Chapter 3

Our After Story: Swing Set
 
 
 
1ST PERSON POV
 
     I want to say our reunion was insanely happy and fun like running to each other and hugging, but it wasn't. It wasn't dramatic where I found him with another girl; no. 
 
     It was weird and he fainted: yes. 
 
     My few hours before seeing him were okay. 
 
~~ 
 
     I woke up with a start as the plane took its descend. I wrinkled my nose in discomfort, popping my ears and taking a sip of coffee. The man next to me had ignored me completely for some reason; as if I was an unidentified species, unknown to science. I was a little conflicted; not knowing wether or not to be happy he left me alone or annoyed that he didn't even acknowledge my existence. 
 
     I proceeded off the plane, feeling tired, I wore that laziest clothes, considering it was 6:30 a.m. here. Thank god I didn't call Taehyung to pick me up. 
 
     I wore a light blue dress that went a little past my knees and some blue heels. I felt myself want to tip over due to my heavy backpack. However, I tried to it up. I must've felt the need to dress all blue that morning, because my whole outfit was blue except for my grey sweater over my dress and my white backpack.
 
 
 
     "NOONA" a familiar voice called. 
 
I opened up my arms, standing in the middle of the entrance like a loser as my little brother picked me up and spun me around. He was so warm and I felt less stuffy in the airport compared to the plane. He was wearing a black and whit polo and some jeans that sagged a bit. His black hair was gelled up a little, and he was wearing some sneakers I bought him. 
 
     "Ugh. I hate going on planes. It was so quiet; like no one talked to me" I complained into his chest. "And you're getting way too tall" 
 
     Hyuk patted my head, grinning. "It's called drinking milk. Noona, you're like only a one centimeter taller" 
 
     I followed him to bag pickup. "Yah, you know I hate milk" 
 
I followed him there, complaining that no one was sleeping like me and I probably looked gross. Everyone on the plane were adults, and were intimidating. 
 
     "Want me to drive?" I yawned. 
 
     He smirked. "Nah, you'll probably fall asleep. Besides, I got my license, and I wanted to show off to my noona"
 
     I rolled my eyes, helping him pack my luggage into the car. It was obviously my aunt's car, as she had called me one day asking if she should give Hyuk the car. I had voted against her decision, telling her to wait until he graduated. 
 
     "So I painted the art box you gave me" I told him, taking it out. 
 
I sat in the passenger's seat, opening it, revealing my brushes, pens, pencils and some pictures. I painted it with my own designs, and even carved some designs in as well. I stuck some pictures of Hyuk, my aunt and uncle, Jimin, Taehyung, Amber, and Mei in the lid of the box. 
 
     "That's awesome, noona. But, I have something to ask..." he replied. 
 
     "Hmm?" 
 
     "I uh--" he coughed, "--asdfghkl;" 
 
     I closed my box. "What?" 
 
     He coughed again. "Uh, I, uh... asdfghkl" 
 
     "SANGHYUK"
 
     "I like this girl" he said in a small voice. 
 
     "SANGHYUK" I squealed. 
 
     "WHAT?!" He shouted back. 
 
     I raised an eyebrow. "Did you think I'd be mad?" 
 
     "Kinda?" 
 
     I rolled my eyes. "You're such a weirdo. If you really like her, go for it. BUT this is SOO cute! YOU LIKE SOMEONE" 
 
     He let out a big sigh. "THIS is why I didn't want to tell you" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     When we were kids, I wanted to be the big girl and take care of my little brother. 
 
"Take care of your brother, sweetie. Mommy and daddy are gonna be at work most of the time. I want you to be a good girl. Okay?" 
 
I picked him up from school, and even fed him myself when I was 10 years old. He never complained at first, so I thought he understood why. I assumed he knew that our parents needed me to take care of him. However, I shouldn't have thought that. After all, he was years younger than me, and wasn't totally mature. He didn't think about these kinds of things like I did when I was only 10 years old. 
 
     He exploded one day; yelling, screaming, and throwing stuff because he was fed up that I was always around. 
 
     "STOP ACTING LIKE MOM! YOU EMBARRASSED ME! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! MY FRIENDS ARE GOING TO THINK MY FAMILY IS WEIRD! I WANT MOM AND DAD! WHERE IS MOM AND DAD!" 
 
His rampage stopped after a few minutes, as I sat huddling in the corner of my room. I didn't realize how controlling I came to be, but I didn't know how to tell him. Should I just let him figure it out? I took this easy route and let him calm himself down in his room. I left a note that said I'd go get groceries myself. 
 
I left without him, crying. 
 
 
 
 
     He came home one day, when I was 13 and he was 10. We were sleeping over at Jimin's house, and they both went out to play with Taehyung. I helped auntie with lunch, setting up sandwiches on the plates, and cutting up fruit. 
 
     Soon, Hyuk came running in, crying, causing me to run up to him. I knelt to his height (back when I was taller...), and wiped his tears. 
 
     "What's wrong?" I asked, assuming he probably thought Jimin and Taehyung had been cheating in a game. 
 
     Instead, he hugged me close, crying into my shoulder. It was odd, because ever since that night, he'd been ashamed to show any sign of skinship. It became a little awkward, and he began to prefer to play with someone else over me. 
 
     "I'm so sorry, Noona" he had cried. 
 
I froze over the fact that he called me 'noona'. I let him continue. 
 
     "I didn't understand that you were trying to help me" he panted, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I was b-being selfish. A-and I want y-you to play with me now. The hyungs aren't playing fair like you do!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     I arrived at my auntie's house, giving her a hug and visiting my room. Jimin wasn't home yet, but I decided to tackle him once he gets home. 
 
     "Oh yeah, Jimin and Taehyung moved into an apartment" auntie told me. 
 
     "Ah, that explains why his Ninja Turtle sheets are gone" I said, laying on his bed. 
 
     "Noona!" Hyuk grinned, "Wanna make Taehyung Hyung faint?" 
 
 
 
Now.... 
 
     "I didn't mean that literally..."