One

Under the Stars

 

Kpop star missing!

G-Dragon has gone missing; nobody has seen him for over 3 weeks!

YG is silent about GD's disappearance.

 


My little sister was in tears. Again.

 

“You don't understand! He is gone! “I took a deep breath and reminded myself that I was supposed to be the good older sister. I was never the cool older sister, Lilly had that covered with her tattoos and piercings, but I could be good. Good was my speciality.

 

“Sweetie, he is gonna be fine, probably just got tired of all the fans and needed a break. Now get up, mom says you need to eat dinner.”

 

“No!” She yelled, her head pressed into the pillow. And here I thought people did that only in the movies. She was also jumping on my last nerve, and I was prepared to throw being good out of the window and just pull her out of the bed. Preferably by her hair.

 

“Kimi, either you move or I pull you out of bed.” I said, going for the dangerous voice mom often used.

 

“Oh fine! You are so boring!” She said with a sigh and angrily got out of the bed. After she just as angrily slammed the doors shut, leaving me in her room, I breathed in and out again, reminding myself that just because my younger sister thought I was boring, it did not mean I was actually boring. I had fun…so what if my idea of fun was reading a good book?

 

It was tough being the middle one, with my older sister being the rebel, the bad girl, and my younger sister being as pretty as a supermodel, boys swooning over her every day. And then you had me. What a cruel joke.

 

Suddenly the voice of my best friend echoed in my head: It’s the start of summer vacation, if you are ever gonna do something wild, then now is the time.

Mulling that though over in my head I spent dinner just thinking what I was gonna do. Because I had already decided that I was going to do something.

 

 Then as I watched my sister sniffle because her favorite idol G-Dragon had disappeared the answer came easily to me.

 

It was so simple. Take the car and just drive. A small smile formed on my lips, as it became clear that the usually cautious and careful Libby was finally going to do something reckless. Oh yeah.

 

The next few days I spent gathering supplies and picking up money from my bank account. The plus side of not having a life is that you don’t spend money, so I was actually good to go. Since I was 18 and had a car that was also covered. The only thing left was leaving. I chose to leave the next night.

 

Who would have thought this would be so fun? For once I would do something for myself, to hell with everything else.

 

I wrote a letter to my parents, saying that I would be gone for the summer, that I had no idea where I was going and that I would call every so often. They were so going to freak but there was nothing I could do about that.

 

The next night came quickly and before I knew it I was sneaking out of the house in the middle of the house. On my way out I left the letter on the kitchen table and helped myself to a cookie. What? My mom’s cooking isn’t going on the trip with me, I’m allowed one cookie!

 

Since I put all my bags into my (well it’s from my dad but it is not like he uses it) Mustang, it was on me to just sneak out and get into the car. Everything would have gone fine if my sister Lilly wasn’t making out with some guy on the front porch. Now was definitely not the time for a make out session but there was nothing I could do about it. I just waited and waited in our dark living room.

 

Finally after my sister entered our house and went upstairs, I exited the house, gently closing the doors behind me. Who would have thought that I would never be the same after this trip. Definitely not me.

 

 

The familiar purr of the engine comforted me as I sped away on the highway. Since it was night there were no people driving and I could truly relax and enjoy my new found freedom. I decided to not use maps and just see where the road takes me, and I was surprised how good it felt. No more planning, no more worrying, it was just me.

 

I couldn’t help but to wonder if that idol, G-Dragon I think was his name did the same thing as me. Probably he did, because if I thought my life was hard, his must have been twice as hard, what with the lack of privacy and what not.

 

I wondered what my family would think about their good little girl practically running away. I wondered when…if I would come back. Because suddenly a life with no expectations sound pretty damn good to me. I could waitress around to earn some money and just spend my life on the road, doing whatever the hell I wanted. That sounded like a plan I could enjoy.

 

After a few hours of driving I felt sleep creep into the old leather interior of the Mustang and looked around for any nearby exists.

 

As my luck would have it, the next exit took me to a small road that soon dwindled into a country road.

 

Stopping in the middle of a deserted field I exited the car and looked up, for the first time seeing stars without the city lights destroying their glory.

Smiling up in the air, I finally understood why so many people star gazed. There was something scary, but yet comforting in looking at the stars, so far away that I would never reach them in my life time.

 

When even the stars became blurry and my eyelids started closing I snuck back into the car, curling up into fetal position, enjoying the feeling of being alone and free.

 

 

 


So...this is also unplanned. Wow, I should really plan this out but yeah, tell me what you think! :)