Two

Under the Stars

There was a bug in my car. It was watching me and I was watching it, and we were probably both deciding whether to scream, me in my „I'm-a-girl-and-I-saw-a-bug-kill-it! “ voice and the bug probably in its tiny „oh-my-god-a-psycho-human-is-looking-at-me“ voice. Neither of us in the end screamed, since my phone started ringing. I could already guess it was my mom without actually looking at the caller ID, and with a sigh I put the car in gear and started driving back to the highway.

 

I had decided to call my parents tonight, since I really didn't feel like (read: I was too chicken) talking to them right now.

 

And...then I got lost. Jesus, already? One moment I was driving back to the highway and then the other moment I was driving through a forest, which was clearly not a highway, much to my dismay. This is so not good.

 

But I kind of embraced being lost after an hour or so and decided that this went really well with my plan of not using maps and not knowing where I'm going. (Although, isn’t that the definition of being lost?)

 

The scenery was beautiful, the treetops gently swaying in the summer breeze and the birds chirping away. It was so peaceful, and it kind of lulled my mind into sleep, letting me truly relax.

 

On the road there was no place for worrying, because when you looked at it, in the grand scheme of things, in the middle of a beautiful forest where everything looks ethereal and magical, can you really worry about school...or parents, or anything at all? Everything lost its importance, but in a good way, making me feel free.

 

I stopped the car for a little while to let my feet rest and to grab some lunch. As I ate in the quiet of my car I checked my phone to see my family (of course) freaking out. The only message that surprised me was from my older sister Lilly.

Don't worry, they will all calm down...I hope you find what you are looking for.

 

The message struck me because a) I didn't know Lilly was wise like that and b) until she pointed it out, I had no idea I was searching for something. Maybe that was the whole point, I wouldn't know what I'm searching for until I find it.

 

I looked around and noticed that there was a small hill around one hour drive from where I was at, and on the small hill I could see a house. The house looked to pretty and sweet that I decided to check it out, plus if the weather forecast on the radio was right, I might need a place to hide somewhere. Maybe the owner of the house would be gracious enough to let his house be that somewhere. Or maybe he is a serial killer. Oh well.

 

Ji's POV

Have you ever been in a room full of people, and everybody, everybody, was either speaking to you or about you? My guess would be a no....well half of my life has been in that room, and the amount of people in it just grew each year making me feel claustrophobic.

 

So I decided to leave the room, since the people wouldn't stop talking, whispering and yelling, and I was getting tired of it. Of course I told sangjanim (who wasn't exactly thrilled but allowed it since I was his golden goose) and I told the guys (who said to take my time and that they'll visit), and then I disappeared.

 

I bought a house on a little hill, taught myself how to cook (it was eatable...but hey it has only been 3 weeks) and spent my time composing songs, playing with Gaho and Jolie and just enjoying my freedom.

 

I didn't have any internet so I didn't see what people thought of my disappearance but with 8+ years in the industry I had an inkling, and that inkling said that they were all freaking out…the scary thing was, I couldn’t bring myself to care.

 

 Of course, I was sorry that the fans, the true ones....the good ones, would also get worried but sometimes I had to put myself first.

 

It was nice being alone, with no phones or schedules, just you and well, bugs. My schedule was “I do whatever the hell I want to do”...best schedule ever. I didn’t have to worry about being late, or about hair and makeup, in fact I didn’t have to worry about anything (okay, maybe I did have to worry about not setting my kitchen on fire).

 

It was also nice to take a break from all the women, because let's face it, where there is and women involved, there will be drama. And I was done with drama, although I was not so done with and women but oh well, can’t have it all.

 

I thought today would be just another day, and I was enjoying the sun before the big storm hit...until a very lost looking girl stepped in front of me, effectively blocking, said, sun. I could feel the drama, and I didn't like it one bit. The girl was cute tho.

 

Libby's POV

 

The sky was getting grayer by the minute and I wondered if I could spend the storm in my car...the answer would be yes, but I didn't like that plan one bit, so I decided that the owner of the house would let me in, whether he or she wanted it or not.

 

The tame Libby that I left at home would never even think like that, let alone do something like that, but I was no that Libby. It wasn't that I didn't give a , it was just that I really disliked the idea of being in my car during the storm. Like really, really, disliked the idea.

 

The drive to the house was relatively short (I admit, I stepped on the gas, ups).

From up close the house wasn't so small but it was really cute and it was obvious that the owner had a lot of money and some sense for designing and decorating stuff. On the outside it looked like a wooden cabin, but the small details, for an example the carving of a dragon on the front door, or the cutesy flower curtains on the windows made the cabin look very magical, almost like it stepped straight out of a fairytale.

 

In front of the house was a male, that much I could see, and there were two dogs playing in front of him. I hoped that the dogs meant the guy wasn't a serial killer because that would be...unfortunate for me, to say the least.

 

I parked close to the house and opened the car doors, stepping into the electrified air. The storm was just around the corner. I could sense it and it was obvious the animals could too, since I noticed the distinct lack of birds chirping.

 

Walking towards the place where the guy was, I had a split second to wonder what I was going to say to the guy… until I realized who the guy actually was. The all too familiar face off of my sister’s walls was looking at me with a confused expression; my mouth fell open, only one thought remaining in my mind:

This just got a lot more interesting

 


 

Tell me what you think :) Sorry if the chapter is a bit weird, I did write it after 8 hours in school :D