One

Subject 51108

Minseok gripped the egde of the window sill tighter, his knuckles turning white. Streaks of dried tears stained his cheeks. The distant screams kept getting louder and louder. He felt like screaming himself but he didn't have the strength in him to do it.

 

A thought continued to run past Minseok's mind. Why couldn't it have been him that died instead of his family? 

 

The screams never seemed to stop and Minseok winced as he continued to stare out the window, scowling at what the world had become. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he loosened his grip on the window sill, about to walk away when something in the distance caught is attention. Someone was running and they didn't look like they were in a good condition. Minseok squinted his eyes and the person fell, two people in white picking them up and taking the person away. His eyes followed the person that was being dragged and out of no where, a man slammed both of his palms against the window. Minseok jumped backwards in fear and fell down, slowly crawling backwards. 

 

"Go hide! Now!" The man yelled, trying to warn Minseok.

 

Minseok's heart was beating at a fast pace and his breathing was also at an un normal pace. He continued to stare at the man before the man fell down, his palms sliding off the glass of the window. Minseok qiuckly stumbled to his feet and rushed out of the room, trying to not trip over his feet as he ran up the steps. He opened his bedroom door and quickly closed it behind him. He didn't think that they would have have come so soon.

 

Minseok paced around his room, trying to find a place where he could hide. He thought about hiding under his bed but then he realized that that would be the first place they would check. He continued to pace nervously around his room but he stopped in his tracks when he heard banging on the front door. His heart beat sped up again and he turned around, his eyes spotting the closet. 

 

Minseok winced when he heard the quiet bang of the front door being busted open. He quickly opened the closet door with his shaking hands and closed it behind him. He hid in one of the corners, putting a hand over his mouth to try to quiet his heavy breathing. Muffled footsteps pounded up the stairs and the longer Minseok paid attention to them, the more scared he got. Once the footsteps stopped, the bedroom door creaked open slowly. When it was opened fully, hesitant people walked in.  Minseok listened to the footsteps again and it sounded like they were checking under the bed. Thankfully Minseok didn't hide there.

 

They were going to continue looking around the room until they found what they wanted, Minseok. He kept his eyes closed and his hand over his mouth as he pressed farther back into the closet.

 

"I think were done here." A person said.

 

Some footsteps faded away once they reached the door. "Wait-" a sudden voice demanded. "Check the closet."

 

Just when Minseok got his heart calmed down, it sped right back up. Shadows formed at the bottom of the door and Minseok could tell they were standing right in front of it. His breathing became ragged when the click of the door knob reached his ears, the door knob turning. The door creaked open and Minseok had no idea what to do now. They had found him.

 

The door was quickly flung open and Minseok's heart skipped a beat. "Found him!" The person yelled, grabbing Minseok harshly and dragging him out of the closet. What were they going to do with him now that they found him? Another person grabbed his other arm and the two people walked Minseok out of the house. 

 

"W-where are you taking-" Minseok was cut off.

 

"Shut up!"

 

"But I-" 

 

They stopped walking and one of the people stood in front of Minseok with a mean glare on his face. The man punched Minseok, knocking him to the gorund. The last thing he saw before everything went black was the people's arms reaching out to carry him.

 

-----

 

When Minseok woke up he was sitting in a corner of a room. There were other people in the room, people that Minseok had never seen before. He tried to move his jaw but winced in pain as he brought a hand up to his mouth, finding a busted lip and some dried blood. Minseok sighed and brought his knees up to his chest, hiding his face in them with his forehead on his knees.

 

"So they got you to?"

 

Minseok didn't even bother looking up at the person. "I'm here aren't I?"

 

Mineok heard the person sit down next to him and he turned his head to the side to get a look at the person. It was just a boy with black hair, probably only a teenager.Minseok kept looking at him, wondering what his story was.

 

"Did they hit you?" The boy asked, sounding shocked.

 

"Isn't it odvious?"

 

When the boy looked down with a small pout, Minseok felt bad for the boy because of the way he was treating him. Maybe he'd been through a lot like Minseok had. "Sorry…" Minseok muttered and turned his head back so that his forehead was on his knees again.

 

After a few minutes of silence between the two boys, the door to the room opened and closed. Minseok really didn't care about what was going on. Until people began shouting. Both boys looked up and saw something that didn't need to happen. A young boy was being taken away from his family. The mother was crying and the father was trying to keep their son with them. In the end, the boy was taken and the mother clung to the father while she cried.

 

As Minseok continued to look, he felt the left sleeve of his shirt being lifted. He snapped his head to the side quickly and the black haired boy jumped, letting go of the sleeve. "What are you doing?" Minseok asked.

 

"Looking at your number…" the boy explained.

 

"What number?" 

 

For a while, the boy stayed quiet and didn't answer Minseok's question. Before he answered he began to fiddle with his fingers. "When they take us and bring us here… were not known as human beings anymore… were subjects. And were given these numbers so that when they call us or something, they say our number. I'm number 19802"

 

Minseok lifted up his own sleeve and looked at the number that was on his arm. The skin was red and sore with bold, black numbers that read 51108. He lightly tapped at the red skin and winced in pain. How did he not wake up when they gave him his number?

 

The younger boy's eyes began to fill with water and Minseok didn't know what to do. When he saw a tear roll down his face, Minseok wrapped an arm around him and brought the boy closer. He rubbed the boy's shoulder and let him cry it out. Minseok really didn't know what to do since he's never really comforted anyone before.

 

The boy soon fell asleep on Minseok and Minseok actually didn't mind it. Half because he was trrying to comfort the boy and half because he could use the boy's head as a pillow as he fell asleep. Minseok fell asleep quickly along with the other people in the room.

 

Maybe an hour into Minseok's sleep, the door to the room opened and again, Minseok really didn't care what was happening. But when he felt he was being pulled at, trying to be lifted up, he was wide awake. And so was the boy. They were the ones that were screaming this time and waking everybody up.

 

"No!" Minseok screamed as he tried to get out of the tight grip of the person that was lifting him up. The boy began screaming too. Minseok didn't want to leave the boy, he felt like he could trust him the most out of everybody here.

 

But as hard as Minseok tried, he couldn't get back to him. They closed the dooor after he was out of the room and took him into a different room that had less people in it. Tears were threatening to spill down his cheeks but he wouldn't let them, yet. The people threw him to the floor and slammed the door shut, leaving Minseok in a dark room with more people he's never seen before.

 

~~~~~

Yay the first chapter is up! I honestly don't know if this story will be good or not because I actually stopped writing about 2 months ago. So it might help if you guys leave some comments, critical or not. I'd always be happy to read them. And a shout out to the first few subscribers to the story!

 thehun-ah

Mymanlydeerluhan

smiley44

Rei_091500

jinwoo27

Tokyoangel1000

buu4me

hiimtiff

sumiko9090

maya143

anieina

kimxiuhan