005

The Untold Confession

Memories - June 7th - six years ago . . . .

 

Jieun forces herself to get up from her sleep, today... Today was the day...

 

Graduation day was here... Jieun looks up at her closet cabinet, her graduation dress, along with her graduation gown,...

 

Graduation was really here... Jieun still managed to crack a smile as she said to herself, "That day is here..."

 

Jieun gets herself ready for graduation, she had to hurry so she can be done with everything before she heads over to Hyosung's house.

 

Jieun finishes her last touches of makeup, one last of mascara, done.

 

Jieun finishes up and got changed and heads downstairs to the kitchen.

 

"Mom, I'm going to Hyosung's," Jieun told her mother, Ms. Song doesn't know how many times she's heard that, everyday...

 

Jieun walks to Hyosung's house, on her way there, she had carried two gift bags, one for Hyosung, the other for........

 

Jieun looks at the time, it was 8:45am, their ceremony starts at 11am... They had to get to school around 9:30am to line up.

 

Jieun and Hyosung lived quite a distance from each other, it was a little further from her house than from school.

 

On her way there, a motorcycle stops in front of her, causing her to stop walking. Jieun looks up.

 

The guy took off his helmet, it was Yongguk.

 

Jieun looks at Yongguk, with a blank stare, Yongguk motioning her to sit behind him on the motorcycle.

 

They left to Hyosung's place, before they did, Yongguk takes Jieun somewhere else, a playground they used to play at before, Yongguk gets off the motorcycle.

 

"Why did you take me here?" asks Jieun, not looking at Yongguk.

 

Yongguk looks at Jieun, "Get off, we need to talk."

 

Jieun turns the other way, "Hurry, we have to go. I have to go help Unnie get ready."

 

Yongguk walks to one of the benches, "Get off, I have to show you something."

 

Jieun gets off and walks over to the bench he stood at, standing next to him.

 

Jieun asks while looking at the bench, "What is it?"

 

Yongguk looks at the bench and smiles, "Remember when we came here around this time last year before exams and we carved our answers to the bench so we wouldn't forget our answers?"

 

Jieun's face, still blank. Yongguk then turns around and points at the swing, "Remember when I swung you on that swing so hard, we broke the chain of the swing."

 

Jieun didn't turn to look, "Let's just go." Jieun walks towards the motorcycle.

 

Yongguk turns Jieun to face him, "Jieun, why aren't you talking about memories with me?"

 

Jieun looks down, away from his eyes, "Let's just... go."

 

Yongguk shook Jieun, "Look at me!"

 

Jieun looks at Yongguk, Jieun falling for those eyes again, she haven't met eyes with him for such a long time, it made her heart flutter, she couldn't help it.

 

She didn't want to feel this way, she'll only feel wrong for doing so...

 

"What is it?" she said quietly.

 

Yongguk asks, "Why aren't you reliving the last memories we had here before we graduate?"

 

Jieun answers slowly... "The past.... Because..."

 

Yongguk raised his voice, "What is it!!?"

 

Jieun then snaps back, "Hyosung Unnie! I can't relive memories with you if Hyosung Unnie exist, I can't talk to you like we used to anymore."

 

Yongguk froze, not able to say anything.

 

Jieun then said, "You have Hyosung Unnie to take care of. I'm just here to help you guys."

 

Yongguk lets go of her, avoiding her gaze, "Let's just... go."

 

Jieun nods, as she held back her tears, "I thought so too."

 

They got on the motorcycle and went to Hyosung's house. Jieun helps take care of Hyosung, after all, her stomach was getting big, she was almost due, just a few more weeks.

 

Eventually, they graduated, Jieun was planning to just go home afterwards, but Hyosung saw her.

 

Hyosung calls out, "Jieunnie~!!!!" Jieun turns around, "Oh, Hyosung Unnie..."

 

Hyosung walks over to her, "Let's take a picture. We have to have memories of today."

 

Jieun just gave her a small smile, she snaps a few pictures with Hyosung, the last pose, Hyosung hugs Jieun, Jieun's eyes enlarged as she was surprised by the hug.

