Eugene Han

Rekindled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter One: Eugene Han

 

 

Incheon International Airport…

 

A lonely figure with hunched shoulders and head hanging low slumped on one of the benches waiting…

 

“Calling all passengers with flight numbers 5J 188 bound to Canada.. the plane is ready for boarding…”

.

.

After hearing the announcement with a heavy sigh I literally dragged my feet towards the plane that will lead me to my so called unforeseen future.

 

Nearing the departure gate I stepped dead on my tracks and with one final look I muttered….. “Goodbye Yun-Ji... I might not be able to see you again but when I do I hope to see you happy again.”

 

 

 

After a long tiring trip I feel really exhausted and there’s only one place that comes into my mind where I can fully recuperate. Striding my way out of the airport with luggage at hand I hailed a cab and instructed the driver to drop me off to the address written in the piece of paper I handed him.

 

After 30 minutes of waiting I finally arrived at my destination. Thanking the ahjussi for the safe trip before opening the door on my side I scanned my surroundings nothing changed. Tracing my steps to the stone path leading to the entrance I slowly open the front door and then suddenly I felt someone’s presence.

 

“What have I done good that you finally graced me with you presence?”

 

The first question I heard after stepping foot at the luxurious house. I was taken aback. I didn’t expect to see her this early.

 

“And I love you too” I replied to the beautiful girl who welcomed me.

 

Seeing her made me literally forget the throbbing pain I had been feeling since the time I walked out of my home, my marriage and my life.

 

“It’s been more than a decade since the last time I’ve seen you… and I missed you so much…” She abruptly went up to me hugging me so tightly that I can barely breathe. Slowly, she positioned her chin towards the angle between my neck and shoulder after giving me a sweet peck on my cheek.

 

We just stayed like that for a couple of seconds more. I was feeling a little lighter.

 

“Hey Jong-Ineee…” she started.

 

“Hmmm…?” I replied.

 

“How long are you going to stay? “

 

Silence engulfed us. I was thinking maybe this will be the best way to start the new life I was going to buidt and I think this little one will be of big help just like the old times. Realizing I had been quiet for a long time I quickly replied.

 

“Not too soon Genie-yah… besides we are of age wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter