Chapter 8

Electric Heart

CHAPTER 8

 

                     It had been a week. Seven whole days without Jonghyun. Key knows that Onew doesn’t mind him staying over, but he couldn’t help but miss the apartment he used to share with Jonghyun.

                     With nothing else to fill the time he usually spends with Jonghyun, he started to write. He wrote songs and poured all his heartbreak into them. It was the only way to drown out the silence when Onew wasn’t home.

 

**********

 

                     Jonghyun sighed. A whole week without Key. He sent him a letter but didn’t have the courage to send it to Key, afraid of Key’s reaction.

                     He took the letter out of his pocket and reread it for the thousandth time.

 

Kibum,

                     I guess our relationship isn’t perfect. I’m not perfect, and neither are you. It’s how it is and that’s a fact we can’t change. To tell the truth though, I wouldn’t change anything. I wouldn’t ask you to be perfect, because to me, your flaws are what make me love you, because it’s who you are.

                     If I told you that I’m not hurt that you don’t trust me, then I’d be lying. I would also be lying if I said I don’t love you.

                     I’m angry. I’m angry and hurt that you don’t trust me enough that you have to spy on me. Is it that I didn’t love you enough? That I didn’t love you right? Is it because I couldn’t show my affection in public? Or is it that my actions doesn’t prove that I love you?

                     But I can let everything go if it meant having you again, because to tell the truth, I can’t live without you. I miss waking up with you next to me and I miss hearing you laugh. I miss you teasing me every chance you get and I miss you singing me lullaby’s when I can’t sleep. I miss you.

                     I would give everything just to have you again. Where did we go wrong? I know we can’t turn back time, but I would like you in my arms again. I know I’m nothing without you.

                     Give me a chance? I promise to love you the way you deserved to be loved. I don’t care about what everybody thinks anymore. I love you and I want the world to know it. I shouldn’t have hidden my love for you from the world, because it’s the thing I’m the proudest of. The world can be against us, but in the end, you make me happy and that’s all that matters.

                     If you won’t be mine again… just know that I will always love you.

                     Love always,

Your puppysaur.

(And nobody else’s)

 

                      Jonghyun sighed. He folded the letter and put it back into his pocket.                      

 

**********

 

                      Taemin sighed contentedly into Minho’s chest. They were cuddling on the beach again. Taemin trailed a finger down Minho’s cheek.

                      “You’re beautiful, you know that? And this is beautiful. Being with you is wonderful. I can’t wait for two more weeks till we finally get the rings!” Taemin said softly in Minho’s ear.

                      “Why do you need the rings to make it official? You’re already mine, are you not? And I love you. We know that. We don’t need a couple of pretty rings to prove that. I already consider you as my husband. Don’t you?”

                      “Of course, hubby.” Taemin smiled. Sometimes, Minho can be so sure and wise when it came to love. He really did love this guy to death.

                      Minho suddenly sat up and started coughing. He clutched at his chest and his face turned red. Taemin looked at Minho in alarm. “M-minho? Are you okay?!” Taemin asked frantically, not taking in the fact that Minho couldn’t answer him in his coughing state.

                      Suddenly, Minho stopped coughing and his face went back to its normal shade of light pink. Taemin looked at Minho in surprise.

                      “I’m fine, Taemin. Just a bit of coughing.” Minho assured Taemin.

                      “Are you sure? Should we go back to the hospital?” Taemin asked, concerned.

                      “Of course not. Just lie down here with me. I’m fine.” Minho smiled, pulling Taemin back down to lie on his chest.

                      Something’s not right. My chest hurts like hell. I should get it checked out. But it’s probably nothing. I shouldn’t worry Taemin. Minho thought to himself as he tried not to wince from the pain in his chest.

 

**********

 

                      Minho waited until Taemin went on vacation with his family for a few days to get his heart checked out. That Thursday, when the nurses came in to did the weekly repair, he told the nurse about the coughing incident at the beach the other night.

                      The nurse frowned and called for the doctor. The doctor listened intently about Minho’s description of the pain he felt in his chest and the coughing. The doctor kept quiet, but asked that Minho have a bigger repair procedure.

                      After checking his heart for the third time, the doctor asked the nurses to leave Minho’s hospital room. He sighed. He had seen Minho grow up in this hospital. He noticed the boy who always came. He noticed that Minho was always happy when he saw the boy. He wasn’t surprised when Minho told him that they were getting married.

                      Minho looked at the doctor, expecting the worse. The doctor had a sad look in his eyes when he finally told Minho the truth.

                      “Minho… I’m sorry, but there is nothing we can do. Your heart is rusted and I think it might be because of your trips to the beach. We would change a new heart for you, but your body is too weak for a surgery like that. Anyway, the heart in you is already the most advanced technology we have right now, so we can’t upgrade your heart. And replacing your heart with the same model would probably not help either, since the area around your heart is affected. The infection has travelled near your lungs and there is really nothing we can do anymore. I’m sorry.” The doctor said sadly.

                      Minho didn’t want to believe what he heard. Now that he had found a reason to live, he didn’t want to die. He couldn’t leave Taemin behind.

                      “How long do I still have?” Minho asked, his voice breaking.

                      “We’re not sure. At the most, you might have a couple of weeks left. We estimate that you will have around one week left. Who knows though, miracles might happen.” The doctor didn’t want Minho to give up just yet, even though there isn’t any hope left.

                      Minho nodded. He called his parents and his lawyer after the doctor exited the room. He needed to have things arranged quickly. He didn’t have much time left. He needed to get things sorted out before he ran out of time.

 

 

 

 

A/N :

WHAT?! MINHO IS GONNA DIE?!

Okay okay I know this is a weird way to die. xD

And I know you're gonna kill me for this.

But.. just keep in mind that this story is just fiction and  in no way based on scientific facts.

And.. I couldn't think of any other way to let him die :\

Besides, it goes with the story (:

So I'm gonna continue with the plot.

Now while you guys are gonna come after me and claw out my eye balls, I'll go enjoy some chocolate.

Oh and blast my speakers with some SHINee or FTI music.

Just cause you know.. I can :D and of course cause I EFFING LOVE THEM. <3

That's all. I'll update as soon as I can but exams are coming up so I might be a little busy. :\

P/S. Hopefully I'll get my inspiration for the next few chapters. Cause you know, you can get inspiration from music. And chocolate.

Love ya for reading! AND LOVE YOU FOR COMMENTING :D