 

After that, Yongguk slowly approaches them, Jieun wanted to get away as much as possible, but Hyosung pulls her in.

 

"Oh, Yongguk's here! Let's all three take a picture," exclaimed Hyosung.

 

The three posed, the order of their line was Yongguk, Hyosung, Jieun...

 

They took a few pictures, then stopped.

 

Jieun then said to Hyosung, "I hope you and your baby well."

 

Hyosung's eyebrows lowers, "Eoh, why do you say that as if you're leaving?"

 

Jieun smiles and said, "I am, I'm actually leaving to Seoul for college."

 

Hyosung's eyes got big and asks, "Seoul? College? Why!!?"

 

Jieun then replies, "I'm moving to Seoul next week, so I need to start packing today so we can move there faster."

 

Yongguk was standing there, he also heard, but acted like he didn't, trying to mind his own business, trying to ignore the conversation, but he couldn't help but feel sad that Jieun was leaving...

 

"Well, that's too bad, that must mean we won't have time to hang out, huh?" asks Hyosung.

 

Jieun gave her a smile and shook her head. Hyosung then asks, "Can we hang out tonight? Just one last time."

 

Jieun replies, "Well, I wanted to pack tonight."

 

Hyosung pleads Jieun, she finally agrees, they were going out for some ramyun and beer tonight.

 

When they got to the ramyun place, Hyosung leaves to the bathroom immediately.

 

Jieun and Yongguk sat down, awkwardly quiet, not speaking to one another.

 

Jieun picks on her ramyun, not eating... 

 

"Why are you playing with your food only? Eat." said Yongguk to Jieun.

 

Jieun turns over to look at him, he was eating just fine, Jieun thought, "Why can't I eat fine like you?"

 

But really, Yongguk forced himself to eat so Jieun can eat.

 

Jieun looks at her ramyun, it's not like it wasn't good, she just didn't feel like eating.

 

Jieun continues to pick on her noodles.

 

Hyosung comes back and they all chit chat for a while.

 

Hyosung finishes all her food she's ordered, Jieun didn't eat much of her ramyun, Yongguk finishes two bowls.

 

Hyosung then left for the bathroom again one last time before they depart.

 

Jieun drinks her soju glass, she pours more after she was finished, she drank a few cups before Yongguk stops her.

 

"Stop drinking already. You're going to be drunk," said Yongguk, putting Jieun's glass down.

 

Jieun removes his hands and got her cup back and pours more, "No. Let me be drunk."

 

Jieun pours herself a cup, ready to drink, but Yongguk steals it from her and drunk it and said, "Don't drink anymore."

 

Jieun steals her cup back and pours more soju in it, ready to take a sip again, but Yongguk steals her cup and drunk it again.

 

Jieun looks at Yongguk, "What is your problem?"

 

Yongguk looks at Jieun and said, "You're not this type of person, Jieun. Please, don't be like this."

 

Jieun smiles and chuckles, "Am I not?"

 

Yongguk shook his head, "The Jieun I knew, doesn't drink that much, as a matter a fact, she doesn't drink at all."

 

Those words, cut Jieun deep, she knew it herself... She wasn't this type of person, she knew she wasn't this person and she knew why she was acting this way....

 

Jieun chuckles some more and Yongguk then asks, "Why didn't you tell me you were moving?"

 

Jieun then sniffs and said, "I don't tell you anything anymore, so I just felt,... I'll just keep it to myself until someone asks."

 

Yongguk then asks, "You didn't tell me because we aren't close anymore or you didn't want to tell me because you wanted to leave quietly?"

 

Jieun got the hiccups, she hiccups and said, "It doesn't matter."

 

Yongguk then said in a serious tone, "Jieun... It does matter. Everything matters."

 

Jieun looks at him and asks, "If it matters,... Why am I like this? Why do I look so pitiful? Why do I feel this miserable? Huh? Can you answer me?"

 

Yongguk swallows and said, "I'm sorry you're this way because of me."

 

Jieun chuckles and asks, "I'm like this because of you?" She began chuckling and said, "I'm like this because it's my last week here."

