Thoughts

Rekindled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine: Thoughts

 

 

YUN-JI's POV:

 

 

 

Slowly opening my eyes I can feel my sore muscles relax and the throbbing pain that I had been having for days gone. I think I have rested more than enough to feel so refreshed.

 

 

 

Glancing around my room I saw the lamp placed on top of my bedside table on emitting off dimlight that helped me assess my surroundings. Everything had been peach black that clearly states it was night time. I might have slept for a couple of hours since the afternoon talk with mom.

 

 

 

Speaking of which, as I turned my head I saw someone's shadow lurking at the balcony. Sitting upright I reluctantly and lazily stood up as I walked towards the said figure after realizing that my energy have not totally reach its optimum level.

 

 

 

Nearing the open space I leaned over the balcony's door as I noticed Mom was having a conversation through her phone. I don't mean to eavesdrop because it was not clearly my business to know what both she and the person she's talking with are trying to do but I can't help but to overhear what she was saying. If it is private she must have talked inside the closed walls of the study room but she didn't, so I think it was fine this is my room after all...

 

 

 

"Honey, I won't be able to go back soon.”

 

 

 

I heard Mom said on the line it must have been Dad she is talking with. There is something about him that always made me so nervous although he had been so exemplary nice to me I can't help but feel terrified whenever he is near. He just gives that kind of strict and authoritative aura that makes you follow him that every certain moment he gives a command...

 

 

 

"Can you at least give me two weeks to a month...?"

 

 

 

 I momentarily froze on my spot unnoticeably gripping the door's handle for support if any minute I might fail to support my own. I never thought that it will take long for Mom to stay... a week is bearable, but a month?.. I don't like the terrible feeling I might be having when she finally notice that there is something wrong between me and her son. What kind of excuses am I going to give that will make her believe that our relationship is doing well. His absence will definitely make Mom go berserk...

 

 

 

 After taking the flight to Canada tracking where he is currently staying and surprising me with a fact that he is with someone no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter