Chapter 11

Our After Story: Swing Set

Chapter 11

S  O  O  Y  O  U  N  G

d973Tr7ItMfCSW4NdYGVCyWDEsj4ghFMKYPblUoN

E0lutDGOEYtVPlmQvnAXBdmhzGK6thB-FX3lqFgf

 

    Hyun Jae unnie is really lucky she’s not here right now.

 

    It was a wise choice to run.

 

    “Hey. Stop scowling at your pasta. Eat it and then you could leave." Jerkface called from the other side of the table.

 

    I started eating, to shut him up. I didn't want to be here - with him. His expressions, smiles, and style just reminds me too much of him. Then again, every guy pretty much reminds me of him - my ex boyfriend. I became interested in cute guys after my ex boyfriend broke my heart - not cheating, but a normal breakup, I guess you could say. I never really considered it normal, because how is it normal when we were laughing and smiling the day before, but then screaming and throwing things the next?

 

    A few years ago, I met a boy name Nam Jiyoung. A few years ago, I wouldn't have the confidence to walk into a restaurant wearing a dress and heels. I was fat, soft spoken, slow, and dumb. People called me turtle-girl. I met Jiyoung this way - he gave me confidence, and over time, I lost weight after starving myself. No exercising. Just skipping a meal or two a day. After awhile, I just stopped eating all together. We were a happy couple. Not until I was diagnosed with anorexia, however. I became grumpy and started fights with him most of the time. I had mood swings where he'd have to pray that I was having a good day.

 

    We broke up. If you couldn't tell.

 

    "So?" Jerkface says, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Why do you hate me so much?"

 

    "Can we just eat in silence?" I retorted sarcastically.

 

    I went on a few dates with some guys like Jerkface. They were cute - nothing like Jiyoung. Maybe that's why I like cute guys so much - because he isn't. Jiyoung's more of a hot guy - chiseled features and charismatic. He doesn't have a baby face. Even though I did think guys with baby faces were cute, Jerkface was not someone I like very much. He keeps staring at me, and when he does, I glare at him, but he doesn't seem fazed by it.

 

    "What are you looking at?" I demanded.

 

    A noodle was peeking from his lips, it annoyed me. "It's called flirting. Am I not cute?"

 

    "Not as cute as you think you are." I retort, but then I see a flash of hurt on his face, so I shut up.

 

I'm scolding myself mentally, when someone taps me on my shoulder. I look up and I see Jerkface from across the table, his eyes directed to the person who tapped me. Before I could turn, their breath is on my neck and a whisper leaves their lips. I know who it is.

 

    "Soosoo" he breathes a chuckle.

 

I suddenly want to cry. I yank my wrist against the chair, an attempt to get up, but the chair is too heavy.

 

    "Why are you here, Jiyoung?" I demanded.

 

    Nam Jiyoung grins his perfect grin and looks across the table to Jerkface, who looked between us questionably. I don't know what to say to him, but I wish he wasn't there. Of all people, I didn't want Hyun Jae's cousin to be here and run to her, telling her. I didn't want her to act awkward around me like all my other previous friends. Of all people, I didn't want to be a date when we crossed paths again. A date I unwillingly went along with.

 

    "Can't a guy go out and get some food? Jeez, Soosoo, lighten up." He nudged, but then his smile deflates. "So. I guess you're busy."

 

    "Yeah" I say  

 

    "But of all things, you don't have to handcuff the poor guy to a chair, SooSoo" he cooes.

 

    "When did you become such a jerk?" I whip around and hiss.

 

    "Since you dumped, SooSoo. An anorexic dump me? Of all things, SooSoo. Don't you think I deserve some sympathy?" Jiyoung says, leaning really close.

 

Tears slip down my cheek, and I close my eyes tight and weakly try to push him away, but he catches my wrist. He's smirking - it sickens me.

 

    "So, SooSoo, do you really think you could forget me? Going on a couple of dates and then you're done with me?"

 

No.

 

    "You're never done with me. Don't you get it?"

 

    He's leaning closer and closer until we're nose to nose. Tears are blinding my eyes, I can't see him. I don't want to.

 

    "Excuse me." Jimin says from across the table - his voice bored, as if we were a boring channel he switched to on the TV.

 

    "Jimin?" I mutter, rubbing my eyes.

 

    "Would you be so kind enough to take your hands off my date? It's kind of bothering me, dude." He called, coning his hands around his mouth like we were that fall away.

 

    "Stay out of this" Jiyoung retorts.

 

    Original Jerkface turns back to me, with a smirk, but then, his face is pushed out of the way. Jimin is suddenly close - nose to nose with me, and then closer. Closer.

 

Until we're kissing.

 

At first, I could hear the sound of the chair rubbing against the carpet of the restaurant. At first, I could hear Jerkface's grunt of annoyance and the door opening and closing. Then, I couldn't hear anything. I was kissing Park Jimin and I didn't even care who saw. I could feel his hand run through my hair.

 

Then, he pulls away.

 

    His cheeks are dusted with red and he's not looking me in the eyes. Then, I look around and realize there has been an audience watching that whole moment, and I look down. Jimin's chuckling all the sudden, and then a waiter hands him the keys to our handcuffs. He unlocks the sides that were attached to the chairs, and then catches me off guard by attaching his handcuff to mines.

 

    "Jimin!" I hiss.

 

Then, the customers are clapping. They're whistling, muttering to each other how we put on a great show. They say how great young love is.

 

    Jimin bows. He grins his perfect grin and leads me out of the restaurant. He's holding my hand, and I don't know what to say. I start to doubt myself. I start to wonder. Wonder if he's just doing this out of pity. Then, he turns to me, after we walked down the sidewalk far enough.

 

    "So?" He says expectantly.

 

    "Huh?" I say dumbly.

 

    He looks at me like I'm a dummy and leans in, until we're pressing foreheads. "Aren't I cute?"

 

    I laugh. I push him, and punch him in the arm. "Shut up."

 

    "Manly?"

 

    "Don't push it."

 

    "Well, I'm not unlocking these handcuffs unless you answer me."

 

    I rolled my eyes. "Fine. A mix of both. Happy?"

 

    "Yes. I'm happy. However, I'm not unlocking it unless I get your number. And unless you say yes." Jimin says, a bit of bashfulness on his face.

 

    "Yes to what?"

 

    "To a date with me. Again. No date could top this one, though."

 

    "Yes."

 

    "YES! HOWEVER, I'M NOT LETTING YOU FREE!" He cackles into the night.

 

    "JIMIN!"

 

    He laughs, turning to me with his always perfect grin. "Hey, you're not calling me Jerkface!"

 

    I roll my eyes.

 

    "Shut up."

 

How can I call him Jerkface when for once in 4 years, he made me forget about Nam Jiyoung. My mind is full of Park Jimin now, and I'm not ashamed.

 


A/N:

Hi my beautiful subbies! I'm sorry it's taking so long but I will try to keep up with the updating! Please let me know what you think about this chapter, and about the Sooyoung<3Jimin couple!

Comment please!