 

Yongguk turns over to look at her, "Last week?"

 

Jieun nods, "And I'm almost drunk, great...."

 

Just then Hyosung comes back from the bathroom, she looks at Jieun, Jieun's head was on the table, she then turns to Yongguk.

 

"Send her home, please. She needs to rest before she starts packing tomorrow," Hyosung said to Yongguk.

 

Yongguk looks at Hyosung, "You want me to send her home?"

 

Hyosung nods, "Take her home. She's not herself anymore."

 

Yongguk asks, "Will you be alright?"

 

Hyosung smiles and nods, "She needs you now, give her your time before she leaves. We don't know when we'll see her again, you know? We are leaving soon also, so send her home."

 

Yongguk agrees and took her home, Hyosung also left home by herself.

 

Yongguk puts Jieun in front of him while he rides his motorcycle to her house.

 

Yongguk took care of her the whole night, texting Hyosung to not wait up for him, he'll be home soon and they'll leave.

 

The next morning, Jieun wakes up in her living room, with a cold cup of coffee next to her, there was a note under the plate that the coffee was set on.

 

Jieun reads the note...

 

"Jieunnie~, by the time you read this letter, you are sure to be woken up... You must feel a headache coming up soon, huh? Well, that's what you get, you had me taking care of you last night... I wish you were awake last night, I wanted to say so much things, but you were too tired and kind of drunk, I couldn't tell you anything. But I'll tell you now... Me & Hyosung are moving also, we're not going to stay here anymore, we're going to Naju because Hyosung found a job over there for me. Please continue to do well in school when you are entering college, I knew you took your college entrance exam, but I didn't know where to,... Anyways, continue with school & do well like you did in high school, though I was smarter than you, I know you'll do well and even better. Good luck, child. I believe in you. Until next time we meet, goodbye. - Bang Yongguk"

 

Jieun's cheeks were streaming with tears, her heart, hurting like hell. Jieun couldn't believe those two didn't tell her they were also moving.

 

Jieun thought she can escape this, she wanted to escape this place, leaving everything behind and starting new in Seoul, but it seems Hyosung and Yongguk has beat her to it.

 

Jieun thinks about Hyosung, it seems Hyosung beats Jieun in everything... She beated her from moving already, from completing school, having a baby, and of course, beated her from having Yongguk.

 

Jieun wanted to hate Hyosung for beating her in everything she's ever wanted, but these past months she's grown so attached to the baby and Hyosung, she couldn't hate Hyosung anymore even if she wanted to.

 

Jieun couldn't do anything, but cry, trying not to feel hurt from all that has happened in the past feel months...


Today

 

Yongguk watches the bus depart, away from him, he turns around, startled at the sight of Hyosung standing next to him with Jieun (the baby).

 

Hyosung smiles at him and said, "You need to just tell her."

 

Yongguk smiles at her and shook his head, "I made a promise I won't tell."

 

Hyosung shoulder bumps him and said, "Kikwang's almost out of prison anyways, you need to tell her the truth."

 

Yongguk looks at Hyosung, "I can't, Noona."

 

Hyosung smiles at him and said, "She must have been waiting all these years."

 

Yongguk looks at baby Jieun and then at Hyosung, "I think she hates me now. And you."

 

Hyosung hits Yongguk, "Then make her love you."

 

Hyosung speaks some more, "Go tell her the truth why you agreed to be the father of my child and why you had to. And tell her she can hate me all she wants, I'd hate me too. Go tell her how important she is to you."

 

Yongguk side smiles and said, "I tried, you heard."

 

Hyosung shrugs and said, "Go tell her before you can never tell her. I know you want to tell her even if the answer isn't what you wanted. It's better late than not never letting your feelings be known."

 

Yongguk smiles at Hyosung, "When did you get this mindset?"

 

Hyosung then said, "By looking at you all these years, looking at the pain in your eyes each time you call my daughter's name, you looked weak, and by waiting for Kikwang to return home. Looking at how much you've taught my daughter and each time you speak to her, I know it must've been hard calling her name. And I'm sorry I had held you back for so long after all these years."

