Chapter 5

Electric Heart

 

CHAPTER 5

                    

                     Key went over to Onew’s apartment. Onew let him in and agreed to let him stay for a couple of nights.

                     That night, Onew told Key that he had a date with a girl. In reality, Jonghyun wanted to talk to Onew, so he asked Onew to meet him, but not to tell Key. After all, Onew was their hyung and best friend, so he wanted to confide in him. Jonghyun also had a feeling that Key would be staying over at Onew’s for a couple of days.

                     Key sat on the couch in Onew’s apartment. He couldn’t stop the flashbacks.

 

-Flashback-

 

                     Key rode the elevator up to Se Kyung’s apartment. The door was slightly left ajar. He heard faint voices coming from the apartment. Stopping along the corridor to give a final check to his appearance, he peeked in. He saw Se Kyung in Jonghyun’s arms.

                     That’s all he needed to see to prove his suspicions right. He ran away, tears streaming down his face. He didn’t even stop to pick up the scarf that fell from his head.

 

-End of flashback-

 

**********

                     Thinking about it alone in Onew’s apartment made him cry again.

                     Jonghyun stood up to welcome his hyung at the restaurant. It was his hyung’s favorite restaurant. It was famous for its chicken.

                     “Onew hyung, Key is staying with you, right?” Jonghyun asked the moment Onew sat down.

                     “Yes. He’s safe and fine. Don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of him. But what are you going to do to make him forgive you?” Onew assured Jonghyun after ordering a huge plate of chicken.

                     “I trust you, so of course I won’t worry. But I didn’t do anything wrong! Do you mind if I head over to your apartment now? I’ll buy you all the chicken you want. Just stay out of your apartment until I text you.” Jonghyun pleaded with Onew.

                     “Fine, fine. That just means I get more free chicken~” Onew smiled happily when Jonghyun handed him some cash and ran out of the restaurant.

 

**********

               

                     Taemin visited Minho the next day. It’s become a daily routine for them now. Taemin would come in the morning, hang out with Minho, and then leave for his dancing classes and other things. Taemin would then come back in the late afternoon and they would go down to the garden. At night, Taemin would hang out with Minho until it was really late. Sometimes, Taemin would even sleep over. The nurses noticed, of course, but never said anything. They could see how happy Taemin made Minho.

                     Over the next couple of weeks, they went on a few more dates. Every time, they would end up finishing the date at the beach, watching the stars.

                     On Thursdays, it was time for Minho to have his weekly heart repairing. It was a mirror procedure. They just plugged some wires and tubes in him and made sure that his heart was alright before pulling out the wires again. This procedure that went on every week caused Minho’s chest to have scars. They never seemed to heal because they would be reopened again every week.

                     For the past Thursdays, Minho wouldn’t let Taemin be there when they did the procedure. Minho was afraid. He was afraid that they would find something wrong with his heart. The procedure hurt and he didn’t want Taemin to see him screaming from the pain or giddy from the painkillers afterwards.

                     This Thursday, Taemin insisted on coming.

 

-Flashback-

 

                     “Minho, I’m coming this Thursday.” Taemin said to Minho. He rarely calls him hyung now. They didn’t bother with formality anymore.

                     “Why? I told you I didn’t want you to come.” Minho said, turning away.

                     “I want to. Won’t you let me? I know it hurts. Let me be there for you when it hurts. That’s all I ask for. Can’t you let me do that for you?” Taemin asked, taking Minho’s hand in his.

                     Minho just stayed silent. He didn’t know what to answer.

                     Taemin, who was sitting down next to him holding his hand, now lay down beside him on the bed. He didn’t let go of Minho’s hand once. He held on tight to Minho while they both drifted off to sleep. Minho didn’t give an answer, but he knew that Minho wanted him to be there for him, he just didn’t want Taemin to see him suffer.

                     “You know you can’t get rid of me now, right?” Taemin said, snuggling closer to Minho.

                     Minho smiled and nodded. “At least I’m going to enjoy it.”

 

-End of flashback-  

 

                     Minho smiled to himself at the memory. He smiled to Taemin when he saw him walking into the room. The nurses wheeled in the equipment and set it up beside him. They did the procedure in Minho’s room because it was only a minor surgery.

                     “Noona, do you mind if I sat next to Minho hyung?” Taemin asked the nurse politely.

                     “Sure. Just try not to get tangled up in those wires and make sure not to interrupt or disturb us when we start the procedure, okay?” The nurse said. She asked him to sit on Minho’s right side while they did the procedure on the left side of his bed.

                     The procedure started and Minho screamed occasionally at the pain. The hand that was holding Taemin’s gripped tighter every time the pain hit him. Taemin’s hand hurt, but he didn’t mind. Every time Minho started biting his lip to keep himself from screaming again, he held Minho’s hand up to his lips and kissed it. He could see that it calmed Minho down a bit. His features would relax when he felt Taemin kissing his hand.

                     Minho, who had his eyes closed from the pain, turned his head to look at Taemin. “What if they find something wrong with my heart?” For the first time, Minho voiced his fears to Taemin.

                     “You’ll be fine.” Taemin assured Minho.

                     “Before I have to find out about the results, kiss me.” Minho looked at Taemin with his pleading eyes.

                     “Why did you even have to ask? Silly frog.” Taemin said, smiling. He leaned over and kissed Minho.

                     The machine that was showing Minho’s rate of heartbeat showed that Minho’s heart was racing. Taemin opened one eye and glanced at the machine. He grinned into the kiss and kissed Minho harder. Minho’s heartbeat went faster.

                     “Yah! Stop it! Stop it you guys! You’re making it hard for us!” The nurse lightly hit Taemin’s shoulder. Taemin immediately pulled away.

                     “Really? Oh I’m so sorry! Is he okay? Everything is fine right?” Taemin asked, panicked.

                     “Everything’s fine. It didn’t really make it hard for us. We just couldn’t stand you guys’ sweetness anymore!” The nurse chuckled. Minho and Taemin blushed and looked away.

Author's note :

So what did you guys think?

Heh. Personally like this side of Taemin. Cheeky, cheeky.

LOL Okay anyway, remember -> Feedback/comments are LOVE <3

Recommend my fic to your friends if you like it, kay? Thanks :D