Chapter 10

Electric Heart

 

CHAPTER 10

 

                      Taemin walked into Minho’s hospital room, confused. The patient lying on the bed looked up at Taemin. “Who are you?” The patient asked.

                      “W-what? Oh sorry. I think my husband transferred to another room.” Taemin told the patient, backing out of the room.

                      Taemin finally found a nurse. “Noona, where is Minho transferred to?” Taemin asked the nurse.

                      The nurse looked at Taemin sadly. “Oh, you didn’t know? He… he… passed away yesterday morning.”

                      “What?! No I think you’ve mistaken me. I meant Minho, Choi Minho? Which room is he transferred to?” Taemin asked again.

                      The nurse sighed. “Yes, Choi Minho passed away yesterday morning. I’m sorry.”

                      Right at that moment, another nurse walked past them. “Eh? You’re Taemin, right? Minho asked me to pass this letter to you.” The nurse said while handing Taemin a letter in an envelope with Taemin’s name written on it in Minho’s handwriting.

                      Taemin took the letter with shaking hands. “W-what do you mean? Isn’t Minho here? He promised he would wait for me to come back! Is this a trick? CHOI MINHO! Where are you? This prank isn’t funny!” Taemin still couldn’t believe what he heard.

                      Taemin’s knees buckled and he kneeled on the ground, crying and screaming Minho’s name.

                     

**********

 

                      Taemin got off the plane. He had just gotten back from Japan. He had a concert there and now he was rushing back to Seoul for Onew and Alice’s wedding.

                      It had been two years. Two years since he lost Minho.

                      It hadn’t been easy, but the letter from Minho kept him breathing. He still keeps it. He reads it every night before he sleeps, every time before he performs on stage. When he wakes up in the morning, the first thing he does is to read Minho’s letter. No matter how many times he reads it, he still does it anyway.

                      Taemin sighed. He was heading to Onew’s wedding but the taxi was stuck in a traffic jam. He pulled out the letter from his bag and read it again.

 

Taemin,

                      My husband. I can call you that now, right? I’m sorry I had to go. I didn’t want to. Of course I didn’t want to, how could I ever want to leave you?

                      I didn’t have a choice. I knew this day would come anyway. I didn’t have a reason to live until I met you. Do you know what you mean to me? Well I don’t know how to tell you what you mean to me because words can’t describe it. Even if I tried, even if I wrote a hundred letters, it wouldn’t even begin to touch the surface of my love for you.

                      Do you regret meeting me? Do you regret loving me?

                      When I found out I had to go, when I realized I had to leave you, I hated myself. I hated myself because of the pain that I was going to cause you. I’m sorry. I never meant for us to end that way.

                      Remember that one night when we went to the beach? There was an old couple taking a walk there. I wanted to grow old with you. We could adopt kids and have a happy family. I guess I just wasn’t lucky enough.

                      But hey, I was lucky enough to meet you. I was lucky enough to fall in love with you. I’m the luckiest guy on earth to have you love me back.

                      Despite that, don’t let me do this to you. Find someone else to love. I want you to be happy. I don’t want you to be alone. All I ever wanted, all I would ever want, is for you to be happy.

                      I don’t know what else to say. I think I’ve probably said everything I want to when we were together. Then again, I have so much more I want to say to you.

                      Take care. I’ll meet you in our next lives. Will you still love me then? I hope so. Hopefully in our next life, we’ll grow old together?

Forever yours,

Minho.

 

                      Taemin folded the letter and kept it in his bag. He still hasn’t met anyone else yet. Nobody can ever replace you, Minho. Taemin thought as he got down the taxi, finally arriving at the wedding.

                      Sometimes he envied his Jonghyun appa and Key umma. Ever since Jonghyun publicly announced that he was with Key, his career was affected but he was still a singer. Some of his fans totally loved the Jongkey couple, while some hated the fact that he was gay.

                       It’s not like Jonghyun cared. They even got married. And now its Onew’s turn to get married to Alice. Taemin looked down at his hand. The ‘2MIN’ ring was still on his finger. Taemin smiled, knowing that he would never take it off.

                      In our next lives, Minho. We’ll be together again. Wait for me.

 

A/N :

Sigh. Such a sad ending ;_;

I bet you guys are coming after me like

Well.. at least Taemin's a famous dancer now who pursued his dream..

Ang Jongkey's status : MARRIED! Whoo hoo. :D

Now, special thanks to you readers and subscribers!

And Bingo. Yes, thanks Bingo for helping! :D

Yes you.