Chapter 2

Be My Type?

For the next while, Chanyeol stared down at his lap and thought.

What did he think about?

Well, Baekhyun of course.

He thought about Baekhyun’s small frame and what it would feel like to wrap his arms around it.  He thought about where the boy could be ticklish and what he would do if he was tickled.   Would he thrash away or giggle like crazy?  Chanyeol also thought about how Baekhyun went from sarcastic, to charming, and to blushing and shy in one second.  It was incredible.  Baekhyun was incredible.  Not only did Chanyeol think about how great Baekhyun was, but he thought about how great the two would be together.

But, how was he supposed to make that happen?

Oh, the issues of being Park Chanyeol.  So romantic, yet so clueless.

The day proceeded on with Kyungsoo and Jongin coming back, their hair being disheveled along with clothes.  It was obvious what had happened.

“Guys, that’s gross,” Chanyeol cringed as his mind flashed with the visual.

Both boys just smiled and Jongin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo.

It was cute, really cute.  And Chanyeol imagined doing that with Baekhyun and soon enough, the giant’s heart ached.  He wanted to stand up, rip out his IV and run around until he found Baekhyun.  Then he wanted to pull the boy into a kiss him with all the passion he could muster.

And god damn if he wasn’t ed.

“Hey, what’s up with you?  You look like you’re lost in space, and that smile is a lot creepier than your usual one,” Kyungsoo commented as he poked his friend in the head.

Jongin gave out another snicker and pulled up behind his boyfriend, wrapping his arm around his waist again.  It was basically their signature pose.  “You know, Kyungie, that’s the smile I had when I thought about you.  It’s loving.”  The younger leaned down to kiss Kyungsoo’s cheek, causing Kyungsoo to smile.

“Are you saying you think ‘Yeol’s in love?”  Kyungsoo asked, turning his neck to get a better look at his boyfriend.

“I’m not in love!  And stop talking to me like I’m not here!”  Chanyeol protested.

Both boys laughed.  “He’s in love,” Jongin spoke.

“Totally.”

“I’m not!”

“Oh, oh, Kyungie, I bet it’s that nurse that came in here!”  Jongin exclaimed.

“Oh yeah, it probably is.  I can totally see them together!”

“How?”  Chanyeol asked.  “I never had a type until I met Baekhyun?”

Both boys looked at Chanyeol and gasped.  “So you do like Baekhyun!”  Kyungsoo laughed.

Chanyeol groaned, “Whatever.  But,” He looked up with puppy eyes, “Is it that obvious that I like him?”

Kyungsoo and Jongin giggled.  “Sorry, Chanyeol, but it is,” Jongin explained as he detached himself from his other half to ruffle the patient’s hair.

Chanyeol let out another groan.  Baekhyun must be able to tell too.

~

“All done,” Baekhyun smiled up at Chanyeol as he finished scribbling down his last not.  “You’ll be released tomorrow morning.”

Chanyeol smiled and nodded, though he really didn’t want to leave.

“Now, I could give you the speech now about being careful and then give it to you tomorrow again, but I’m too lazy.  So, instead, I will bid you a goodbye.  See you tomorrow, Channie,” Baekhyun joked as he pulled opened the door.  He gave a small wave and left.

Chanyeol’s smiled disappeared and a frown took its place.  He’d leave tomorrow and never seen Baekhyun again.  Just like many times before, Chanyeol wanted to rip out of his IV and find Baekhyun to kiss the small boy.

“Hey, ‘Yeol.  You okay?”  Kyungsoo asked as he came into the room, surprisingly not having Jongin attached to his hip.

“I’m fine,” The boy sighed.

“Bull,” Kyungsoo spoke, letting out a not-so-common swear.

That meant bad news.  Chanyeol looked down at his lap, “I won’t see him ever again.”

Kyungsoo took a seat and ran his hands through his friend’s hair.  “It’s going to be fine, ‘Yeol.  Actually, it’ll be more than fine.  You can easily just ask Baekhyun for his number and call him up.  It’s easy.”

Chanyeol scoffed, “That’s easy for you to say.  Jongin asked you out the moment he saw you.”

Kyungsoo blushed, “No, he didn’t.”

“You know he did.  He literally ran up to us and made a stupid excuse about a survey to find out if you were gay or not.  What was it again?  ‘South Korea’s Survey for the Population of Homouals’?”

“Shut up.”

Chanyeol smiled.  “See?  You didn’t have to do any work; Jongin fell to your feet.  I, on the other hand, am not like you or Jongin.”

Kyungsoo sighed, “You’re right.  You’re Park Chanyeol.  Outgoing, goofy, loving, a little too obsessed with my boyfriend at times, and very enduring.   So, how about instead of moping, you ask Baekhyun for his number and you call him when you get out for drinks.”

Chanyeol smiled, “I will.  Thanks, Soo.”

The younger boy gave a smile back, “Anytime.  Now, I’m off to my date with Jongin.  We’re going to the movies!”  The boy hopped up and practically skipped out of the hospital room.

Chanyeol smiled and shook his head.  It was incredible.  Kyungsoo loved movies.  Kyungsoo loved Jongin.  And the combination was something insanely amusing.

~

“Hey, Channie,” Baekhyun smiled as he waltzed into the hospital room.

Chanyeol looked up from his lap.  He was previously in deep thought about the boy who was now in front of him.  “B-Baekhyun?  What are you doing here?  I thought I wouldn’t see you again until tomorrow?”

