Seven

Under the Stars

It was the fourth day of the hellish journey. I could see the guys' stare as I finished filling up the gas tank of the Mustang. I kept going to that moment that I had left home, wishing I hadn't. Or that moment I left Ji, cursing my stupidity for leaving. The clerk gave me an odd look, clearly wondering what a girl like me was doing with a biker gang, but oh well.

Sparing the guys behind me a quick glance, I walked towards the bathroom, praying to God that they wouldn't follow. The leader of the gang told me that tomorrow we would get to our destination, and although he smiled and said I would be set free I knew what would actually happen. There was no way they would let me, a very loose end, live.

I had to do something, anything.

You’ll take care of yourself, right?

Entering the bathroom, I noted the grime, but really, I had no choice in this situation. Just before I got to the last stall I heard the doors open and close behind me.

No, God, please no.

I tried to stay calm, as I rushed into the stall, locking the door behind me. Moving to the furthest corner of the stall, I watched with horror as a pair of familiar boots stopped in front of the stall.

“Come out little mouse.” Even his voice sounded dirty.

“What do you want?” I said, trying not to sound as scared as I felt.

“Oh, but you know what I want, don’t you little mouse?” I had an inkling, yes, and I didn’t like it one bit.

I was totally okay with staying in the stall, but that proved to be impossible as the door exploded, falling of their hinges. I opened my eyes to see Jeff standing in front of me, that dirty little smile of his playing on his face.

Oh hell no.

My brain was working 100 mph as Jeff approached me, but when his heavy hand caught my chin, forcing me to look at him, only one thought was left. No.

“Get your hands off me.” I said in that scary voice mom used to use. I was 18, I was scared, I wanted my mom, but I would be damned if I let him me without a fight.

“Now, , be still.” He said, thinking I was harmless. But, I guess my mom was a smart woman, because those 3 years of self-defense classes would finally pay off.

First, my fist found his crotch, and I squeezed. I squeezed like my life depended on it.

Second, I blocked his fist as he tried to slap me.

Third, I kneed him in the balls, making him stumble back. Today just wasn’t his lucky day, I guess.

And just for good measure I hit him on the back of his head, his big body preventing him to defend himself in the tiny stall. I had no idea where all of this came from, this wasn’t me at all. But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

He was on the brink of passing out, and I decided to help him out a bit. Finding his gun tucked in the waistband of his jeans I hit him with it. And damn it, but it felt good.

Of course, I was aware that I was in deep , but it felt nice taking back the control.

Stepping over his body, I took his bike’s keys, and started walking towards the exit. I knew I had to escape-this was my last opportunity.  Unfortunately, no plans were coming to mind. Typical, I always had some sort of plan, but the one time that I really needed it, I couldn’t come up with one. ing lovely.

I took the doors that opened directly to the parking lot-instead of the ones that opened up to the shop.

I guess God did love me after all, because I saw Jeff’s bike, parked off by the side, a mere 10 steps away from me. Saying a quick thank you for both that, and the fact that I took my phone and wallet with me, I started walking towards the bike.

It was dark, and the bikers weren’t paying much attention-probably expecting for me and Jeff to be a while. I got to the bike, cold sweat running down my back. I was so close to them that I could smell them-the cigarette smoke and alcohol odor that followed them around.

I knew that once I started the bike I wouldn’t have much time, so I needed a distraction. I found a bottle of vodka strapped to Jeff’s Harley, and since no better ideas came to mind, I just went with it. Slowly walking back and around the gas station, I got to the opposite part of where Jeff’s bike was. There I took off my undershirt and soaked it in vodka. Then, I proceeded to soak the ground with vodka too. Taking my dad’s zippo out of my jacket I laid it on the ground and watched with pleasure as the fire slowly found the vodka.

I ran back to the bike as fast as I could. The bikers noticed the fire- now looking pretty big, and went to investigate. I knew that I wouldn’t get a better chance, so I started the bike and drove off. It took them 15 seconds to realize that Jeff’s bike was gone, but by then I was long gone.

Under the stars, I was finally free again. I had no plans, no clothes, just a stolen bike and an angry mob behind me. But, somehow I knew it would all be okay.

 

 


Uhm, long time no see? This might be ty…but at least it’s an update ehh…