Failed Attempt

Letting Go & Holding On

 

Hi, guys. I know it's a difficult time for us, sone. but be strong, okay? and please don't give up on them. I still support Jessica Jung Sooyeon and 8 others despite everything. 

 

Be strong, sone!!!!!

 


 

 

Tiffany’s

 

            It was another tiring day at the office and I instantly slept once my head touched the pillow. 

             I turned to my side and scooted closer to her, wanting to feel her warmth. I felt an arm around my torso and snuggled to her. I inhaled her scent but strangely, it didn't smell like her.

            I realized her arm was heavier than usual.

            I put my palm on her bare stomach and..... there's abs? I glided my palm upwards to her chest and there's..... nothing there! It was hard and flat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            I gasped and woke up from my dream.

            What the hell was that?! I looked around and I was alone on my bed. It was a weird and bad dream. It was a nightmare. I sat up and checked the time on my cellphone. It was way past midnight.

            I lied back down and tried to get back to sleep but I couldn't. That dream left me a bitter feeling.

            I got up and went out from my room. I needed my Taeyeon. I opened her door very quietly, afraid to wake her and peeked. She was sleeping peacefully on her bed. I tiptoed to her bed and slipped inside the blanket as stealthily as I could.

            I guessed I wasn't stealthy enough because she turned to me and mumbled half-consciously, "Fany-ah?"

            "Yes, it's me. Go back to sleep." I inched closer and put her arm around me. Now this felt right. She just hummed and went back to sleep.

            I snuggled closer and inhaled. Yep, that's the scent I was looking for. I put my hand inside her loose t-shirt and pressed my palm on her stomach. It was flat and no abs. I felt relieved. My hand went higher and...... yes there it is. Soft and-

            "What are you doing?"

            I got startled and pulled my hand out from her t-shirt. I looked up at her and she squinted at me.

 

            Damn it!

 

            "N-nothing." this was embarrassing.

            "Did you just wake me up in the middle of the night to have y time with me?"

            I was blushing, hard. Well it's not her fault to think like that. I couldn't even explain my own action to myself. "What?! N-"

            Suddenly she flipped our bodies and I was trapped under her.

            She gave me a peck and said in a low voice, "Because I don't mind at all."

            Next thing I knew, her body pressed against mine and her lips were the only thing I could feel. 

 

                             

Taeyeon’s

 

            I woke up to yet another empty bed. But it didn’t really bother me because I had a great time last night. Wait, was it early morning? I giggled to myself remembering what we did. That girl could still surprise me sometimes.

            She could make me feel a lot of things, from irked, angry, worried, sad, happy, exhilarated, contented, and many other emotions. 

            She got me wrapped around her fingers and I didn’t mind it the slightest.

            She’s still as busy as ever and I haven’t talked about everything that’s bothering me but it was actually our anniversary today. Was that why she came to my room very early in the morning? We actually did it on our anniversary day if I thought about it.

            I couldn’t help to smile even wider. I took my cellphone from my bedside table and sent her a text:

Come home early tonight?

            I held on my cellphone and hoped a reply to come soon. But after minutes waiting, my cellphone didn’t buzz and I needed to get ready to work. I heaved a sigh, knowing she’s already busy at work. So I put my cellphone back on the bedside table and went to shower.

            I was staring at my cellphone over breakfast. I considered texting her again, but I was afraid it would annoy her. I resulted in waiting patiently for her reply instead. I went to work and hoped she would reply soon. 

            It was almost lunchtime when she finally reply my text and it was really simple:

I’ll try.

            I was really under her spell, wasn’t I? I got excited over that simple phrase. Well who could blame me? I was head over heels with her and today’s our anniversary!

            When lunchtime came, I sat as usual with my friends and I started to ask Sooyoung.

            “Soo, what’s the most romantic dish ever?”

            “That’s a weird question. Is there a romantic dish?” Noeul said.

            “Of course there is!” Sooyoung answered excitedly.

            Kibum chuckled seeing Sooyoung eager’s answer, “Queen of food.”

            “But before I tell you, I must know why.” Sooyoung said.

            “I want to cook something for Fany. It’s our anniversary today.” I answered with a big smile plastered on my face.

            “Wow, congrats!”

            “Aaawh, Taeyeon Noona is very romantic.”

            “Didn’t you cook for her all the time?” Sooyoung asked.

            “Yeah that’s why I want to cook something special & romantic for tonight.”

            “Made it candle-light dinner, Taeyeon-ah.” Noeul suggested.

            “Oh! And strew rose petals around your apartment!”

            “No worries, I already think about it. So how about that romantic dish?”

            Sooyoung told me about all kind of dishes that considered romantic while Noeul and Kibum gave me suggestion on how to make it more special.    

 

             

 

Tiffany’s

           

            Taeyeon asked me to come home early tonight and I really wanted to. Last night was amazing, we haven’t had that ‘intimacy’ in quite some time I guessed.

            I tried to finish everything quickly, but it seemed I couldn’t be earlier because when I looked at the time, it’s way past the usual working hours. But it’s a little bit earlier than the other nights. So it’s still counted as early, right?

            Taeyeon didn’t call too many times tonight. She must’ve known it annoys me. I smiled to myself, glad to have such an understanding girlfriend.

            I was about to shut down my laptop when suddenly the CEO came into my office.

            “Ms. Hwang, you’re still here?”

            I realized he didn’t have his briefcase with him and he looked a bit expectant. He wanted to discuss something with me, didn’t he?

            “Yes, Sir. What can I do for you?”

            “Well I need to discuss something with you.”

            This wouldn’t take too long, right?

            “Okay, Sir.”