Baekhyun batted his hand, “I don’t have anything to do.”

Chanyeol almost broke into the biggest grin ever when he heard those words.  So during your free-time, Baekhyun wanted to spend it with him?

“A-and I don’t want my boss to see me so I just thought why not hang out with Channie?  Most of my patients are old and unentertaining anyways.”

The almost-biggest-smile was gone and replaced with a small frown.  Did that mean Chanyeol was a last option?

“So,” Baekhyun gave a smile and sat on the foot of Chanyeol’s bed, “What do you usually do in here?”

Chanyeol looked up from his lap when the bed dipped.  “Um, I usually just listen to your music and think.”

“What do you think about?”  Baekhyun tilted his head in curiosity.

And even though Chanyeol was sad and confused, he wanted to lean forward, grab the nurse, and kiss him.  He could easily do it to.  The smaller boy was too sweet.  He was curious about Chanyeol and he really showed it in a way that made his patient’s heart flutter.

“Not a lot.  My problems, music, things like that,” Chanyeol mumbled.

Baekhyun nodded, “You really like music, huh?  Do you play any instruments?”

Chanyeol immediately lightened up.  “I do, actually.  I play guitar and drums, but I learned by listening so I don’t really know how to read notes.  I love it though, it’s basically what I do when I have any time on my hands.”

Baekhyun’s smile grew, “You know, I don’t think I could learn by sound.  I play piano and sing, and I understand your method for singing, but I need notes when I play my piano.

Chanyeol had probably one of the biggest smiles ever plastered on his face.  This moment was so perfect.  He was bonding with Baekhyun and the two actually did have quite a bit in common.  “Well then, you’re going to have to sing for me sometime.”

“Only if you play guitar to accompany me,” The older obviously flirted back.

“Of course,” Chanyeol a smile glistening his features.

Baekhyun looked around the room before his eyes landed on Chanyeol again.  “Where are your friends?”  He asked.

“They went on a date,” Chanyeol explained.  “They probably won’t be back for a few hours, if at all.  Jongin is a bit of a . . . uh . . . fiend.”

Baekhyun gave out a small laugh, “Who can blame him?  is great.  Especially gay .”  Baekhyun winked.

Chanyeol stared at the boy, wide-eyed.  It wasn’t so much Baekhyun being gay that surprised him because Baekhyun was obviously gay, but it was how open the boy was about .  Quickly thinking on his feet, Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and let out a scoff.  “You probably haven’t even had , little boy.”

Baekhyun’s mouth gaped open and he stood up from the bed, eyes filled were furry.  “Are not!”

Chanyeol held back the giggle that was resting in the back of his throat.  Baekhyun looked like a baby cub trying to roar for the first time when he was angry.  “Are too,” He persisted.

“Are not!  I can prove it to you too!”

It was Chanyeol’s to look aghast.  He stared at the smirking boy and felt his cheeks heat up.  “You did that on purpose,” He mumbled as he looked down at his lap and frowned.\

“I did, but you do look really cute when you blush, Channie.  Plus, I’m not a ,” Baekhyun said as he gave a sincere smile and ran a hand through Chanyeol’s hair.

Chanyeol looked up, “I should be the one making you blush.”

“Ah, you do that enough,” Baekhyun assured the boy before a silence over-took them.

No, not a comfortable silence.  An awkward silence.  One where both boys had just realized the conversation they had.

“I should get to work,” Baekhyun squeaked and abruptly left the room.

Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh when his crush had left.  This was not good.  He didn’t want Baekhyun to avoid him.

~

But Baekhyun did just that.  The older boy called in sick the next day, so Chanyeol was taken care of by a middle-aged woman who really didn’t care about Chanyeol’s love life problems.  The boy let out a sigh as the woman droned on about how careful he was going to have to be.  His mind was too busy to focus; at least Kyungsoo was there to pay attention.

~

“Yo, lover-boy, why’re you so out of it?”  Jongin asked as he poked Chanyeol’s head.

Chanyeol swatted him away and glared, “Shut up.”

Kyungsoo laughed, “Baekhyun and ‘Yeol took flirting too far and now ‘Yeol thinks that Baekhyun is ignoring him just because he called in sick.”

“It makes sense!”  Chanyeol protested.  “He ran out of the hospital room and I haven’t seen him since!”

Kyungsoo sighed, “He was probably just flustered.  You can fix it later.”

Chanyeol gasped, “No, I can’t!  I never got his number.”  Chanyeol leaned forward and banged his head on the dashboard, “Ugh, I’m so dumb.”

“Hey, don’t do that.  We don’t want to have to go to the hospital again for a concussion.

Chanyeol made a sarcastic face that really just looked weird.  “Wow, you’re so funny,” He groaned back.

Jongin laughed, “Such a party pooper.  I think your jokes are hilarious, Kyungie.”

Kyungsoo blushed and smiled, though Jongin couldn’t see.  “Thank you, Jongin.  At least one person appreciates my humor.”

“You two ,” Chanyeol replied as he hit his head on the dashboard again.


A/N: I got a lot more subscribers for this than I thought I would, oh my god, hi!!  This part is a bit shorter, but if I didn't end it here, the real ending would just be weird and mismatched.  Yeah, so, please enjoy.

Feel free to subscribe, comment and upvote because that would make me happier than Jongin when Kyungsoo gives him a lot of attantion!