Transfer Students

Young and Fabulous: Navigating the path to adulthood

Hello Eunseoh and ArmyStar here. We have new characters this chapter~~~~~~~~~~~ JYJ and TVXQ fans prepare for who might be your bias~~~~~~~

Thank you to everyone you is enjoying this fic. Most of the characters are kind of based off someone we know HEHE. Anyway enjoy.


I walked into the new university I had transferred to with my cousin, Changmin. We decided to transfer from SM University because of all the troubles they were putting us through saying stuff like we hadn’t paid our fees (even though we had) and also because of all the cheating going on throughout the school. The front office gave us the address to the new lodge we were staying at and also our new timetables for this semester.

 

The two of us walked together to Cube building where we would (hopefully) stay for the rest of our Uni life. The front desk was occupied by a young man who also seemed like he was a student at the university.

 

“Hi. We’re the two students who recently transferred from SM University and we would like to have our room numbers and keys please. Our names are Kim Jaejoong and Shim Changmin.”

 

“Welcome to Cube building, I have your rooms for you. Unfortunately, you won’t be in the same room and Jaejoong-shi? We have a trial period for you as one of the only two free beds is in a 2-person suite with a student called Cha Eunseo. If that setting doesn’t work for you, then you will have to live off campus as we don’t have any other free rooms. I would like to warn you that Miss Cha is a little odd. Changmin-shi? You will be sharing with two other men on the 4th floor. Here are your keys, I hope you unpack and are ready for the start of term on the Monday.”

 

Changmin and I took our suitcases and began the hunt for our rooms. We found Changmin’s room, 4-13, first since it was a floor lower than mine. Changmin being the ever polite boy he is knocked on the door rather than using his key. The door was opened by a blurry-eyed blonde male, who looked like he had just gotten out of bed.

 

Ravi heard a knocking on the door and began to call out towards Hongbin to open it. There was no reply from the other boy and the knocking continued. Ravi finally got up from the bed and looked around for Hongbin, only to discover he wasn’t in the room. He walked towards the door and opened it to see two unfamiliar men standing in the doorway with suitcases. He backed away from the door as the two men began to walk in.

 

“Are you the transfer student who’s staying with us? Unfortunately we weren’t told when you would would be here so the dorm is in quite a mess and Hongbin, who we also share the room with isn’t here.”

 

Jaejoong left Changmin to unpack and get to know his roommate. He continued onto the 5th floor to find his room. After a few minutes of looking around, Jaejoong arrived at room 5-13. He knocked on the door but after it wasn’t opened he used his key and walked into the room to see Eunseo halfway through getting dressed. Luckily she was putting on her last piece of clothing, her shirt.

 

“Hey you’re my new roommate right? Come in.”

 

Unsure of how to handle Eunseo’s lack of reaction to him seeing her half- Jaejoong stood dumbfounded in the doorway with his hand still on the doorknob. Taking the course of action that would take him away from the strange girl he picked up his bags and fled, back-tracking to Changmin’s room. Jaejoong helped Changmin unpack and even after that was done he stayed lurking, with all of his suitcases in tow. Ravi and Hongbin merely sat staring at the strange man who wouldn’t even put his bangs in his room. They overheard him talking to Changmin about his roommate which was;

“A strange girl who didn’t even bat an eyelid when I walked in on her changing. SHE WASN’T EVEN CHANGING IN HER ROOM. WHO CHANGES IN THE LIVING ROOM ANYWAY?!”

 

Eunseo. Eunseo changed in the living room. It had bothered all of the boys somewhat at first but they had gotten used to it and didn’t even think about it anymore. When Ravi had had enough of Jaejoong hogging Changmin, he texted Eunseo telling her where her poor roommate was. Not even a minute later the door flew open and Eunseo strutted in. Her gaze immediately fixed on Jaejoong and without a word she motioned for him to follow her, hoisting up his (very heavy) suitcase like it was nothing, as she turned and walked out. He looked to the others with a desperate, pleading look in his eyes but when no help was forthcoming he followed her like a puppy back to their room, where, after dumping his suitcase near the couch, Eunseo sat there watching Jaejoong with predatory eyes. Desperate to avoid her vice-like gaze, Jaejoong looked everywhere but her face and her chest, preferring to look at her hands. The tension grew and grew until it was so thick that you could have cut it with a knife.

 

Suddenly Eunseo stood up and drifted out. Food-preparation noises could be heard from somewhere deeper within the room. Fairly soon the delicious smell of something wafted to Jaejoong, who was still sitting frozen on his bed. Eventually the delicious smell of food was too much for Jaejoong’s empty stomach and his feet moved without his consent. When he arrived in the open plan kitchen-dining he was confronted with the sight of the fierce girl cooking with a soft frown of concentration on her face. Jaejoong just stood and studied her, her sure hands and the little crease between her eyebrows as she cooked. He had to admit she was kinda pretty and from what he’d seen before he knew she had a good body. Suddenly the food was ready and she plated and served it. To his surprise it was ramyun with added meat and vegetables. It tasted as good as it looked and the two ate in relatively comfortable silence.

 

After dinner Jaejoong cleaned up which earned him a small smile from his terrifying roommate. She studied and then watched TV while he unpacked his things and soon enough it was time for bed. The morning was awkward and he had no idea what to do but look away, very embarrassed, when she changed right in front of him… again, although, admittedly she did have her back to him, which afforded both of them some modesty. The tension coming from him went right back up to their first day together. Nothing changed with Eunseo that evening nor the next day. Though Jaejoong DID become the Kingka of the school, not that he was surprised. Changmin became popular too and pretty soon both boys and girls were practically throwing themselves at both boys.

 

Slowly, Jaejoong got over the fact that she did strange things and he started to open up to her, apart from changing in front of him she didn’t do anything else to make him uncomfortable, in fact she was quite kind to him, making him food and helping him with his schedule, walking him to and from class. Encouraged by the fact that she wasn’t throwing herself at him (it was explained to him that she changed whenever she wanted, wherever she wanted, in front of whomever, changing in front of him didn’t mean anything by her), he began to open up to her. The first proper conversation they had together that wasn’t about homework or what he wanted to eat was the kind of conversation that is had after dinner. She’d asked him a question, and as soon as she’d asked, he’d forgotten what it was. Seeing her expectant face, he mumbled something that half-sounded like:

“Pardon?”

 

 

Slowly, without seeming bothered by his speech nor his obvious lapse in attention she repeated what she’d asked him:

“I was wondering what are you majoring in?”

 

 

“Design and architecture.”

 

 

“I see, that’s cool.”

 

On the outside, Eunseo was careful to give off an uninterested image, however internally, she was fangirling over Jaejoong’s attractiveness and how much he fitted her perfect guy. Jaejoong caught a hint of something through the gleam in her eyes but didn’t know quite what to make of it. Even the great Eunseo wasn’t able to completely lock-down her reactions, as, after all, they say that the eyes are the windows to a person’s mind. Over the rest of the trial period, Jaejoong and Eunseo spoke at length and much to Jaejoong’s surprise, Eunseo was pretty smart and she had some really funny, strange, interesting stories to tell and things to say, he found that he liked talking to her, a lot.

 

Jaejoong was called by the dorm committee on the decision on whether he was going to continue sharing a room with Eunseo.

 

 

“What is your decision Mr. Kim? Are you happy to share a room with Miss Cha?”

 

 

“I’m fine with sharing a room with Eunseo, since there is no other way other than moving out of campus.”

 

 

Jaejoong, went back to their shared room, 5-13 and got ready for his next class. Eunseo was sitting at their dining table, scrolling on her phone, without looking away from her screen, she stood up and went to wait by the door as Jaejoong grabbed his stuff, like she usually did. She walked him to class, still engrossed in her phone and a couple of times people nearly bumped into her, each time Jaejoong grabbed her and pulled her out of the way just in time. When they reached his classroom she turned and left after giving him a small wave. Jaejoong found himself listening for any signs of her running in to someone, which didn’t happen, to his surprised disappointment. It wasn’t that he wanted her to be hurt or anything like that, he just wanted to be able to help her like she helped him. Every day she walked him to class, sometimes engrossed in her phone, sometimes making small talk with him and sometimes silent, deep in thought. Jaejoong started feeling odd whenever he was around or thought about the strange girl who was his roommate, but he pushed down his feelings as studying for exams was more important. During the study period before exams everyone was found with their noses in a book, either in their room or at the library. After exams, Jaejoong began to think on and understand his feelings. During the following week a thought started hanging over Jaejoong’s head. ‘Does Eunseo like me? How am I going to ask her out?’  

 

After days and nights of agonising circular trains of thought, Jaejoong went to Hongbin since he knew Eunseo the best. Jaejoong knocked on 4-13, for the door to be opened by Hongbin himself.

 

 

“Hyung, what’s up?”

 

 

“I just wanted your help with a certain problem. Do you know what Eunseo’s favourite activity is and her favourite food? Also what’s her favourite colour?”

 

 

“Woah. Slow down there hyung. Um, hyung, by any chance, do you like Eunseo?”

 

 

“Uh… yeah, I wanted to confess to her but I’m not sure if she likes me and I wanted to make sure she’d say yes. What should I do?”

 

 

“I suggest you take her out on a date to a classy place. She likes classy things.”

 

 

“Right. Classy things. Okay thanks, Hongbin. I’ll take you out for lunch next time.”

 

 

“Hyung… take care of her. I think of her as my sister and I don’t want her to get hurt.”

 

 

“I will.”

 

Following Hongbin’s advice, Jaejoong invited Eunseo on a date with him, though he didn’t express it in so many words. He booked a private room for the two of them at a fancy restaurant that wasn’t too expensive. Jaejoong sat opposite Eunseo at the table after they had ordered their food. Finally finding the courage to say what he wanted to say Jaejoong began to speak.

 

 

“Eunseo-ah, I haven’t known you for that long but I think you’re really pretty, and I admire your toughness and how dorky you are, I like how you have an unpredictable personality but you are able to be serious when you need to and your leadership skills. I’ve fallen head over heels for you so, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

“Okay.”

 

By the time, the two of them walked out of the restaurant, they were holding hands and had sparkles in their eyes. They couldn’t possibly imagine the difficulties that one troublesome couple was going to cause in the near future.