Five

Under the Stars

I woke up, Ji's body pressed against mine. I was comfy and warm and really didn't want to leave, but all good things have to come to an end, and I think we both knew that.

He was already awake when I turned around to face him, his warm brown eyes looking at me like he could see everything, my past and my future. I felt uncomfortable with how much I felt he could see, it was like I so early on my journey had said: “oh it, I'm gonna fall in love with my one night stand and then spend the next 10 years pinning after a guy who doesn't give a “...yep, that sounded a lot like me. The only thing that I could think of, that would save me from that fate, was to get up and leave. And again, I think we were both aware that I would do that, my mixed feelings growing when he didn't stop me.

On one hand I wanted him to stop me, to tell me that we had something (yeah right, because one night was something), but on the other hand him not stopping me spared us both of the awkwardness that would surely follow.

He watched me silently as I got dressed...the air around us still sizzled from the night before, and I caught myself wishing he would stop me and just press me against a wall and make love to me again and again and again. But that was just my hormones talking…probably.

“You'll take care of yourself, right? “ He asked me, breaking the silence, which to my surprise wasn't awkward at all.

“I will, no worries. You'll take care of yourself too, right?“ Our eyes connected as I tried to give him the sternest look I could muster. Because if there was one thing that I found out last night when we talked, it was that he overworked himself.

He just grinned, not answering me, and I shook my head in annoyance. Instead of answering he rose from the bed, wearing only boxers, and hugged me tightly. Kissing my cheek he whispered:

“If anything happens, you know you can turn to me. I don't care that we have known each other for less than 24 hours, you can trust me, I've got your back if you need it.“ His words only confirmed my thoughts that he somehow knew something was bound to happen, and the sad thing was, I knew it too. And that something wasn't good.

Nodding, I hugged him back, and after inhaling his scent, peeled myself from him.

The Mustang glimmered in the sunlight, welcoming me back. Getting in, I speared Ji one last glance, his eyes boring holes into me, and then drove away.

 

Ji's POV

I watched her go, in the silly green shirt of hers, and wondered again why I wanted her to stay. She was a sweet girl, smart and caring, and sure she was pretty enough, but that wasn't it. There was this aura around her, that made her all that more alluring, like not even she knew what she was hiding, like she hadn't met her demons yet. And when she looked at me this morning, I knew they would come out to play soon, and the thought of that happening when she was alone on the road scared me.

But I couldn't do anything about that, I could just let her go, and pray that she would pull through. Some people needed to go through hard parts of their lives alone, and I knew that Libby was one of them.

Her beat up Mustang was out of sight now, and I just looked at the horizon, wondering if I would see the little thing ever again.

The words just swam up to my mind, and I turned around on my heels, rushing to my table and letting the words flow on the paper.  Soon enough a song appeared...I called it The little thing. That day, I wrote two more, and that night I called sangjanim, telling him that Big Bang would start recording in two weeks’ time.

Things that inspired me came in many different forms, and this time it seemed that my inspiration came in the form of a girl who was nothing but trouble, and drove a beat up Mustang.

 

Libby's POV

I drove aimlessly for hours and hours, not really caring where I would end up. I found a gas station and drove to it, deciding that running out of gas would be bad thing. I couldn't concentrate, the bad feeling I felt growing in me. Something was going to happen, and it was going to happen soon.

Raising my head up and surveyed the people around me, to my dismay all bikers, and decided that it would be a good thing to hurry up.

I ran to the store to pay for the gas, and the moment the clerk saw me, I knew that something was off. He had this scared look on his face, which made me panic even more.

“How come a little girl like you has no men beside her?“ A gruff voice said behind me, and turning around I realized why the clerk looked so scared. The man in front of me was huge, tattoos all over his arms and his beard growing to the middle of his chest.

“Because I can take care of myself.“ I said, wondering if I had an alter ego which was impossibly brave.

The biker just raised his eyebrow and laughed, still looking as menacing as ever.

“Oh that is a good one. Say little girl, how about we struck a little deal?“ He said, but by the numbers of his guys who were all now surrounding him and his voice, I realized I didn't have much choice in whether there would be a deal or not.

„I can see you have a car, so you'll transport something for us, while we follow you, and in turn we'll leave you alone. In no time you'll be free of us.“ Just by the sound of it I knew this was bad, but I didn't have much choice, the feeling in my stomach telling me that the bad had only just started.

It seemed that my naïve little bubble was about to burst.

 


Okay, to explain a couple of things.

First: I'll probably write both Libby's and Ji's sides of the story, although Libby will definitely get a bit more attention.

Second: I'm sorry for not updating, but school is well, being school.

And Third: thank you for sticking with me, I promise I know where this story is going, I’m aware that right now it might be a bit confusing :D

Love, LP