Chapter Five

A Scrapbook Full Of Short Stories

 

 
 
Yoongi tugged on my hand, smiling back at me mischievously. We both knew we weren’t supposed to be here. It was private land, but we
didn’t care for now. He pulled me closer to him so that I could smell his cologne and feel the warmth of his body embrace me. His dark brown
hair fell over his eyes which, as ever, were half closed. I giggled at this as I tousled his hair. A tired smile spread across his lips as he picked me
up and slung me onto his shoulder. I squealed and wriggled, trying to get free. With a laugh, Yoongi eventually put me down and leant his
forehead against mine. His eyes pleaded me to stay with him, and that was what I would do. He then abruptly pulled away and held out his
hand to me again. The sun’s bright light made everything behind him look like empty space. “Yeseo…” I heard his voice echo in my ears. It was a
little husky since it was still early morning. I looked at him to see his expression turn serious and I knew then that he was asking me to follow him.
 
“Yeseo!” I groaned and sat up, almost banging my head. I peeled my eyes open to see Yoongi’s face peering down at me. His eyes were still
half closed, just like in my dream, but his hair was also wet, presumably from taking a shower. “Come on, I wanted to take you out.”
I swallowed nervously. As I opened my mouth to argue, Yoongi planted a quick kiss to my lips, making me forget about anything else but
him. “Your wings aren’t fully grown yet. We can hide them with a coat or something since it’s raining outside.” I sat myself up properly,
watching his expression. I leant up and pressed my nose against his, which elicited a grin from Yoongi. He intertwined his fingers
with mine and pulled me out of bed, chuckling at my creased pyjamas. “Get dressed and we’ll go out.”
 
I emerged from my room dressed in a white blouse, a blue skirt and a blue beanie. Yoongi smiled and looked down at the blue fabric
around my wrist. “I wanted to tie my hair but my mother was always better at it than me.” My cheeks flushed pink, but Yoongi simply
took the scrunchie and spun me around so that my back was to him. He took off my beanie and ran his fingers through my hair.
I felt the familiar feeling of my hair being woven and smiled, memories of life in heaven flooding back to me. But then I frowned.A day on
Earth with Yoongi is much better than a thousand years in heaven. “Done!” he announced, placing the beanie back onto my head
and placing my new coat around my shoulders. I slipped my arms into the sleeves and took hold of his hand.
“Where are we going?” I stared up at him, curious and a little bit excited. This was the first time going out, just the two of us.
It felt like a date, but it couldn’t possibly be, could it? “I’m going to teach you how to play games.” He grinned mischievously.
 
“You hold the hammer like this.” Yoongi explained, moving my hands into the correct position.
“And when the moles pop up, you have to hit them on the head.” I gasped in surprise.
“That’s not very nice.” I joked, nudging his arm with my elbow. “Whoever loses has to buy the other one ice cream after.” I challenged.
Yoongi gasped and then grinned evilly. I stuck my tongue out in deep concentration as I kept my eye on the moles popping up.
I laughed at the serious expression on Yoongi’s face, which then changed to a childlike expression as he realised he had won.
I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. “You cheated.” Yoongi laughed and ruffled my hair.
“No I didn’t, you were just too focused on looking at me.” My cheeks flushed bright red at being caught. “Come on, let’s play air hockey!”
Yoongi grabbed my hand and dragged me over to another game. It looked like a table covered in ice. “So what you have to do is hit the puck so
that it goes in this hole here. But you have to protect your side so I can’t score, and I have to protect my side so you don’t score, okay?”
I blinked in recognition. “Like that game you watch? What’s it called?” I asked excitedly.
Yoongi chuckled and replied. “Football. Yeah, I guess that bit is similar.”
 
In the end, Yoongi had beaten me at both games. Is there a mortal game I’m good at?
“Maybe I should have let you win. Don’t worry I’ll go easy on you on the next game.”
I frowned. “It’s not fun if you give the game to me.” Then my eyes scanned over a machine. “Yoongi! Let’s play that game!!”
I took his hand and dragged him over to a machine filled with stuffed toys. “You’re just like a kid, excited over toys…”
Yoongi muttered to himself, shaking his head. He grinned to himself and started to play. I pouted, wanting a go too. I saw his forehead
crease with concentration, though, and decided not to bother him while he was playing. I wandered around watching other people play
games and seeing them win sweets and key rings. I clicked my tongue. “Oh, there you are! I’ve been looking for you.”
Yoongi blushed as he revealed a stuffed bear. He coughed and looked away from me, playing with his fingers nervously.
“Is this… for me?” My eyes widened as my cheeks reddened, too. He nodded, still looking away from me.
I grinned and leant up on my tip-toes to plant a kiss on his cheek. “Can you teach me how to win one too?”
“B-but it’s for you. Don’t you like it?” Yoongi asked, surprised. I nodded and hugged the bear.
“I want to win one for you, too. Can you teach me how to win one?” A grin appeared on his face.
“Of course I can.” He led me over to the machine and held my hands, moving them to the buttons which moved the claw. I felt his chest
pressed up against my back, catching me off guard. “Which one do you want?” he asked in my ear, his voice so smooth I could get lost in it.
I turned my head to face him. “Which one do you want? It’s for you, after all.”
 
The pair of us exited the arcades after a few more games, holding onto our stuffed toys.
“I never knew you were this excitable.” Yoongi teased me, ruffling my hair. He stopped in front of me and looked deep into my eyes.
I could feel his warm breath fanning on my face. I swallowed nervously, feeling my heart start to race. Then he spoke.
“What flavour do you want?” I could have hit him right then. I was pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing to me.
Yoongi raised an eyebrow. “Oh, you thought I was going to kiss you? Well, that can be arranged.”
His face started leaning closer and closer until… “Let’s get our ice cream!” I broke away from him. It was only fair that I back.
Yoongi sighed and shook his head, realising what had just happened. “I’m having strawberry. What are you having?” I looped my arm through his.
“I’m having mango.” Yoongi stated, paying for the ice creams. I raised an eyebrow at him.
“But I lost… and the loser has to pay, remember?” I reminded him. Yoongi slid an arm around me.
“You really think I’d let a beautiful woman pay?” he questioned, his breath tickling my ear.
So he had no intention of letting me pay all along? He really is a gentleman. I held my ice cream, smiling to myself when I heard
a click to my left. “When did you bring that?” Yoongi smiled down at his camera and gave his ice cream a .
“You think I’d want to not take pictures of our first date? This way, we can remember it forever.” I blinked in surprise.
“Your ice cream is melting.” He told me, nudging my arm. I looked at my ice cream an indeed, it was melting.
I quickly ate it, not wanting it to melt even further. “I shall call you piggy.” Yoongi teased.
“I shall let you know that I love little piggies. They’re lazy. Like you.” I teased in return.
“It’s not my fault I love sleep. And I love it even more now that I get to sleep beside you.”
Smack! “Ouch! Okay, I’ll stop with the cheesy lines. Just don’t smack my arm again.”
I stuck my tongue out, and replied jokingly, “Wuss.”
 
Yoongi’s P.O.V
 
“Yoongi?” Yeseo looked up at me as we sprawled out on the sofa, eating the kimchi fried rice that I had cooked up.
I hummed, looking back at her. “Tell me about your dream.” She smiled contently. I frowned.
“My dream? But I won’t-” I won’t get to achieve it. I saw the pain flash in her eyes as she buried her head in my shirt. “Well, I want to write music."
“What inspires you Yoongi? What made you want to make music?” She mumbled. I sighed, deep in thought.
“The people around me. The things that happen to me and to others. Movies, books, songs. You name it. If I weren’t hurting so much, I might
write a song about you or even us.” the edges of her lips curved upwards. “I’m not really a singer, maybe you could have sung it instead.”
Her fingers ghosted over my cheek. “What about you?” a glint of excitement flashed in her eyes.
“I’m more of a rapper than a singer.” I muttered to myself, tracing patterns on her arm.
Her eyelashes fluttered shut. She didn’t move for a few moments, but then her baby pink lips parted and she spoke, “Rap for me Yoongi.”
I took her bowl from her and put both of ours away. I went back to where she was lying half-asleep and her hair gently. I leaned
down to her ear and rapped quietly to her. “I want to know you more. An explorer venturing through your deep forest of mystery.
I appreciate the masterpiece that is you, because your existence alone is art.” I then gently slipped my arms under her body and carried
her, hearing her soft breaths come from her lips. I planted a kiss to her forehead before slipping in to lie beside her. She truly is an art.
 
Yeseo’s P.O.V
 
“Yeseo…” I heard Yoongi mumble in his sleep. I chuckled quietly and stared at his sleeping face.
He was perfectly sculptured, almost as if he was a statue. “I may have known you for a small amount of time, but-”
A light snore escaped his lips. “Someday, no matter how long away, I want to become your angel.” I blinked in surprise.
He does know that to become an angel, he’ll have to marry one, right? “And then, nothing will be in our way.” Is he really asleep?
I bit my lip. A serious of random noises proceeded to follow, so I assumed that he was really still asleep.
“To become my angel, Yoongi, we’ll have to be bound forever. Do you really want that?” I whispered.
Since he was asleep, however, he did not respond. I sighed and stared at the ceiling.