Let's Start With Love

Letting Go & Holding On

 

Hi guys! So this is the first chapter :) I hope you guys will enjoy it! Thank you so much for those who already subscribed even when I haven't posted the first chapter yet. Seriously, thaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Oh, this story won't be a long one. Probably only 10-ish chapters~ 

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon’s

 

            I heard the front door was open and, “I’m home! Taeyeon-ah, where are you?”

            I unconsciously smiled, “In the kitchen!”

            I was putting a bowl of rice on the table when I felt her arms around my waist and a head on my shoulder.

            I turned around and wrapped my arms around my girlfriend’s body.

            “You came just in time for dinner.”

            She mumbled something incoherent and I kissed her head.

            “How was it?” I asked her and rubbed her back gently.

            She answered me with her head still on my shoulder, “.”

            I chuckled, “First day always .”

            She got a new job with better pay and closer office. Today was her first day on the new job.   

            She pulled away a little bit, “But I met Hyomin today!” she beamed a smile.

            “Oh, really? How come?”

            “Turned out our office buildings are near.”

            “Ah, that explains it. Well come on, let’s eat and you can tell me all about your first day.”

            I gave her a peck and pried her arms off from me. I sat down and she washed her hands on the sink before she took a seat across from me on the dining table.

            She told me that everybody at the office stared at her because she’s new and some were greeting her but some just looked away.

            “But I think it’s going to be difficult to make new friends.” She told me.

            “Why is that?”

            “Because all of them are old.”

            I laughed, “Seriously?”

            “Well at least older. I haven’t met anyone our age yet. Although my supervisor told me the CEO is only a year older than us.” She said.

            “Wow. Super genius or family business?”

            “Family business. His father just retired a month ago and I guess he’s trying to recruit younger people now.” She chuckled.

            I smiled and kept eating while she continued to tell me what happened today. This became a regular thing for us now. Getting home after a long day at work and just talked about our day over dinner. Although it became a daily routine, somehow my heart still beat a little faster than usual whenever I saw her like this.

            After all these years, Tiffany Hwang could still make my heart beat faster than normal.

            “Oh, I also met Hyomin’s business partner.” She had this mischievous grin on her face.

            “And?”

            “I think someone has an admirer.”

            “He likes Hyomin?”

            “I think so. But I don’t think Hyomin realizes it though.”

            “She doesn’t? Soonkyu really tamed her, huh?” I grinned.

            “Yeah, nobody else matter to her anymore since they got together.”

            “Well, speaking of admirer. You have one too, you know.” I stood up and began to collect the dirty dishes.

            “Really? Who is it?” she leaned back on her chair and looked a little bit surprise.

            I looked at her and winked, “Me.”

            “God, you’re so cheesy!” she threw a napkin at me but there’s a growing smile on her face.

            I laughed, “It’s true! I admire you. You’re very easy to admire, you know.”

            I put the dishes on the sink and she followed suit. I was about to turn the tap when she grabbed my hand.

            “Leave it. I’ll do it later.”

            I looked at her, amused. “You’ll do it later? Why can’t I do it now?”

            “Because now...... I want you to do something for me.” She had a glint on her eyes.

            I smirked, “What is it?” she pulled me closer to her.

            “Bathe me.” She said in her oh-so-husky voice. 

            My smile couldn’t get wider than this, “Can’t you do it yourself? What are you? A big baby?” she pulled again and our noses were now touching.

            “Your baby.”

            She had her lips on mine before I got the chance to say anything.

            “Who’s the cheesy one now?” I said breathlessly.

            She didn’t say anything and kissed me again while pulling me towards the bathroom.

            Love never felt so good.             

           

 

Tiffany’s

           

            I heard the alarm and put it off instantly. I yawned and searched for the other occupant of the bed. I opened my eyes and found the bed was empty. I stretched and yawned some more before I sat up.

            I smelled something delicious and smiled. She’s making breakfast already. I put on my clothes and got up.

            I went to the kitchen and saw her in front of the stove.

            “Good morning~” I chirped and went to kiss her cheek.

            “Hey, good morning.” She smiled.

            I sat down on the dining table and saw a mug of coffee.

            “How do you want your eggs, Fany-ah? Scramble, omelette, sunny side up?”

            “Scramble please.” I sipped my coffee. Perfect. Just how I like it.

            “Coming right up, Ma’am.”

            I put my chin on the palm of my hand and stared at her back. She’s definitely the most wonderful person I’ve ever met and she’s mine. Honestly, I never thought I would end up with a girl. I always thought the love of my life would be a prince charming, not a princess. Nevertheless, I wouldn’t trade her for anyone. Not even for a real prince from England or wherever.

            I didn’t know how long I daydreamed when she put a plate of scramble egg in front of me, “One scramble egg for the pretty lady.”

            I snickered, “Did you put some cheese on my scramble egg or did you eat it all?”

            She pouted and sat on the dining chair, “I didn’t even mean to sound cheesy.”

            “Aaaawh, don’t be mad. Thank you for making breakfast, my cute chef.”

            The pout was gone and replaced by a small smile.

            We began to eat and as I chew on my scrambled egg, I knew she didn’t put much salt into it. Exactly how I like it. These little things she did make me love her more and more. I couldn’t be more thankful to have her in my life. 

            I smiled and asked her, “Why are you so good to me?”

            She looked at me with that loving stare, “Because I admire you.” And came her cheeky answer.

            “Seriously? That line again?” I laughed.

            “What? It got you wanting me last night, didn’t it?” she answered teasingly.

            I blushed, remembering what we did last night, “!”

            She laughed, “Maybe you can bathe me this morning.” She raised her eyebrows playfully.    

            “Not gonna happen. We need to go to work and I don’t want to be late. It’s only my second day, remember?”

            She got up from her seat and walked to mine, “Fine, fine.”

            Suddenly she cupped my face and kissed me ever so tenderly.

            I was in a daze when she pulled away and I hadn’t snap out of it when she whispered in my ear, “I’ll ask again tonight.”

            I shuddered and slowly open my eyes to see her walking towards the bathroom.

            “Don’t forget to do the dishes, Fany-ah! You didn’t do last night’s either.”

            She closed the bathroom door and I let out a sigh, a grateful one.

            Love never felt so fine

           

 

 

Tiffany’s

           

            “Miss Hwang?”

            I looked up from my laptop to see the CEO’s secretary looking back at me.

            “Mr. Dong wishes to see you.” She gave me a small smile.

            I got up instantly and straightened my skirt before I followed the secretary to the CEO’s room.

            He wished to see me? What did I do wrong? Oh God, it’s only been two days! Did he change his mind about recruiting new people? But usually the Human Resource people would tell me about stuff like that, not the CEO himself. My hands started to sweat.

            We arrived in front of the door and the secretary looked back at me. She smiled again, “Don’t worry, Miss Hwang. He just wants to meet his new employee.”

            I looked obviously nervous, didn’t I? “O-oh, right. Thank you.” I felt relieved a little bit and took a deep breath to calm myself while the secretary knocked on the door.

            “Come in!”

            The secretary opened the door, “Mr. Dong, Miss Hwang is here.”

            “Ah, good.”

            The secretary stepped aside and let me come through. I saw a young man looking all neat in a suit sitting behind a desk. 

            “Good morning, Sir.” I bowed and gave the man a smile once the door closed behind me.

            “Good morning, Miss Hwang. Please, have a seat.”

            I sat in front of the desk.

            “Welcome to the company.” He gave me a smile.

            “Thank you very much, Sir.” I returned the smile.

            “How are you settling in so far?” 

            What? I just worked here for two days. Wait, today barely began, so actually I just worked in this company for a day. But I couldn’t really tell him that, could I? I went with a safe answer instead.

            “Well... uhm.. so far so good.”

            He nodded his head and looked lost for a moment. I guessed he’s really new to being a CEO. I kept my smile intact on my face. Maybe he’s just as nervous as I am.

            “Okay then. I just want to welcome you to the company and I hope you’ll work hard for us.” He said with a confident smile this time.

            “I will, Sir. Thank you.”

            He nodded again, “You can go back to your work now.”

            I stood up and bowed before I left his room.

            Once I closed his door, I saw the secretary was looking at me with a smile.

            “Not that scary, right?”

            I smiled and shook my head. I thanked her before went back to my own desk.

            I let out a sigh when I sat on my seat. Well the CEO was not bad and obviously trying his best to adjust to his new position. My supervisor told me he took the position right after he finished his master degree. Unlike Hyomin, he didn’t have time to learn the ropes around the company first.

            I checked my cell phone before I resumed my work and saw a text from Hyomin asking me to join her for lunch. I immediately said yes and put my cell phone away before returning to my work.             

 

            I was on the subway on my way home when Taeyeon’s text came:

Are you home yet? I’m still on my way.

            I replied:

Not yet. I’m on the subway.

            I was about to put my cell phone back to my bag when it buzzed again. It’s still from Taeyeon:

Okay. Can’t wait to see you. I’m going to ask you the question later. Be prepare for it.

            I stifled a smile and text her back:

What if I said no?           

            I waited for a bit before a reply came:

Then I will ask again

            I hadn’t got the chance to write my reply when another text came:

And again

            Another text came:

And again

            I couldn’t help to let out a giggle. She kept sending me the same text until I decided to call her.

            “Yah! Stop it.” It was kind of quiet on the subway so I had to whisper.

            I heard her laughing and that made me smile wider.

            “Where are you? Still on the subway?” she asked.

            “Yep. You?”

            “Just got into the station.

            “Guess I’ll got home before you.”

            “Oh, then can I ask you a favor, Fany-ah?

            “Sure. What is it?”

            “Can you prepare the bathtub for me?

            “YAH!” I forgot the subway was quiet and threw an apologetic look to the people who were surprised by my loud voice.

            I could hear her laughing again. While I felt warmth on my cheeks.

            “What? I just asked you to prepare the bathtub for me. Were you thinking erted things, Miyoungie?”            

            “I’m not!” I hissed. Totally lying. I bet my face was red by now.

            “Whoops, my train is here! I’ll see you at home. Bye~

            “Bye.”

            “Love you.

            I felt all tingly and couldn’t help to feel fluster. It’s very embarrassing to say these things in public, so I put my hand over the receiver on the cell phone and said it really quietly.

            “I love you too.”

            I heard her giggle and hung up the cell phone. I felt people around me was staring and smiling at me. So I just kept my head down bashfully while trying to suppress my growing smile.     

           

            I looked at the half-filled bathtub in front of me. I didn’t know why I did this. I shook my head. I knew exactly why I did this. That girl by the name of Kim Taeyeon could make me feel a lot of things with her words and action. She could make me feel all fuzzy, warm, tingly, but also hot & bothered.

            I put my hand on the bathtub to test the temperature. It’s a little bit too hot. I needed to add cold water. When I felt the water’s temperature was fine, I turn off the tap.

            “Fany-ah, I’m home!”

            I almost jumped. I didn’t hear the front door open. I wiped my hands on a towel and got out from the bathroom.

            She was putting her bag on the couch and when she saw me coming out from the bathroom, she had a smug look on her face.

            “What were you doing in the bathroom?” she asked.

            “Did your favor.” I answered nonchalantly. Trying to sound nonchalant.

            “Aaaawh, thank you.”

            “You’re welcome.” I tried to walk past her but she grabbed my wrist.

            “Whoa, wait a second.” 

            “What?” In my mind I was putting a blank expression but I seriously didn’t know how that came out.

            “Won’t you join me?” she began ing her shirt with her other hand and I bit my lip.

            “Sure. Why not?” My eyes traveled down to her parted shirt and I knew it was a wrong move because she laughed.

            “Stop trying to act cool, Fany-ah. I know you’re looking forward to this too.”

            She dragged me to the bathroom and I followed her pull willingly

 

 

Taeyeon’s

 

            After that relaxing bath, we sat on the couch and watched the TV while waiting for delivery. I was not in the mood to cook tonight and cooking's also not her forte.

            She was putting her head on my lap and I was her hair. I felt contented. It was one of the moments I wanted to cherish forever.

            We were watching the TV peacefully when suddenly she looked up at me.            

            “Tae?”

            “Hmm?”

            “Where do you see yourself in 10 years?”

            I looked down to her, “That’s random. Why?”

            She told me she met with Hyomin again today and they talked about marriage and stuff.

            “I thought we have talked about that before, haven’t we?”

            “We have. I just... want to hear it from you again.” She looked away shyly and I couldn’t help but smile.

            “You’re loving my cheesiness, aren’t you?”

            “Forget it.” She tried to get up but I held her down while laughing.

            I brushed up her bangs and leaned down to kiss her forehead tenderly.

            “10 years from now, 20 years, even 50 years from now, I see myself with you, I see myself as yours. Maybe we couldn’t get married and I couldn’t shout to the whole world how much I love you, but then again, you’ll be deaf if I could because you are my whole world.”     

            She cringed but didn’t bother to hide her infamous smile. Her eyes turned into crescent and her smile was wide.

            “What was I thinking asking you to say that again?” She said.

            “You’re not thinking straight for sure. Oh wait a sec, you’re not even straight!”

            I laughed and she heaved a sigh, “You and your weird jokes.”

            I directed my gaze towards the TV again with still a smile on my face, “You love me anyway.”

            “Yeah, I love you anyway.” She took my hand and kissed it.

            Years from now, I really could see myself as hers. She also could see herself as mine, right?