 

            I came home very late that night. The CEO was trying to solve problems using new methods for the company and I guessed time flew by without me noticing.

            I just remembered that Taeyeon was asking me to come home earlier when I saw her fast asleep on the couch. I didn’t have the heart to wake her up since she looked so peaceful. So I took a blanket and about to drape it on her body when something caught my eyes. She was holding a lighter.

            I cocked my eyebrows, wondering why did she have it on her hand. I took the lighter carefully and put it on the table. There’s an unlit little candles on it and that was unusual. We didn’t put candles there. I observed my surrounding and saw traces of rose petals leading to the kitchen.

            I got up and went to the kitchen to be utterly surprise. Rose petals were everywhere and the table was set so nicely with candles.  

            Right there and then, I just realized that today was our anniversary.                    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s

 

            I woke up feeling sore all over my body, but warm. I stretched and realized I was sleeping on the couch. I was warm because somebody covered me with a blanket. It was Tiffany for sure.

            Last night was an epic fail. I guessed I was tired from work and also preparing everything that I fell asleep on the couch while waiting for her. It’s not really her fault though, since I didn’t tell her that I prepared a romantic dinner for our anniversary. But........ did she forget our anniversary? She really couldn’t come home earlier even though it’s our anniversary?

            Bitterness started to seep in. I sat up and stared blankly ahead.

            Did she really forget?

            I wanted to shout my disappointment but it wouldn’t do any good. Maybe it’s time to finally tell her that I miss her love and attention? To at least spend a day with me without the disturbance of her job?

            While I was in the midst of my own thoughts, I saw a little black box on the table and a card on top of it.

            I took it and read the contents:

Happy belated anniversary, love! I’m sorry I didn’t come home early last night :( I saw what you did and thank you for that. To make up for it, how about we spend the weekend together? The whole two days. I promise. Okay?

I love you

            Well at least she didn’t forget our anniversary date. I put the card and opened the little box. Inside was a watch. An expensive branded one.

            Well at least she gave me something. I picked up the card and read it again. Spend the whole weekend together?

            Well at least she wanted to make up for it.

            How could I have the talk when she’s being like this?

 

            “Noona, how did last night go?” Kibum asked just when I put the tray of food on the table.

            “She came home late and I fell asleep.” I answered trying not to sound sad.

            Sooyoung threw me a look.

            “That’s too bad.” Noeul commented.

            “But you did the rose, candles, and everything?” Kibum asked again.

            “Yep.”

            The table grew quiet.

            I sensed sympathetic expression on their faces, “Hey, it’s fine. I’m fine. She told me she’ll make up for it on the weekend.”   

            “Are you sure you’re fine, Taeng?” Sooyoung asked.

            “I am.” I picked up my chopsticks.

            Everybody didn’t say anything again and I looked up to see them still looking back at me.

            “I’m seriously fine, guys. Didn’t you hear me? She’s going to make it up to me.” I tried to smile and I think it came out as a stiff one, but still a smile.

            I started to eat again and they did too, but the air was still awkward, so I decided to talk about something else.

            “What do you guys have planned out for the weekend?”

            “I think I’m just going to bummed out at home.” Kibum said.

            “I’m going shopping with my roommate! I heard there’s going to be a big sale this weekend.” Noeul said excitedly, getting my point to divert the topic.

            “Really? Where, Noona?”

            “At the new mall that just opened last week.”

            “Hmm shall I go shopping too?”

            “You shall. I see you’re running out of shirts. You wore this last week, didn’t you?” Sooyoung said.

            Kibum gasped, “I definitely need to go shopping!”

            I smiled and the other two laughed.

            “What you’re going to do on the weekend, Sooyoung-ah?” Noeul asked Sooyoung.

            “I actually wanted to ask Taeyeon here to hang out with our other housemates. But she has a plan already and Hyomin probably prefer hanging out with Soonkyu. So I guessed I’m the one who’s going to bummed out at home.” Sooyung said while munching on her food.

            “Aaaaawh, we could hang out next week? Come to the apartment. It’s been a long time since you’re there, right?” I told Sooyoung.

            “That would be nice! We should do a potluck, Taeng.”

            I scoffed, “You won’t bring anything but eat everything.”

            “Isn’t that the point of a potluck?” she said cheekily.

            “Noona is such a shikshin.” Kibum pretended to sigh and shook his head.

            We continued to eat and laughed. I slowly began to get over the failure of last night and looked forward for tomorrow instead.

            Everything will be just fine.

 

 

Tiffany’s

           

            I remember our anniversary date clearly, that’s why I already bought the present online weeks before. But yesterday was a little bit hectic at work and I forgot what day it was. I didn’t forget, it just skipped my mind. 

            I came home expecting her still waiting up for me, but she’s not in the living room or the kitchen. She didn’t wait up for me, did she?

            She sent me a text this morning, expressing her gratitude towards my gift and said it’s fine. But she didn’t call me at all. I got a little bit worried, but when I entered my bedroom, I saw a small pink heart shaped box and a similar card I gave to her leaned on the box. I picked up the card and it said:

Happy belated anniversary~ can’t wait for the weekend! Love you too

            That erased the worries I have. She’s not mad, right? I opened the box and saw a pretty necklace inside that made me smile. I put it back on my bedside table and took a shower.

            I came back to my room, ready to sleep, but then I saw her cute gift. Even with the box, she could be very cheesy and yet attentive, since she chose my favorite color. I opened the box again and wore the necklace.

            I put the box along with the card on my drawer safely. After that I went to her room and sneaked inside the cover.

            She had her back on me and I guessed she’s already deep in sleep since she didn’t even stirred. I hugged her from behind and went into slumber myself.