiss and make up now?”

            Taeyeon laughed and that made her girlfriend laughed along too, "You don't even need to ask."

            Tiffany gave her infamous smile and leaned in.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s

           

            I felt something, someone, invading my personal space. I peeked with one eye and greeted by an eye-smile. I closed my eye again.

            “Are you watching me sleep?” I asked in a raspy voice.

            “Yes.” She answered.

            I asked again without opening my eyes, “Why?”

            The answer came in a whisper, “Because I admire you.”

            I couldn’t help but smile, “That’s my line.”

            She giggled, “Fine, I change my answer then.” It was silence for a second and I was about to sleep again when I heard her voice, “Because I adore you.”

            I huffed, “That’s almost the same thing.”

            “But it’s the truth.”

            I just hummed in reply. No matter how much I love this random conversation, but I was still drowsy. I almost enter my slumber again when I felt a finger tracing my face.

            “You’re not going to wake up?” she whispered.

            I wanted to snap at her not letting me sleep in peace, but the soft touches and husky whisper prevent me.

            I groaned instead and asked her still with closed eyes, “What time is it?”

            “8-ish.”

            I opened my eyes and shot her an annoyed glare, “Then I could still sleep. It’s Saturday!” I swatted her hand from my face and closed my eyes again.

            She grabbed my hand and laced our fingers.

            “Tae?”

            I purposely ignored her.

            “Taetaetaetaetaetaetaetae~”

            Still ignoring.

            “Wanna go to amusement park?”

            That successfully made me open my eyes and she displayed her infamous smile again.  

            “You want to go to amusement park?”

            “Yes. With you.”

            That’s a little bit out of the blue, “Why?”

            “We haven’t been there since ages and we’re going to spend the day together, right?”

            “Yeah, but I thought you want to spend it by lazing around at home.”

            “No, I want to go to amusement park with you.”

            I furrowed my brows in confusion. I bet she had a tiring week from work and usually, Saturdays would be spend by staying at home. She wouldn’t even awake at this time on a weekend before!

            “Why?” it seemed that’s the only word I could utter right now.

           

            A never endless eye-smile, an always-intriguing husky voice.

           

            “Because it’s your happy place.”

 

            A twinkle on her eyes.

            And I knew, my old girlfriend was back. The obsessive-workaholic girlfriend was gone for good.

            I brought our joint hands to my lips and kissed it.

            “Amusement park is not my happy place.” I said with a smile. Sleep had gone completely.

            “Yes it is.”

            “No it’s not.”

            She frowned, “Well where do you want to go then? What’s your happy place?”

            “Wherever you are.” I grinned.            

            “That’s so cheesy!” she slapped my shoulder and the smile came back to her face.

            I laughed and grabbed both of her wrists, “Being with you in amusement park would be the happiest place ever.”

            I pushed her down on the bed and lay on top of her.

            She grinned, “Let’s go then.”

            I leaned down and kissed her, “We still have time. Let’s go to our happy place first.”