CHAP. VI: THE CURE

The righteous pleasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 …Panic attack!! ...
 

A damn panic attack !!!
 

That was  the response which an entire team of doctors had told him, after had turned him upside down,  almost two months earlier.
They  had prescribed him anxiolytics, and recommended  to see a psychoanalyst  to get to the bottom of that problem

... a psychoanalyst? !! Seriously … What a useless idiots !!! …
 

His imprecations against them had shaken all the walls of that hospital ... he did not need a shrink who told him that his life was a mess and blaming his childhood without a mother
 

They were all the same! ...  He had  already met one ... in Paris ... a student, a friend of Eun Hye, whom, when was not chasing money, liked to surround herself by poetasters and pedants arrogant  that could still see poetry in women like her.
 

He had ended up punching him, after he had told  that Eun hye  represented the image that he had internalized of his own mother   ... he did not even made him finish his sentence ... although at the time he loved Eun hye, there were sacrilegious things that no human mind had to say ... and compare his mother to a manipulative , was between those ...

He loosened his tie with a little tug , because it  seemed to have taken own life in trying to strangle him.
 

He did not need charlatans, he knew very well what was his cure ... or indeed who ...
 

On that evening in early September, he found himself in that place  teemed with respectable rich people whom ate caviar while chatting happily about orphaned children, for only one reason: to take his cure.
 

He had spent two blacks months, always near a  dark and terrifying ravine, that seemed  waiting to swallow him ... he had resumed to smock after centuries, drank more and more often ... but everything turned out to be useless, because the only thing that apparently seemed to work  for his distorted  brain, was the image of that girl ... to which he had given up for a stupid sense of duty towards his sister ...

... Hell ... he had never had a sense of duty ... and had just decided to build one at the expense of his own skin ... which  he found himself to be particularly concerned of ...
 

No, his sister would have to keep for herself her wooden stick and point it straight to her husband, if she cared  ... now he understood why Byung Hun seemed perpetually like having a piece of stick in his   ...
 

For being a good-guy, he  had finished gasping at the hospital, feeling  prey of a heart attack ... just like his father ...
 

He shook his head slightly and stubbed out with disgust the cigarette he was smoking ... that girl had even let him to stop  that ing vice ...

 

Even though, she had proved him that she was really made ​​of iron ... he had imagined that at least once in those horrible months, she would call him in tears begging him to meet,  ... but nothing! … His Phone had remained silent, and he had had to summon all his pride to not call her...
 

… He didn't beg women! ...
 

And for that … he had called his sister, whom when he had asked her how was Shin Hye, had kindly invited him to go to hell  ... a grown man willing to bear his sister’ scream only  to spy  a girl ... ironic, isn’t it?!  …
 

What had tormented him all those months was the thought that another man could put his dirty hands on her ... just the thought caused him feverish hallucinations ...

He inhaled deeply before entered  the door of the hotel. The charity event was held in a conference room decorated for the occasion ... it was one of his hotels, and it was not difficult for him to get an invitation.
 

Some employees recognized him and greeted him surprised ... it was not usual for him attend these events.
 

When he entered, the smell of stale hypocrisy hit hard  his sensitive nose, leaving him with a grimace ... most of those people had enjoyed to spit fire on him at the funeral of his father ... but they would not dare do that now ... because they knew that confronting him could be quite destructive for their fragile minds ... and their darkest secrets …
 

… Knowledge is power ...

 

He walked with confidence, feeling the usual feeling of power every time that he was in the crowd, putting a  sneering grimace accompanied by a challenging  glint in his eyes.
He headed straight to a corner next to the table of appetizers, shrugging at all these furtively stares which people addressed to him ...

 

“... I was an idiot to think that you didn’t care about others’ judgments  ... because actually you live in these! "

 

Aishhh … Jinja! … that little girl with her words seemed to haunt him ... it was becoming to be a nightmare ...

 

He poured himself a drink while was looking around, through all those heads ...
Not seeing her, he  fixed his eyes on the door ... she would come from there ... he supposed.
 

at the thought of seeing her again, all those feeling, now familiar, of fullness, anticipation, excitement, crossed him, sending shivers everywhere ... his stomach seemed to be filled with flowing adrenaline  ...


The door opened

He saw her dressed in an elegant blue dress and a seraphic smile on her face, which was perfectly rested and bright ... beautiful ... to the face of all his creepy - night ...

.. But ... he froze.

She was not alone ...

She walked hand in hand with that pale fake-boyfriend of hers , who was still smiling smug and arrogant every time he glanced down on HIS  angel ...

…Damn  son of a ! … He hissed between his teeth,  almost disintegrating the glass in his hands.

At that moment he seemed like a bull in a bullfight, pointing straight  the thin red flag waving in front of his  eyes...

They stopped quite often to greet people, and he had to ask her if she wanted something to drink, because he excused himself and walked over to the drinks’ table ...
 

Min ho didn't waste any more time , and headed right to that guy, who was pretending to be a gentle man.
 

Young-do was pouring himself some water, when he felt the pitcher snatched away from his own hands.

He turned annoyed, and he found nothing less than that bastard, who was challenging him with a devilish grin on his face.
 

"I was a bit 'thirsty!" Min Ho said sharply, while he poured himself some  water  from the early pitcher.
 

Young - do lglared  contemptuously at him from head to toe, arching an eyebrow with disdain.

"Nice  eyebrows!" Min ho Scoffed him

"How the hell you dare to speak to me ?!" Young-do retorted with a low and hard tone.
 

…Good ...! Min Ho thought ... I am now officially allowed to punch his face! ...
 

"Do you have problems in talking to people, creepy-face?"

"No! I only have problems with bastards like you! "

"Ouch ... it hurts!" he said  dripping with sarcasm, while his hand was his chest "as one that says to not talk with guys like me, you just seems to suffer from verbal diarrhea !!" his wry grin widened even more .
 

Young do narrowed his eyes, "You just do not know who I am, huh ?!"

"I should know ?!"
 

Young do laughed bitterly, in disbelief, "Yes! You should know! "

"Why?"

"Because  you f *** ed  my late uncle’s wife !!!" he muttered between his teeth.
 

... oh ... the widow Choi... that was just a small world ...
 

"And so ?!" Min Ho provoked him with total indifference.

"... And so ... since you left her, she is crying all her tears, not caring that the whole world thinks that she is some kind of crazy ajumma !!" that man was just a heartless bastard ... that woman was completely destroyed ...

"There was clear agreements between your aunt and me! Is not my fault If she is unable to respect the terms "

"YOU! Damn ... "Young do wanted badly to punch him, and was about to approach him with furious anger

Min ho pulled forcefully him by his tie, taking him a few inches from his face, he gave him a cold sharp gaze  "... you want to hit me?"he  Scoffed

"...  Just do it!  ... Right here! the only one who has a reputation to protect is you, little prince ... I can just  slip your head into that ice’  bucket, and survive happily over the scandal ... the choice is only yours! "

He kept seeing red ... that kid had touched her ... damn him! ...
 

She had kissed him?
 

She laughed with him?
 

Those Questions crossed non-stop his mind, making him blind ... suffering from a dull pain that he had sworn to not ever feel in his entire life.
 

Young do gritted his teeth and. with some hard efforts, got rid  from his grip.
 

He cursed to him just before turning and heading towards the main entrance ... he need to cool himself.

Min ho wasted no more time and marched straight towards Shin Hye, who was giving her back to him, sitting at a table a bit secluded from the crowd.
 

He approached her, and saw her gradually tense like a violin strings ... she had seen him? Or she could feel his presence? ...
 

At that moment, at few feet from her ... all his anger, his unwanted jealousy, all his frustration, seemed to suddenly abandoned him ... replaced by a deep desire for her ...

He got behind her and slowly ran his knuckles on her bare neck, in a light  yet fiery touch, which made ​​her shudder ... he felt himself shaken to the core by her reaction ... his cure ... the need of her broke through  his deepest being , which seemed to magically be returned to breathe ...
 

Shin hye stood still ... she knew who was behind her, she knew who was touching her ... she had recognized him when she felt two piercing eyes observing her ... those eyes with their magnetic power had made her heart beat faster  … the eyes of her soul  would have recognized him immediately … even without seeing him ...

He was the only one who exercised that spell on her senses, on her weak body   ... but also on his fragile soul.
 

She strongly  tightened her eyes when she felt his caress, feeling completely invaded by a glowing fire ...

He lowered himself and she felt his hot breath stun her, preventing her from thinking clearly ... she was supposed to hate him ... she should feel pain ... but everything came covered by the heavy curtain of love and desire that always left her powerless ...
 

"I’ll wait for you in the back garden " he whispered, his voice low and husky. “Don’t make me wait too long!”
 

..Then she heard him leaving ...
 

She began to breathe again ... finally feeling a right  sensation of pain, feeling her eyes fill with tears that she fought back with determination.
 

… he didn’t ask ... he ordered! ...

... that !...

 

******************
 

Min Ho was standing in the dark in that desert garden, trying to suppress the urge to light up another cigarette ... he was oddly nervous.
 

He heard light footsteps approaching him, and turned his head.

Shin hye stopped not far from him. Her mere presence ,seemed to have impregnated the air with a sweet fragrance.

She folded her arms and watched him with a spark of anger in her eyes, that made ​​her even more beautiful.
 

… He Knew how to manage anger ...
 

"I thought you were not so fickle!"
 

At these words she looked at him puzzled.
"What?"
 

"... Until a few months ago you said you have feelings for me, and now I saw you with another man"

Her astonishment became enormous ... how dare he say that after  how he had left her?!! ...
 

"You're kidding me ?! I have to remember you our last conversation? "
 

Min Ho looked impassive "... and I have to remind you that I am a man who looks only to facts?"
 

"What the hell does this mean," shin hye said,  totally taken aback by the course of that conversation ... she had to be the one to yell at him, to be offended ... in fact she just had to ignore him ... she thought with exasperation.
 

"It means that, even though I had never declared eternal love to you, I am here ALONE and I am the one who asked you to talk  ... while you, with all your nice words about feelings, came here hanging onto another man's arm ... then, this bastard here, is much more coherent than you! "he concluded sharply  his argument, waiting with secret amusement that bomb which was going to explode.
 

Shin hye was speechless for  few seconds, unable to comprehend what she was listening to
 

"Oh my God !! YOU ARE AMAZING! I can’t believe it! "She said almost shouting
 

"You are the amazing one… you are still with that idiot! "He added hard
 

Shin hye tried to calm herself, she was about to have a nervous breakdown, because she felt like talking to a wall.
 

"Just to be c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter