CHAP. V: THE EDGE OF NOWHERE

The righteous pleasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the hell are you doing ?!"

Min ho looked dejected at his sister, she had brought him back in that damn green sitting room.
She was standing in front of him with her ​​hands on her hips and her eyes almost popping out, crossed by  fumes of murderous rage ... of course all directed towards him ...

He let out an exasperated sigh and looked for something comfortable to sit on ... the only thing that comes close, it was an hard chair in liberty style, a legacy of  days when people probably did not suffer from lordosis ... he resigned and threw himself on it, cursing between his teeth for the unpleasant impact.
  
"Min ho are you listening?!!"
 

He impatiently stare at her  running a hand through his hair and then bring it on his neck to try to remain calm and relieve his tension ...
He had not slept, he was frustrated by ALL points of view, had been subject to a whole prism of emotional states that made ​​him feel like a madman suffering from schizophrenia  ... and now he had to try not to pour all that tangle of resentment on his sister ... but she didn’t help him at all.
 

He narrowed his eyes, trying to count mentally ... sheep, cows ... any animal with a damn funny face that help him to not spit fire on his sister, like some kind of creepy dragon ...

"You know what ?! I don't want to know anything!! I've already seen everything  ...since the moment you were looking at that girl with more appetite than the steak on your plate!! "

... A cow, two cows ...

"... But I warn you ... stay away from Shin hye !!"

… Three cows ... four cows ...

"I will not allow you to stay more than three feet from her! You have to bring your out of here, like  right now! "

Min Ho let out the breath he had been holding until that moment ... it was enough to piss off even the funny cows! ! ...
 

"You warned me ?! You don’t  let me ?! … I have a big news, noona … I’m not your little child, nor your puppy-husband … so, stop to spit your orders on my face!!" he almost hissed ,puffing smoke from his nose. "These days the only thing you managed to do it’s  staring grimly at me from all the corners of this damn villa !!!" "... I feel like I had an ANNOYING OWL ON MY SHOULDER !!!" he raised his voice, bumping the shoulder in question "Don't you feel a little 'guilty about the fact that the only words that you addressed to me began with -YOU-  and ended with -When you leave? -? !!"
 

Min Jung looked at him astonished, "Don’t try to change the topic!!!!  …Anyway …I was right, kind of heartless bastard! you could not keep your filthy hands off her !!!" At that point she began to see red " ... She is not your usual  Friday-girl !! She is a good girl !! ... and I honestly don't understand for what damned reason she had allowed herself  to be fooled by a random idiot without ethics like you !!! "
 

Min Ho gave her a contemptuous grimace "Wae? I am quite handsome and with a good sense of humor ... and for your information, I have my own ethics, my dear sister! "
"And what it is, for heaven’s sake?"
"I don't go with married women, for example!" He added quite satisfied .
"SURE! Because half of them divorces only to jump into YOUR BED !! "
 

He put his hands on the base of his nose, squeezing it irritated "... do you think I am  some kind of couple' therapist ?!" he  exclaimed almost choking on his own words. He wanted to immediately get out of that hateful room.

Min Jung sighed sadly and defeated "Min Ho, You know how much I love you ... but, please, don't involve that girl in your messy life! Have you ever thought about what will happen to her when this scandal breaks out ?! How all these old crows will react against her?!Have you ever thought about how much she will suffer when you'll decide to thrown her away like an old sock ?! "
Min ho felt the familiar punch in the stomach every time someone took that topic.
"She doesn’t deserve it, Min ho... she is an innocent girl ..."
"... She is grown enough to understand what she wants to do ... she does not need your protection!" he raised from his chair and moved near his sister, "I. Want. Her."
Min Jung looked at him in shock ... she narrowed her eyes  feeling again the anger flow in all her body
"YOU ...  idiot !! SHE IS NOT A DAMNED TOY! "

"I NEED HER !!"
He  slammed his fist on the table shouting out laud.
 

... he needed her ... her shine, her clear soul that lit up his ... there was no other way to explain that need  he felt inside, to always have her next to him ... to hear her laugh in his arms ...
 

There was a little voice inside him that wanted to give a different name to all of this ... but it was not possible ... love is only a name that men give to the  desire, love is destructive ...
 

.. Love makes weak ...
 

"YOU WHAT? !!!" His sister could not believe in what she had heard.
 

Min Ho snorted "WAE ?!  ... What have I done in my past life to deserve this? "He added " ... you are not authorized to manage my life, Noona! "


"YOU OWE ME!"


… it fell silence  ...

Min Jung was on the verge of hysterical tears
 "When our father has left you by yourself ... I've helped you, sending you money to continue your studies, while YOU also worked hard to maintain all the vices of that WITCH !!!!" "I had accepted you with all my heart  when you showed up at our dad’ funeral  as a HUMAN SCRAP !!! "she took a deep breath, tears began to fall down her cheeks ... to think about that man who was standing in front of her that day, who had changed from that boy full of life he was ... a dark shadow who wanted only to destroy himself ... and still, she had loved  that shadow too.
 

"... Don’t  make me regret for welcoming you with my open arms ..." she added almost  whisper in a trembling  voice.

Those words seemed sharp blades that jabbed  on his chest, slowly sinking more and more in depth ... there, in his dark cave which was far from the sun and the world ... there,  where he had sown anger and hatred to not grow nothing anymore ...
 

... Yes, it was true ... he owe her! ...
 

He closed his eyes for a second ... a second he needed to accept the fact that what he had to do was something absolutely necessary ... something that would not hampered the rising sun ... tomorrow the world would continue to breathe, and also him ...
 

... It was just a game ... he thought several times trying to convince himself.

 

"You won!" He whispered in her ear angrily, before leaving the room.

 

*************

 

Min ho was in his room, looking out the window the immensity of the sea in that dark  moonless night.

 ... You owe me ...

It was so ... he clearly remembered that day of heavy rain that had greeted him on his arrival in Seoul, almost three years ago ... he had rushed to the burial without bothering to change his clothes, shave, leave his luggage at home ... he did not even know if he still had a home ... he thought bitterly.
 

The whispers of people had invested him there ... carried by the chill wind of autumn
 

"... How dare he? ... renegade ... shameful ... he abandoned his father ... rags ... this is what he deserves ... dishonored his father…"

That chorus of voices, that were the backdrop of his sister heart-rending cry , left him unmoved ... he struggled with all his might to not be oppressed by them ...
 

The only thing he could do was  staring at back of his sister, shaken by incessant sobs …he was aware that they  were not in touch for two years  and  that she could yell at him all his sins ... threw him out of that place,  far from  that rubble of a family …  to whom he was sure to not to belong anymore ...
 

Instead she turned and, not caring about all those idiots,  embraced him with a smile through tears ... as the brother who had been a long time ago ... to which she  bought ice cream to make him go to school ... the one who had helped him when he was in deep ... whom she had never judged, never made him feeling guilty about anything
 

...  his holy sister would never slammed the door on his face ... he was a pitiful case,  of those that you love to deal with, when you have a heart as good as hers ...

Min ho rested his forehead against the glass ... the earth will continue to spin, and you will continue to do the jerk around! ... Nothing has changed ...
 

He was taken aback when he heard a soft knock at his door. It was two o'clock at night, and  honestly he knew that there was only one person who had a reason to see him at that hour ...
 

He prayed with all his might to be wrong ... not now, I beg you, little angel ... not now ...

knock knock

Min ho narrowed his eyes and turned away from the window , heading to the door ...

What Shin hye saw in front of her, were two eyes cold as an iceberg.

 

The room was in semidarkness, and it seemed that he had not even resting on his bed, which was still very neat and without creases.
 

She had a bad feeling since had seen the two siblings entered the small sitting room ... she was not able to sleep because she needed to know what had happened ... his gaze did not promise anything good.
 

He moved aside to let her in and, without saying a word, walked back near  the window ... with his hands in his pockets and a glacial  gaze. Shin hye sensed instantly that the wall, which she had often glimpsed in his eyes, was revealed now in all its rawness.
 

" I'm leaving!" He said without looking at her, with a grim face  as much as his voice.
 

"W-why?"Sensing his hostility, she felt as if a bucket of ice water had fallen over her. 'It’s  for MIn Jung  ?! I can talk to her ... tell her ... "she said hastily

"Yes ... you can ask to that kind of talking cricket with a skirt why she insists to torture me !! "he said scornfully.
 

Shin hye was speechless ... he seemed almost cruel in his words.
"Why are you like this …?  "
 

Min ho continued to observe the darkness that embraced the whole world ... including his soul. Everything seemed gloomy, become formless, without colors ... without sense ...
 

He turned slowly toward her. Her eyes were devoid of their usual light, of that gleam that even in the darkness had driven him into the path of her purity

... You're just a damned bastard !! ...

At that moment he realized that he would never had turned off that light, that it was all a mistake ... that the thought of not being able to collect all her tears  was starting to torment him ...
 

His sister was right ... she would be hated by her father,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter