Chapter 3

Be My Type?

Though, at first, Kyungsoo worried about Chanyeol moving around too much and not resting, but that didn’t happen.  Instead, Chanyeol spent his time in his room, moping about ruining his only chance at love.  He would whine, cry, and complain to both Kyungsoo and Jongin over and over again.

“I hate it.  I’m done,” Kyungsoo let out as they left Chanyeol’s room to ask if he wanted to go out.

“Oh come on, Kyungie, give him a break.  I would have reacted the same way,” Jongin let out a comforting smile and ran his hand through the older boy’s hair.

Kyungsoo blushed, “No, you wouldn’t.”

Jongin let out the smallest of laughs.  “I’ll convince him to leave the house.  I promise.”

Kyungsoo looked up at his boyfriend, “For me?”

“For us, the sake of our privacy, and for Chanyeol.”

“Okay, you do that,” Kyungsoo spoke before he plopped himself and waited for Jongin to sit to so he could cuddle up to the larger boy.

“I will,” Jongin said as he sat down, close enough for the pair to already be touching.

~

“Chanyeol?”  Jongin spoke out as he slowly opened the bedroom door.

“What?”  Chanyeol spat, a slight whimper coming after.

“How are you doing?”  Jongin asked as he sat on the bed and rubbed the blanket-covered lump that is Chanyeol.

“Why am I so dumb?”  Chanyeol moved so his eyes and up were outside the blanket dome.

“I assume that means ‘not so good.’”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol sighed as he plopped his head back onto his pillow.

“You should really leave the house,” Jongin suggested, care dripping from his voice.

“I don’t wanna.”

“But you should.  It’s a scientific fact that sunshine can make you happier and you’re locked away in a dark room,” Jongin cooed.

“I still don’t wanna,” The older whined.

“I understand that, Chanyeol, and I’ve asked nicely.  But now, I’m making you.”

“What?”  Chanyeol asked, looking up at Jongin.

“I’m making you leave the house.  Here’s the deal: you have to go grocery shopping or else you won’t be fed.  You see, Kyungsoo won’t buy food for this house and we’ll just eat at my apartment with Sehun.  So, you guy buy food, Kyungsoo will feed you.  You don’t, you’ll starve.”

“That’s not fair,” Chanyeol complained.

“Yeah, well life’s not fair.  And you need to leave the house.  So, go shower and change and make yourself look normal,” Jongin patted Chanyeol’s covered thigh, stood up, and left the boy alone.

A groan erupted out of Chanyeol’s mouth and he burrowed back into the covers, weighing out his options.

~

The next morning, when Kyungsoo didn’t come in with anything for Chanyeol to eat, Chanyeol decided that it was time to go grocery shopping.  The boy lugged himself from bed and dragged his body into the shower.

Once he looked relatively acceptable for public, Chanyeol grabbed his keys, trekked down three flights of stair, and got into his car.

When at the grocery store, Chanyeol spent the majority of his time trying to find thing after thing.  He had picked up a few frozen meals.  Grabbed fruits and vegetables, and was now heading to aisle six for cereal.  As he looked between ‘cocoa puffs’ and ‘lucky charms’ to see which would be better, Chanyeol heard an all too familiar voice.

“Why am I here?”  It spoke.

“Because,” Another voice responded, “You haven’t left the house in days and you need to get out.”

“But I am perfectly content in my room.”

“Oh come on, get over him, Baek.  You said yourself that he must think you’re a weirdo.”

Chanyeol hid his face by pulling up him hood and staring more intently at the ‘cocoa puffs.’

“Yeah, but you said I was over-exaggerating.  Shouldn’t you be making me find him?”

The other person scoffed, “Yeah, like you’d be able to find him.  Remember, it’s your fault for not getting that guy’s number.”

“I didn’t even know if Chanyeol was gay, though.  Imagine how weird that would be,” Baekhyun retorted as he took a few steps closer to Chanyeol to look at some ‘cinnamon toast crunch.’

“Didn’t he have to guy friends that were dating?”

“So?  Doesn’t mean he’s gay.”

“Usually gay people hang out together.  I hang out with you, don’t I?”

Chanyeol snuck a look at the other person and noticed he was around Baekhyun’s height, with slightly tan skin and lips that curved upwards.  Yet, what stood out the most to Chanyeol was that he was a very handsome gay man and hung out with Baekhyun.  That was not okay.

“Yeah, why don’t you hang out with your boyfriend, huh?  Loser, much?”  Baekhyun teased.

Oh.  He was taken.

Chanyeol blushed, realizing how protective he was being over someone he wasn’t even “friends” with.  He looked away from the pair and started looking at the oatmeal.  He didn’t eat it, in fact, he hated it, but he wanted to stay near Baekhyun and this was the only thing he could think of.

“Oh, shush you.  At least I know how to approach a guy.  Seriously, you flirt all the time, but when it comes to actually making a move, you freeze up,” The handsome, yet thankfully spoken for man said.

Baekhyun stuck his nose into the air, “Well, maybe I want the other guy to make a move first, Jongdae.”

The man smiled, “Well, it seems like you made it pretty clear with this Chanyeol guy that you didn’t want that.”

“You think so?”

Chanyeol could hear the sadness and Baekhyun’s voice and he wanted to kiss it away.

“Dunno.”

Chanyeol put down the oatmeal and began pushing his cart away and into another aisle.  This was too much and Chanyeol needed to think.  He needed to figure it all out because he was pretty sure that he just overheard his crush say that the feelings were mutual.

Chanyeol escaped into the frozen dessert aisle and he scoured the ice creams.  Through that process, Chanyeol thought of one thing and one thing only: Baekhyun.  He had come to the conclusion that maybe taking this trip was good.

Perfect, perhaps.

Just like Baekhyun.

It was through that thought process did Chanyeol decide that he couldn’t stand another day without the small, beautiful boy next to him.  It was sudden, scary, and definitely something he had never thought before, but that didn’t matter.  What mattered was if Baekhyun was still in the grocery store of not.

Chanyeol left his cart, making a note to come get it later, and began speed walking through the store.  He looked up and down the aisles and his heart thumped hard enough that people around him must have been able to hear it.  He walked through one of the last aisles before he finally saw the familiar face.

When he saw it, though, all his confidence disappeared.  He stood frozen in the wine section as he watched an oblivious Baekhyun look at white wines.

The other man’s mouth moved and Baekhyun responded, but Chanyeol didn’t hear it.

His body pushed him forth, but Chanyeol didn’t move.

Baekhyun turned and mouth hung open as he saw the younger staring at him, but Chanyeol didn’t react.

He was sure that his face mimicked Baekhyun.  Lifted eyebrows, wide eyes, and an expression that screamed surprise.

“That’s Chanyeol?”

The shocked pair looked at Jongdae who was pointing to the tallest man.

Baekhyun nodded his head slightly.

“Okay, and why aren’t you going up and kissing him?”  Jongdae asked.

“W-what?”  Baekhyun croaked out, his voice finally not failing him.

“Well, based on the look the both of you have, it seems pretty clear he likes you too.”

“W-what?”  Baekhyun repeated.

“Oh my god, you’re impossible,” Jongdae groaned.  He grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist and pulled the other across the aisle to Chanyeol, whose mouth was still open wide.  “I want the both of you to talk.  Become friends, start dating, I don’t care, just do something.”

Both men looked each other in the eyes and it was Chanyeol who finally said something.  “D-do you wanna go grab some coffee from next door?”

Baekhyun blushed, though he wasn’t sure why, and nodded.

The two walked away without saying goodbye to Jongdae.

Chanyeol’s cart was forgotten.

~

When Chanyeol got home that night, he had a smile plastered on his face.  The conversation the two shared had been awkward at the beginning, but luckily, both boys lightened up when they made the same joke about a crappy song.

It was a ridiculous, cheesy joke, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun had cracked up at it.

After that, their talk when smoothly and soon enough, they were arranging a date and Baekhyun was driving the older home since Jongdae had left.

“Hey, how was your day?”  Kyungsoo asked, knowing the older had gone outside.

“It was really good.  I saw Baekhyun and now I have a date with him on Friday,” Chanyeol responded.

“Oh my god, details,” Jongin, who was snuggling up to Kyungsoo, shrieked.

Chanyeol laughed and began explaining everything that had happened.  When he finished, Jongin squealed and ran up to give the larger boy a hug.

“Hey guys, it’s really great that this happened, but where are the groceries?”  Kyungsoo interrupted, looking up from his book.

The wha—oh,” Chanyeol spoke before hanging his head and mumbling a sorry.

~

“Do I look okay?”  Chanyeol frantically asked as he stared in the mirror and fixed his shirt collar.

“You’re going mini golfing, you don’t have to look that good,” Kyungsoo commented.

“Oh relax, Kyungie.  I was like this before I went out with you.  Sehun had to change my outfit twice before I looked fine enough to go out to the movies,” Jongin smiled as he kissed his boyfriend’s cheek.

“Well, it’s still dumb,” Kyungsoo said though the blush on his cheeks told different.

Jongin just laughed and kissed his boyfriend again.

“Yeah, yeah, you guys are adorable.  But seriously, do I look okay?”  Chanyeol held his arms out to give Kyungsoo and Jongin a good look of his outfit.

“Yes, yes, you look perfect.  Baekhyun won’t see it coming, just calm down,” Kyungsoo exaggerated, throwing his hands into the air.

Jongin laughed again, “You look fantastic, Chanyeol.  Baekhyun will be awe-struck.”

Chanyeol gave off his famous smile and then abruptly said goodbye.

~

While driving to pick up Baekhyun, Chanyeol was anxious.  He felt like he was going to puke, pee, and pass out all at the same time.

Yet, when he saw Baekhyun, all that worry washed away.

“I love you outfit,” Baekhyun commented after he invited Chanyeol in while he finished getting ready.

“I love your eyeliner,” Chanyeol smiled, realizing that the eyeliner really was incredible.

“Oh, don’t humor me, Channie.  This is nothing like I can really do.  It’s a shame you haven’t seen me with eyeliner, yet.”

“Why didn’t you wear any at the hospital?”  Chanyeol asked as he looked around the average sized apartment that the younger assumed he shared with Jongdae.

“Against the rules for a guy to wear it,” Baekhyun shrugged as he pulled on his shoes and stood up.  “I’m ready.”

Chanyeol nodded and led the beautiful nurse out of the complex and to his car.

~

As the date ensued, Chanyeol quickly realized how badly he wanted to kiss Baekhyun.  Now, the want to kiss him wasn’t sudden, but the fact that Baekhyun was clearly taunting him was.

The older would constantly his lips, pout, and make any other type of movement with them that would draw Chanyeol’s attention.

“I know what you’re doing,” Chanyeol whispered in Baekhyun’s ear while the smaller lined up his ball for the 12th hole.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Baekhyun denied as he swung his club to hit the ball and luckily go past the windmill.  He turned around and flashed a clueless smile that seemed more like a smirk.

“You sly minx,” Chanyeol spoke as the pair moved on to see where their balls had gone.

Baekhyun then burst out laughing, causing both of them to stop.  The older was holding his stomach and trying not to topple over.  “Sly minx?”  He questioned between laughs.

“What?”  Chanyeol asked, confusion emitting from his voice.

“You’re a dork,” Baekhyun said as he finally began straightening up continuing to move.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, not sure what had just happened.  Though the younger was pretty sure that it was good, so he shrugged it off and followed Baekhyun with an adorable smile plastered on his face.

And Baekhyun had to agree.  All night, Baekhyun had been hinting to being kissed because, in all honesty, the boy had waited less than a week and was already fed-up with how close they weren’t.

Chanyeol was amazing to him.  Chanyeol was a handsome idiot that Baekhyun wanted to either hug of hit.  Whether it was good or bad, Chanyeol was Baekhyun’s perfect type.

The older boy turned around to flash a smile at Chanyeol, who was following close behind him.  In his head, he silently prayed that Chanyeol would kiss him.

~

Near the end of the date, Chanyeol decided that he was, in fact, going to kiss Baekhyun.  He had two options: Not succumb to whatever game Baekhyun was playing, or kiss the older.  To Chanyeol, kissing Baekhyun sounded a lot more.

“Ready to go?”  Chanyeol asked when Baekhyun skipped up to him from the bathroom.

Baekhyun exaggerated a nod that made Chanyeol want to squeal at the cuteness.  The younger boy nodded back and got into his car.

On the way back, the two talked casually, with Baekhyun occasionally giving Chanyeol directions to his apartment.  It was surprising how comfortable the two were even though they had only known each other for a few days.

“So, Channie, you never told me what you did for a living?”  Baekhyun asked at he looked at the concentrated boy.

“Well, I’m currently studying music at a school close by, but I work at a studio.  I basically search out talent and either promote them or help them make their dreams come true,” Chanyeol responded, a smile growing on his face.

Baekhyun nodded, “I always wanted to sing for a job.”

Chanyeol turned his head to the smaller boy because they were at a red light.  “Why don’t you try out?  We have plenty of guys come in that we help out until he send them off to a bigger company.  Like pre-training, I guess.  We get paid a lot for it so we’ve been doing it for a while.”

“Oh, I could never try out.  I would be too nervous,” Baekhyun retorted.

Chanyeol laughed, “I haven’t even heard you sing and I already love you voice.  Plus, my friend Kyungsoo is auditioning.  Why not do it together?”

“I don’t know your friend.”

“It would give you a chance too.”

Baekhyun looked down at his lap.  He knew Chanyeol was right.  “Okay, I will.  Maybe my friend Jongdae can help us with a song.  He teaches music.”

Chanyeol flashed a smile that was somehow bigger than all his other smiles.  “that sounds perfect.  He’s the one from the grocery store, right?”

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeah.  Don’t be jealous though.  He’s dating another teacher there.”

“I know,” Chanyeol said before he could think.

“How?”  Baekhyun asked.

“Oh, um, you were making fun of him for not hanging out with his boyfriend while at the grocery store.  The cereal aisle, I think,” Chanyeol stuttered, his face turning slightly pink.

“You saw me then?”  Baekhyun rapidly questioned.

“Y-yeah . . .”

“And you didn’t think of talking to me?”

“N-no . . .”

“God dammit, Channie.  You’re hopeless.”

“S-sorry.”

Baekhyun laughed, “It’s fine.  I still like you.”

Both men blushed at the comment.

~

“Bye,” Baekhyun spoke as he turned away to hop out of the car.  His heart was dropping a mile as he came to a realization that his seducing hadn’t worked and Chanyeol won’t be kissing him.

But, before he was fully out of the car, Chanyeol grabbed the back of Baekhyun’s neck and smashed their lips together.

It was sloppy, to say the least, but both of them still really liked it.

When Chanyeol pulled away he smiled, ‘Sorry, I like surprise kisses.”

Baekhyun smiled and then pushed his lips back onto Chanyeol’s.  “Me too,” he said when he pulled away.

“So cheesy,” Chanyeol whispered.

Baekhyun pulled back with a whine and lightly hit to boy next to him.  “Ah, don’t ruin the moment.”

“But you are cheesy!”  Chanyeol protested.

“And you’re a poo!”

Chanyeol laughed in response, “You kissed a poo.”

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at the younger man.  “I wish I didn’t.”

Chanyeol smiled vanished and he pouted, but then it was replaced with a smirk.  “I can change that.”  Chanyeol began leaning in.

Baekhyun gasped before quickly getting out of the car.  “Maybe another time, Channie.”  He slammed the door and began heading into his apartment complex.

Chanyeol laughed before turning his car on and driving home.


A/N: Sorry this took a while.  I've been really busy and this part is a lot longer.  ALSO, it's the last-ish part.  Next is the epilogue and then I'll be starting a SuChen fic so keep an eye out for that.

This whole story is pretty short so I hope you weren't expecting much more!

Feel free to subscribe, upvote, and comment because that would make me happier than Jongdae when one of his pranks was successful.