Three

Under the Stars

I tried to quickly recover and to close my mouth, because well, I finally understood why my sister kept saying he was hot. Sure his exterior was rather nice (warm chocolate eyes, kissable lips) but there was this aura around him that told you many things, one of them being that if you were a female you wanted him to father your offspring just because the gene pool was too good to miss out on. I do realize I sound like a geek, but that was honestly how I felt.

He had confidence that on stage could be mistaken for arrogance, but here it just looked natural. His eyes betrayed the experience this man had, but I could see a hint of sadness there too. Those were the most human, yet oddly alien eyes I had even seen. It was like he was guarding his feelings, but he let me take a sneak peak, letting me see his humanity under all of that God given confidence and talent, and then he closed back again, his eyes betraying nothing he didn’t want me to see.

Right now those eyes were staring at me, and now that I had my sneak peak (or I could have just imagined it all), his eyes only held mild annoyance.

“Uhm…hi?” Eloquence was never one of my strongest points, but this even surprised me. Uhm…hi?! Libby, you are trying to persuade the man to take you in, and you say uhm…hi?

He cocked his head to one side, and widened his eyes a bit.

“Hi?” His voice was deeper than what I had heard before, and he had an accent that made the words sound softer, ier. Or it was just my hormones…

“Yeah, sorry for showing up like this…but there is this big storm coming and I kind of…need a place to stay. That sounded wrong, uhm…it would be really nice if you let me wait the storm out in your house since I’m not quite sure how nice it would be to wait it out in my car…” I said, going for the lost puppy look.

I could see it on his face that he didn’t like the idea, but as he glanced behind me at my Mustang I saw something in him change. He frowned as he looked at my car and then to the sky which looked very grim and gray.

“Okay, Miss ‘Hi’, you can stay here during the storm. Nothing more nothing less.” My smile probably resembled a kid who got its chocolate and I saw his resolve break even more. Turning around I walked to my car to grab my stuff. In the distance I could hear the thunder and I realized just how lucky I was I wouldn’t have to spend 5 hours locked in my car.

 

Ji’s POV

I knew I was doing something stupid. I knew it, yet I couldn’t stop myself. It was obvious she recognized me, but still I let her stay. It was just the thought of a girl, and she looked barely legal, being alone in her car on the side of the road during the storm chilled me. I was brought up to respect women, but to also take care of them, and leaving her to fend for herself, no matter how much of a stranger she was, was out of the question. So I let her stay.

She was taking the stuff out of her car, her petite figure half in the car half out, and I wondered what made her run. Because she was running, just like me, maybe not for the same reasons, but it was still all the same. Was she scared? Did somebody hurt her? Somehow, those were the only things that I could think would make such a good girl, and I could see she was a good girl, run away.

But her demeanor was not scared, curious yes, cautious, but not scared. She turned around and looked at me, that silly smile of hers still going on high voltage.

 Gaho and Jolie had already went into the house, since they didn’t like the thunder, and I raised myself from my chair, stretching.

I took one of her bags out of her hands and led her to the house. Just before I let her come in, I remembered I didn’t even know her name.

“Wait, what is your name?”

“Libby.”

“Well, nice to meet you. Shoes off.” I had to hide my smile as I watched her wobble out of her boots, and then she stood before of me in mismatched socks. I grinned and looked at her, and at that moment I knew no matter what happened, I would try to keep her safe. I got this strong urge to protect her, because she was like a lost puppy, alone and vulnerable. Without really wanting to, I now knew I would take care of her.

 

Libby’s POV

He was grinning. Oh God, have mercy. That smile, directed at me…it threw me straight back to when I was 12 and so awkward that it hurt. He seemed less cold now, almost like he had decided that I was alright after all, and now was showing me around the house.

The house was as beautifully decorated from the inside as from the outside. Warm wooden floors, wooden beams, leather sofas and colorful tiles in the kitchen and the bathrooms. I was quite impressed actually, how….homey it felt.

The thunder was closer now, and I involuntarily shivered. It wasn’t that I was terribly scared of thunder, I just didn’t like it very much.

Leaving my bags on the spare bed, I turned around to see Ji leaning on the door frame watching me.

“Since it is obvious now that you are going to stay here for at least a little while, I want to make something clear. I know you know who I am, but I would like to ask you not to tell anybody. Consider it as payment for me letting you stay here.” I just nodded, and he, seemingly happy with my reply, turned around and started walking, yelling that I’m to blame if he poisons me with the food he prepares.

For a second I wondered if I had found what I was looking for before running after him to tell him that I would rather prepare the food, thank you very much.

 

 


This is the definition of fluff…I guess after writing the chapter for Crashing into your Life, I just wanted something benign and fluffy.

The feelings Ji has for her are not insta love…I think they are more along the lines of, she is a young girl, all alone, and he feels like he needs to protect her. Right now it is still the big brother feelings…but that will change…soon muahahaha.

Anyways, tell me what you think ~