 

Yongguk looks at the ground, Hyosung says some more, "Since Kikwang's jury date is near, go on and tell Jieun how much she means to you. And if she doesn't take you, my Jieun will take you."

 

Yongguk looks at her and smiles at her and said, "You've matured so much after all these years of raising Jieun with you."

 

Yongguk pets Jieun's head which was laying on Hyosung's shoulder, resting her eyes.

 

Yongguk then said, "Wait for me here if I don't get the answer we're expecting."

 

Yongguk gets in a taxi and chases after down the bus for Jieun.


Flashback - October 4th - seven years ago . . . 

 

Yongguk walking home happily, until someone grabs him and hid him in the alley, it was one of his good friend, Kikwang.

 

His eyes were red, he looks like he hasn't been able to sleep for days, Yongguk worries...

 

"What's wrong?" asks Yongguk. Kikwang motioned him to be quiet.

 

Then, there were people running pass them, Yongguk then figured...

 

"What did you do wrong?" asks Yongguk to Kikwang.

 

Kikwang looks down as he bit his lips and said, "I stole something big and important and now the cops are onto me."

 

Yongguk's eyes enlarged and asks, "What!!?"

 

Kikwang nods, "I returned it already. I did, but they are still onto me."

 

Yongguk asks, "Are you turning yourself in?"

 

Kikwang nods, "Hyosung wants me to. But..."

 

Kikwang looks up at Yongguk and asks, "Can you do me a huge favor?"

 

Yongguk asks, "What?"

 

Kikwang swallows and asks, "You know, I don't have much friends, right? And you're one of my closest friend, right?"

 

Yongguk nods. Kikwang continues, "You know how me and Hyosung are dating, right?"

 

Yongguk nods, Kikwang bites his lips and asks, "Yongguk, please do me a huge favor..."

 

Yongguk said, "Just say it."  Kikwang looks him in the eyes, "While I'm going to jail, please take care of Hyosung for me."

 

Yongguk then answers, "Okay?" Kikwang continues, "Not only her, but my family also."

 

Yongguk nods. He thought Kikwang would've stopped there, but... "And...."

 

Yongguk looks at Kikwang, "And my child."

 

Yongguk's eyes grew big, "Child?"

 

Kikwang nods. "Me and Hyosung has a kid. She's almost a month and I only stole because her family didn't accept her anymore and my family were kind of upset so I stole to help us get some money for the baby."

 

Yongguk shook his head, "Kikwang, I am your friend, but... This is a lot to do."

 

Kikwang sees the cops, checking every alley, he looks at Yongguk, "Please, Yongguk, promise me you'll take care of everyone I named."

 

Yongguk then nods. Kikwang continues, "Promise me you won't tell anyone either. I don't want Hyosung's image ruined with no father next to her. I don't want her to look like she's raising the child alone. Please stand by her and my child."

 

Yongguk didn't want to accept it, but he couldn't turn away, "I promise."

 

Just then, the cops checked their alley and got a hold of Kikwang and arrested him.

 

Kikwang yells out from the car, "Tell Hyosung, I love her and I'll be back soon!"


A/N: OMG. I've been trying to post the last chapter up for about an hour & they kept saying I had a report on this, but there were none. >< Anyway, now that it is posted.... That was the ending of my first BangSong! So how'd you guys enjoy this fic? I hope I didn't have any loose ends or anything, but I hope you guys enjoyed this. :)) Anyways, tell me if you guys thought it was either boring or good, I'd appreciate it. I don't think I have anymore to add or take out, but maybe in the future, if I can, I probably will write a sequel, but only if you guys would like that, if not, I think I'll probably will still write it..... If I want. xD Also, Jieun's new song tho, right? "Don't look at me", I actually liked the song a lot better than "False Hope", and she's going to be coming out with an album!!! Omg! x) Haha, anyways, let's all support Jieun's new album & songs for whatever fandom we are in. Anyways, thanks for reading this fic & I hope you guys liked this story, I really do. Have a good day or night everyone! <33 - adurrrh94<3