Chapter 6

Electric Heart

 

CHAPTER 6

 

                     Jonghyun unlocked the door of Onew’s apartment with the key that Onew had handed him earlier. Key jumped when he turned around and saw Jonghyun standing at the entrance of the apartment.

                     “What are you doing here? Oh I should’ve known that when Onew hyung says he has a date, it’s always with chicken. Obviously you used chicken to bribe him again? Well I have nothing to say to you, so would you please just leave?!” Key said to Jonghyun, a mix of emotions running through him. He was angry and heartbroken. Of course, he felt betrayed by his Onew hyung too.

                     “Hey I can’t help it if Onew hyung likes chicken that much! Anyway, I came to apologize. Won’t you just listen to my explanation?” Jonghyun pleaded.

                     “Don’t blame this on Onew! Your explanation? What explanation? Get the hell out of here!” Key said, starting to raise his voice.

                     “Please, bummie. Just listen for a minute okay?” Jonghyun continued pleading.

                     “What else is there to listen to? I’ve seen the evidence!” Key was screaming by now.

                     “What evidence? You always assume things without finding out the truth! I’m tired of you suspecting me all the time!” Jonghyun suddenly felt angry.

                     “W-what? So now it’s my fault?” Key asked Jonghyun.

                     “I’m just saying that if you didn’t spy on me and just trusted me, everything would be fine!” Jonghyun answered.

                     Key walked to Jonghyun and stared him right in the eye.

                     “Get the hell out.” Key quietly said, trying to keep the tears from streaming down his face, but failing.

                     Jonghyun softened. He reached up to wipe a tear off Key’s face. “I’m sorry, bummie. I’m sorry I shouted at you. Can’t you just listen for a minute?”

                     “GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHT! I DON’T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!” Key screamed in Jonghyun’s face, pushing Jonghyun’s hand away.

                     Jonghyun felt Key’s words like a slap on the face. He lowered his hand and walked out the door, stunned.

                     Key collapsed on the ground when the door closed behind Jonghyun. He cried and cried like he never cried before. He felt the loss. He wanted to scream, but he couldn’t. He just cried and cried.

 

**********

 

                     Onew was eating chicken when he heard a voice from far away. The voice was coming from a girl standing right next to him, but being too engrossed in eating his chicken, he didn’t realize that the girl was talking to him.

                     He felt a tap on the shoulder and finally looked up. The girl looked annoyed that Onew didn’t hear her even though she repeated herself a few times.

                     “Yah! Where is your brain? I was talking to you for about 2 minutes already! I just happened to have a craving for chicken and I found you here when I walked in. Do you mind not totally shutting out the world when you’re eating chicken?” The girl said to Onew, annoyed.

                     “Oh. Alice noona! Sorry! I really didn’t hear you.” Onew said apologetically, not once stopping from eating his chicken.

                     “It’s fine. Knowing you, you love chicken so much you probably can’t help it. Mind if I join you?” Alice sighed. She sat down opposite Onew without waiting for an answer, knowing that the other probably won’t mind anyway.

                     Onew just smiled and continue eating his chicken.

                     How is he ever going to notice I like him when all he can think of is chicken? We’ve been friends for so many years already but he never seems to notice my feelings for him. Alice thought with a sigh.

                     Alice ordered some chicken and they ate happily while chatting. Onew was starting to get used to the idea of sharing chicken with his noona. It was the first time he ever shared chicken with anyone.

 

**********

 

                     Minho was looking out the window, thinking. Suddenly he felt someone hug his shoulders from behind. He didn’t have to turn around to know who it was.

                     “Minho, why do you always stare out the window when you think?” Taemin asked, curious.

                     “Hmm… I don’t know. I guess because it makes me feel less confined in this hospital room?” Minho answered, turning around to kiss Taemin on the cheek.

                     “Well then, I should bring you out more often. I heard the nurses talking and they said that your heart is functioning perfectly fine. Better than usual, even. Now I wonder what the reason is?” Taemin said, grinning cheekily at Minho.

                     “Come on. Don’t be so self centered! Anyway, where are you bringing me tonight?” Minho asked excitedly.

                     “To meet my parents. Not Jonghyun and Key, of course. You’ve met them plenty of times. I mean my real parents.” Taemin answered, smiling.

                     “W-what? No I don’t want to.” Minho said, pouting.

                     “Why? I want you to know them. Its okay, they’re totally fine with me being gay. I want you to meet them!” Taemin insisted.

                     What will his parents think when they see me? I’m wheelchair bound and I can’t even find a job.  I only survive on my parent’s riches. And even my parents don’t bother to visit me anymore because to them, I’m just a useless kid. Minho thought sadly.

                     Taemin caught Minho looking out the window again, deep in thought, but this time Minho was frowning. He could guess what Minho was thinking about. He made his way over to Minho and sat on Minho’s lap, putting his arms around Minho’s neck.

                     “Minho, don’t worry about it, okay? My parents will absolutely adore you. And you know why? Because you make me happy.” Taemin said, planting butterfly kisses on Minho.

                     “How do you always manage to read my mind?” Minho asked Taemin, laughing.

                     “Because you open up to me? No, I guess I’m just an awesome psychic.” Taemin joked.

                     “Really? Then can you foresee if I’ll live long enough to marry you?” Minho asked Taemin seriously.

                      “Minho, is this a proposal? You know I don’t like romantic things, but this is just… too plain, don’t you think? I am going to demand a re-proposal!” Taemin smiled.

                     “Would you even marry me?” Minho asked, looking Taemin in the eye. Taemin knew that Minho was serious.

                     “Of course I will.” Taemin answered softly, kissing Minho.

                     “Let’s get married, then. I’ll re-propose if you want!” Minho said happily. Words couldn’t explain how he felt then. He didn't even plan on proposing to Taemin. It just came out and he was glad it did.

                     “Yah! I was just joking about the re-proposal! Let’s tell my parents tonight!” Taemin said, laughing into their kiss.

 A/N :

WHOO HOO! 2MIN GETTING MARRIED! LALALALALALALA

Wait. Will Taemin's parents approve? :O

Heh. (; Stay tuned to find out!

I love leaving you guys cliffhangers! :D

(LOL JK. Actually I don't know myself either. :P I haven't written the next chapter yet, hahah)

Ooooooohhhh Onew has an admirer!

Oh and I know the name Alice doesn't really... fit right. But  I don't know what other names to put..?

AWWW MAN ): Jongkey fighting! Grrr. Jonghyun you evil dino.

LOL jk. How can anyone hate that adorable puppy? :P